Younghearts - Nashville Matrix - original or boot ?

Chris L

Some years ago I bought a Younghearts - Little togetherness from a small record shop outside Cleveland, Ohio. It's vinyl and has 'Nashville Matrix' stamped in run-out. Because of the circumstances I'm assuming it's an original, I've seen plenty 1970s boots and this is different.

Any thoughts or comments ?

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Is there a distinction between Younghearts - Little Togetherness on vinyl with the Nashville Matrix stamp and The Younghearts - A Little Togetherness also on vinyl with a stamped Nashville Matrix or are they both considered originals?

I’ve got The Younghearts - A Little Togetherness with JC 67 C 506 A  RE  Nashville Matrix   5 in the deadwax which I always thought was a bootleg but have noticed recently that similar copies are described as an original if stamped with Nashville Matrix.

I’m not sure this was established one way or another in the original thread on here. Any views?

IMG_2579.jpeg

Edited by Autumnstoned
Social source share

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Autumnstoned said:

Is there a distinction between Younghearts - Little Togetherness on vinyl with the Nashville Matrix stamp and The Younghearts - A Little Togetherness also on vinyl with a stamped Nashville Matrix or are they both considered originals?

I’ve got The Younghearts - A Little Togetherness with JC 67 C 506 A  RE  Nashville Matrix   5 in the deadwax which I always thought was a bootleg but have noticed recently that similar copies are described as an original if stamped with Nashville Matrix.

I’m not sure this was established one way or another in the original thread on here. Any views?

Three pressing plants involved. First pressed at monarch (styrene) titled 'little togetherness' then re-pressed 'A little togetherness'. Those Monarch pressings got at least 5 pressing variants between the promo, both titles variants, one artists name variation as The Tempos and a production change of position on the label...

Indicating as many runs of pressing batches all along as the demand was growing or revived... But how long ? One year ? To farther involving two other pressing plant (Best Way and yours) for two vinyl issues variants. Yours is this one that was copied to be booted. Only yours is the real thing that is amongst other things machined stamp.

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!