Valuation Wanted Please

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Those are previous sales details Dave , not for sale listings ... :wink:

you`ve lost me there mate.. i know how discogs works.. what i`m saying is if a record is put on discogs and sells for $400 if another copy is unearthed in the usa they will look there and put it up at around the same price to get a sale.. some may even put up for more as you never know who will bite... one thing i do know tho when mike asked for valuations at the time he had several messages about it and was offered nearly $1000 for it

Social source share

So it's basically back to the usual story of completely ignore all the readily available previous sales data and just make up a number , if he knows there are mugs out there offering a grand why the question why not just get it auctioned for the maximum ... :sleep3:

Little wonder prices are rising exponentially ... :rolleyes:

Social source share

1 hour ago, Dave Pinch said:

long time ago that now... probably 3 times that price now

Possibly Dave, though as you know a lot more goes into prices than years (demand, supply, whether the earlier copy or copies were bought by a mug or mugs, etc etc).

I'm sure we could all name records that are selling for less now than they were in 2015 as well as many which are selling for more?

I was just reading through the forum and responded to the question with the only data point I had.

I personally think that we're going to see a dramatic drop in sale prices - if inflation gets as bad as it seems likely to, I expect people will liquidate their collections. Nice-to-haves might be replaced with must-haves.

I'm interested in Lambretta sales, and you can pick up a nice GP now for less than you could a year/couple of years ago.

PS I had a copy of this and sold it years ago for a lot less than £300 (I don't rate it, but I wish I'd held on 😆)

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Like Dave says US and foreign sellers will base their price on recent history, not the Brits.  If something sells for 500 they want £1k, £2k they want £3.5k. There is no rhyme or reason to many sales prices and the buyer is falling for it.  Either a lack of knowledge, can’t be bothered to do a bit of work or too much money….or all three. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

26 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Three sales , each a year apart (2019 , 2020 , 2021) for about the same money , and then one year later it's worth three times what it was 12 months ago.

I call that b*ll*cks of the first order .

it may well be bollox but if a record  has gone for £300 a couple or 3 times in the last 3 years.. then a guy unearths a copy, asks for valuations, gets a little of obvious previous sales info on the forum, but then  gets several PMs offering way way more than the previous then whats a boy to do.. this is a rare 45 and if one was just listed at say £600 it would sell and with more than one PM coming i will wager. 

41 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Perhaps someone's sitting a boxful ...:wicked:

well they are all out there still.. nothing is sacred

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!