Timmy carr workin’

Dobber

12 minutes ago, Marc Forrest said:

I have one,  only knew of Mick H who also had one back then (he sold his some time ago now).

Very nice Marc,what a great 45 to own! The sound file on YouTube is an over compressed mp3,so doesn’t quite deliver the power of the song! I imagine its a powerful piece of northern played out loud?

8 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I'm sure I know of two possibly three other copies, or people who had them, not sure where they are now

Do you know when and where it may have been a regular play?

Social source share

10 hours ago, Dobber said:

Very nice Marc,what a great 45 to own! The sound file on YouTube is an over compressed mp3,so doesn’t quite deliver the power of the song! I imagine its a powerful piece of northern played out loud?

Do you know when and where it may have been a regular play?

Npt so much regular plays but it got played at Lifeline, may have had an outing at Burnley too.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I bought Sams copy of him about 1980 or maybe a touch later, and kept it for a good many years. At the time I understood it to be the only known copy (or at least that was the impression I got).

When when I sold up in the late 1980s, it went though Domar and I understand ended up with Tim Brown.

I only played it out a spots maybe a couple of times, never really cought on.

Think it's still quite rare, but no idea how many copies.

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

I bought Sams copy of him about 1980 or maybe a touch later, and kept it for a good many years. At the time I understood it to be the only known copy (or at least that was the impression I got).

When when I sold up in the late 1980s, it went though Domar and I understand ended up with Tim Brown.

I only played it out a spots maybe a couple of times, never really gought on.

Think it's still quite rare, but no idea how many copies.

Nice one, so Sam`s old copy now resides with me as I bought Tims copy back then. I too only gave it the occasional spin here and there.  

• Up vote 2
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Marc Forrest said:

Nice one, so Sam`s old copy now resides with me as I bought Tims copy back then. I too only gave it the occasional spin here and there.  

I didn't realise Tim had sold it, but yes, that is the same copy. Good to know where it is after 35 or so years.

I think it is great, but maybe too fast and furious for folks in the eighties, as tastes were changing to a slower tempo.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

As I said earlier I thought this was super rare.....I heard 3 copies? but that was years ago and often proved wrong when researched these days. . Great for 1 to be documented so far!! Great stuff!! Thinking this is elusive as not shed loads of posts stating everyone had one years ago😂.....thank you...Rob

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!