MANSHIP Ending this Wednesday 07/02/2024

I'm not really up to date with auction/general prices. However, Daybreak at £1,700? 

It's a fantastic record, one of my favourite modern sounds, I used to really annoy my mum, having first heard in Richard's set at Wigan, singing the chorus over and over again at home; "don't you know any more words to that song"?, "no mum". 🫣

Peter

Edited by Peter99
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

That Sweet Breeze thing is a nice soul record, but why that price? £3616.00.  Sort of thing that would have been lucky to sell back in the day! Is it really worth two original copies of Daybreak?

Ted Taylor way overpriced!

The High Numbers - Zoot Suite ?

It looks like a lot of these quirky records are going for big money and traditional good sellers are not making as much or keeping the interest that they did! Well that's how it looks to me but I suppose trends and interest change over time. 

But overall I still think Manship is getting great prices compared to most other sellers🤔 

Edited by Solidsoul
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Solidsoul said:

That Sweet Breeze thing is a nice soul record, but why that price? Sort of thing that would have been lucky to sell back in the day! Is it really worth two original copies of Daybreak?

The High Numbers - Zoot Suite ?

It looks like a lot of these quirky records are going for big money and traditional good sellers are not making as much or keeping the interest that they did! Well that's how it looks to me but I suppose trends and interest change over time. 

But overall I still think Manship is getting great prices compared to most other sellers🤔 

The High Numbers has always made good money , often above this.

Social source share

15 hours ago, Solidsoul said:

That Sweet Breeze thing is a nice soul record, but why that price? £3616.00.  Sort of thing that would have been lucky to sell back in the day! Is it really worth two original copies of Daybreak?

Totally agree. Ted Taylor very common - £400 tops these days. Reatha Reece good and rare so expected it to be higher. Carole Waller was on the high side. John does well catering to the buyer who has a select wants-list but can’t be bothered to shop around on other dealers’ websites.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!