1965 Disc Weekly Reviews Of The Tamla Motown UK Tour

Soul Cargo

My parents were at this tour in 1965 - I was lucky enough to have two sixties mods as my mum and dad - Glasgow Odeon - April Fools day - they went with some friends - to the performance - it was brilliant and full of energy but the theatre was dead ! My mum always remembers how young Stevie Wonder looked - only 14 at the time ! She always comments how I would of loved it !!!! 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2020 at 22:39, The Tempest said:

My parents were at this tour in 1965 - I was lucky enough to have two sixties mods as my mum and dad - Glasgow Odeon - April Fools day - they went with some friends - to the performance - it was brilliant and full of energy but the theatre was dead ! My mum always remembers how young Stevie Wonder looked - only 14 at the time ! She always comments how I would of loved it !!!! 

That's great! I'm working on a BBC2 documentary about this tour and I was wondering whether you or your parents might be interested in having a chat about it? Would love to hear their thoughts on the show! Let me know!

Social source share

1 hour ago, Saramar said:

That's great! I'm working on a BBC2 documentary about this tour and I was wondering whether you or your parents might be interested in having a chat about it? Would love to hear their thoughts on the show! Let me know!

Have you touched base with Keith Rylatt ?

He featured the details of the Tour heavily in his book 'HITSVILLE - The Birth of Tamla Motown' .. and spoke to a lot of those who attended

Andy

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Andy Rix said:

Have you touched base with Keith Rylatt ?

He featured the details of the Tour heavily in his book 'HITSVILLE - The Birth of Tamla Motown' .. and spoke to a lot of those who attended

Andy

Hey Andy,

Yeah, we are speaking to Keith who is being really helpful. Just trying to find any additional people that may have been at one of the shows! 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!