Quiz

Soulsmith

1. Why was Bunny Sigler so called "Bunny"

2. " The technique is brilliant - the incredible mobile vocals, carrying the songs in a rather intricate ebb & flow, and especially the rise of the falsetto, thinning away to almost nothing for the delivery of a particularly delicious line - but ironically as it 's perfected it seems more obtrusive as a technique and less acceptable as an inspiration. The first flash of lightening is always the most exciting; after that they just brighten up the landscape. Such are the problems of professionalism."

Who was the writer was talking about?

3. Who said the following?

I went over to Cameo for an audition when Chubby Checker walked in the room. I was working on my tunes to make sure they were right before presenting them to the people at Cameo. Chubby was in the habit of walking in on any one, he likes to see what's going on, he's a real nosey guy. So he says "let me here your song". So I play the song and he likes it and he says "would you like to write for me?" Oh yeah big Chubby Checker! Yeah sure Mr Checker. A week later I got a contract. But I didn't write any songs for him. He had me writing for other artists, I wrote a couple of raggy little tunes. But they weren't so hot so I guess we were even.

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

2. " The technique is brilliant - the incredible mobile vocals, carrying the songs in a rather intricate ebb & flow, and especially the rise of the falsetto, thinning away to almost nothing for the delivery of a particularly delicious line - but ironically as it 's perfected it seems more obtrusive as a technique and less acceptable as an inspiration. The first flash of lightening is always the most exciting; after that they just brighten up the landscape. Such are the problems of professionalism."

I went over to Cameo for an audition when Chubby Checker walked in the room. I was working on my tunes to make sure they were right before presenting them to the people at Cameo. Chubby was in the habit of walking in on any one, he likes to see what's going on, he's a real nosey guy. So he says "let me here your song". So I play the song and he likes it and he says "would you like to write for me?" Oh yeah big Chubby Checker! Yeah sure Mr Checker. A week later I got a contract. But I didn't write any songs for him. He had me writing for other artists, I wrote a couple of raggy little tunes. But they weren't so hot so I guess we were even.

Some quick guesses

1. Same as Chalky, big hamsteads as a kid.

2. Minnie Ripperton

3. Kenny Gamble

Regards Alan

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

1. Was it because he used to push his pet bunny rabbit dressed in a bonnet round in a dolls pram? Oh sorry, my mistake, that was my uncle.

2. Nigel Tufnel?

3. Theophilus P Wildebeest?

I'm not 100% certain. :wicked:

Edited by Karen Heath
Social source share

Guest mel brat

PRETTY sure that's Kenny Gamble (?)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Quick tip if you're thinking of setting a quiz: Make sure you remember to hang around to provide the bleedin' answers! biggrin.gif

Godz

Tone is correct, 3 is Thom Bell defo. Being sad I had a look in the Tony Cummings book TSOP, the quote is a direct lift.

Still with Chalky on number 1 though.

Best go and do some work!

Regards Alan

Social source share

Quick tip if you're thinking of setting a quiz: Make sure you remember to hang around to provide the bleedin' answers! :lol:

Godz

Whoa, hang on to your scales there matey. Some of us didn't get any sleep saturday night & nodded off a bit early Sunday. :ohmy:

Ans as following.

1. Born 2 days before easter.

2. Al Green - thought you might have got that from "the rise of the falsetto, thinning away to almost nothing for the delivery of a particularly delicious line"

3 Thom Bell. Really annoyed that Tony Rounce got that as I was going to ban him from the comp on the basis that nobody likes a know-it-all. Only kidding there matey. :lol:

Edited by Soulsmith
Social source share

Tone is correct, 3 is Thom Bell defo. Being sad I had a look in the Tony Cummings book TSOP, the quote is a direct lift.

Still with Chalky on number 1 though.

Best go and do some work!

Regards Alan

Bunny Sigler is quite sure of the reason himself, he says himself it's either because of his birth date or because his mother says he looked like a rabbit with his one fully grown front tooth.

Social source share

Bunny Sigler is quite sure of the reason himself, he says himself it's either because of his birth date or because his mother says he looked like a rabbit with his one fully grown front tooth.

From the either/or bit above I'd say he was definately unsure.

But as we don't want any sore losers you can have half a point wink.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert