Hugh Boynton - Blue Original * Rarity - Value *

Rick Scott

Reason i ask the question as there have been some many supposedly rare records put up for Auction and fetching

really Mind Blowing prices which have been said to be not that rare according to many members on here.

So, Here is a record that that has never come up for sale/auction on Popsike or Discogs (original blue label)

Hugh Boynton (soul-po-tion records SP144) US 1974 Blue Label Original.

Hugh Boynton (soul-po-tion records SP144) US 1989 Yellow Label Re-issue. (Lots of these About)

So If this came up let's say with JM Rare Record (or anyone else for that matter) for Auction How do we think this

would fair in the Grand Scheme of things as this seems like a very rare record?

Looking forward very much to your train of thoughts on this one.🙂

Social source share

1 hour ago, Rick Scott said:

Reason i ask the question as there have been some many supposedly rare records put up for Auction and fetching

really Mind Blowing prices which have been said to be not that rare according to many members on here.

So, Here is a record that that has never come up for sale/auction on Popsike or Discogs (original blue label)

Hugh Boynton (soul-po-tion records SP144) US 1974 Blue Label Original.

Hugh Boynton (soul-po-tion records SP144) US 1989 Yellow Label Re-issue. (Lots of these About)

So If this came up let's say with JM Rare Record (or anyone else for that matter) for Auction How do we think this

would fair in the Grand Scheme of things as this seems like a very rare record?

Looking forward very much to your train of thoughts on this one.🙂

Got the yellow , never seen the blue one ...

Ever 

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

Yes i have Mike, but it is NOT for SALE, It's staying in my Play Box, just interested as i was asked if i would sell it it a year or two back and said NO, i would not know where to start to be honest, so just interested to know other peoples thoughts/opinions, hope that answers your question Mike.

Yep it does thanks, hopefully ya get some decent replies...

Social source share

And as far as i know was my old  DJ Stable Mate Pokes original Copy which was used for the Yellow Repress and came with typed out letter from Garry thanking Robin for the use of the Original Record so That Jesse Boone could Cut A New Master from in his Own Studio, Jesse also said that he could have re-pressed it the same as the first pressing if wanted that way but Gary told him of arrangements made with Robin so he did it differently, so a nice little in sight to the History of this wonderful record.

My Blue Copy has the record address along the bottom edge of the label scratched out with a pin which was a bit of a trade mark of Soul Bowl back in the day as ewe all know

Edited by Rick Scott
extra information
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks MFS45s

Yep, and does make you wonder how many copies of the BLUE original were originaly pressed up by  the record company on release at the time and what happened to them? possibly a local Hit ? Who Knows, but even so for copies not to turn up for sale in the USA never mind the UK in ANY quantity over the years is a mystery for sure. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!