Fluorescent Smogg

11 hours ago, Kenb said:

WRT the 11/5/2022 JM Auction results thread chat on Fluorescent Smogg about the release year and the year when it was played (thought to be mid 80's). I thought I might have seen a mention of LA Connection?

Is it not generally known that Fluorescent Smogg were aka LA Connection.

Arranger on 'All My Life' Walter Perry, was amongst other things on the 1982 Cameo tour.

Wilber Richardson writing credit on 'All My Life' and Wilbert Richardson (cited as a member of LA Connection on Discogs ) are the same person. By 2009/10, there was a Wilbert Richardson who ended up as a cook at Dreamland BBQ in Montgomery, Alabama. I mention this because 7th Wonder (the other W.G. Label artists were from Tuskegee, Alabama). 7th Wonder also recorded on Chocolate City label, as did Cameo.

Larry Blackmon composer/producer on 'Burn Me Up/Promise Me', LA Connection; also Cameo group founder & leader moved from New York where Cameo began in the mid 70's to Atlanta. 

All of which makes me think the release date of ‘All My Life’ was (as has been said)  probably not before 1978

Warren Taylor was First Cousin to The Richardson's

https://eu.postsouth.com/story/lifestyle/2019/05/09/men-iberville-from-fluorescent-smogg/5207486007/

• Up vote 1
Social source share

20 hours ago, Kenb said:

WRT the 11/5/2022 JM Auction results thread chat on Fluorescent Smogg about the release year and the year when it was played (thought to be mid 80's). I thought I might have seen a mention of LA Connection?

Is it not generally known that Fluorescent Smogg were aka LA Connection.

Arranger on 'All My Life' Walter Perry, was amongst other things on the 1982 Cameo tour.

Wilber Richardson writing credit on 'All My Life' and Wilbert Richardson (cited as a member of LA Connection on Discogs ) are the same person. By 2009/10, there was a Wilbert Richardson who ended up as a cook at Dreamland BBQ in Montgomery, Alabama. I mention this because 7th Wonder (the other W.G. Label artists were from Tuskegee, Alabama). 7th Wonder also recorded on Chocolate City label, as did Cameo.

Larry Blackmon composer/producer on 'Burn Me Up/Promise Me', LA Connection; also Cameo group founder & leader moved from New York where Cameo began in the mid 70's to Atlanta. 

All of which makes me think the release date of ‘All My Life’ was (as has been said)  probably not before 1978

The Discogs submission has the following notes

"date written on label 6-3-78 and initials jds"

Social source share

• 1 year later...

I was just listening to Promise Me by LA Connection from 82  and found that the singer Roger Harris was also in Mantra in 81. The same “LA Connection” recording of Promise Me is also on the Mantra LP, yet the group line-ups are completely different apart from Roger, so it seems that it’s not even by LA Connection…

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!