I Just Flicked Through Ebay

Guest Baz

And Guess what i found...........

71ab_2.JPG

And

7222_2.JPG

Not supprising really :thumbsup:

So what other supposidly 'rare' records are almost an Ebay feature? is my question

Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt Male

As long as they carry on selling for more than i payed for mine i don't mind :thumbsup:

I'm betting he won't get $299 for the Dynells though.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

hmm how about clara hardy??? seen that at least 7 times!

YEAH 7 TIMES THIS WEEK ITS CRAZY

THERE HAS BEEN AT LEAST 12 IN 6 MONTHS

cloudburst at least 3 and the dealer has quite a few more to go :hypo:

SEEN 2 DIDNT TAKE NOTE OF THE SELLERS ID.??

Social source share

hmm how about clara hardy??? seen that at least 7 times!

cloudburst at least 3 and the dealer has quite a few more to go :hypo:

Hi there, when it started to show up on ebay (Dkrup I think his name is) my mate put a bid on for £1000.00 and was out bid by 5 people, he then got a second chance offer that was a year ago or so and the guy is still putting them out 1 a week at least.

Social source share

So what other supposidly 'rare' records are almost an Ebay feature? is my question

sam dees lonely for you baby on sss international

bobby reed time is right for love on bell

(in average) more than one copy every month of both and always going for big money.

they can't be rare in my humble opinion.

Social source share

sam dees lonely for you baby on sss international

bobby reed time is right for love on bell

(in average) more than one copy every month of both and always going for big money.

they can't be rare in my humble opinion.

But but but.....Rarity has never been the yardstick for price though has it? I mean tons of rare records don't sell (including some really good ones), and tons of mediocre ones go for big money.,.....it's all down to supply and demand as my old Economics teacher used to say....things like bobby reed aren't rare I agree.

Social source share

But but but.....Rarity has never been the yardstick for price though has it? I mean tons of rare records don't sell (including some really good ones), and tons of mediocre ones go for big money.,.....it's all down to supply and demand as my old Economics teacher used to say....things like bobby reed aren't rare I agree.

of course it's a question of demand. and didn't say they're not worth it, coz they are as long as people are willing to pay. but they're not rare.

Social source share

Bobby Reed-pricy but I suppose you get good value for money with two great sides. Just wish it would drop a bit...about a tenner would suit my current budget :lol:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I don't think there's been a time in the last 8 months that there hasn't been a Clara Hardy on Ebay.

Only difference now it starts at $10 instead of $800....

And they don't feel quite right up close. I bid on one when they first turned up and am glad that I didn't spend a fortune on them, I got a slightly battered copy for what I thought was a cheap price in the end and even that doesn't look quite right. Ah well.

Social source share

And they don't feel quite right up close. I bid on one when they first turned up and am glad that I didn't spend a fortune on them, I got a slightly battered copy for what I thought was a cheap price in the end and even that doesn't look quite right. Ah well.

Always said there's something not right about these.. wouldn't touch them with someone elses 10ft barge pole shades.gif

Social source share

As long as they carry on selling for more than i payed for mine i don't mind thumbsup.gif

I'm betting he won't get $299 for the Dynells though.

Royal Esquires

Oxford Nights

I have a theory about the Oxford Nights..............I reckon (& this is purely my opinion) that there is at least one international dealer who knows the 'true' story, but wont tell, as they were initially duped themselves & inadvertantly sold one or two before realising, now they are in the position that they dont want to admit to it cos it could ruin there rep !!!!. Same with the Clara Hardy either most of the stock turned up en masse or someone has the stampers IMHO.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Im told by a very reliable source that JM has a 250 count of the Tollie 45

so why doesnt the price drop?

Gasher,

You should know better really. "Reliable source"

We don't even know what records we have, and has NOBODY hasever seen my stock, your reliable scource, must be a mystic?

I usually find these stories of massive quanities of records are almost always spread by dealers or the mischievious.. who quickly change their mind as soon as they got a copy.

Jackie Day - Naughty Boy went from 300 4 years ago, to a handful and a rarity, when one UK dealer auctioned his first copy a few months back. Before that he was falling over himself to ensure everyone thought there were 100s found in Oakland..maybe cause he needed one for his collection..

This scene is MASSIVE... there are maybe 30,000 or more collectors worldwide.

Rarity has nothing to do with value...demand drives the value.. I have total one-offs that are worth a fraction of records I've had 100's of copies of over the years.

As for Sam Flatcher we have had and sold 24 stock copies in the last 6 years.. Although we do have a promo copy + picture sleeve awaiting the auction....We think it'll go well..as most collectors dismiss reliable sources for what they are.. usually unreliable.

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Guest moggy

Another tune that goes for big bucks

The Seven Souls I still love you

know of the Okeh issue and demo, a french release and an Italian release, ok so not always cropping up on ebay, just another record that does not come in to the rare genre, but always attracts a decent price

gotta agree with the Jack Montgomory seen loads over the last four years, and while i think of it, The Ojays Never forget you, seen loads of them.also, as someone said earlier its about demand not so much rarity IMHO

Social source share

cloudburst dealer has at least 15.....clara hardy god knows how many???

sam fletcher same deal....i am sure john is correct as to the numbers he has...

we are all fishing in the same pond...just got differrent tackle and bait thumbsup.gif

Edited by souljazera
Social source share

Gasher,

We don't even know what records we have

just to play devils advocate here.

If you don't know what records you have then you MAY have piles and piles of Sam Fletchers.

Personally it makes no odds to me.

Social source share

Royal Esquires

Oxford Nights

I have a theory about the Oxford Nights..............I reckon (& this is purely my opinion) that there is at least one international dealer who knows the 'true' story, but wont tell, as they were initially duped themselves & inadvertantly sold one or two before realising, now they are in the position that they dont want to admit to it cos it could ruin there rep !!!!. Same with the Clara Hardy either most of the stock turned up en masse or someone has the stampers IMHO.

Russ

YES I AGREE WITH THAT AS FOR THE ROYAL ESQUIRES SEEM THEM TRICKLE RECENTLY AND CAN ENVISAGE THEM GETTING A BIT HARDER.ALL THE RECORDS MENTIONED SO FAR DONT REALLY DO IT FOR ME AND THE CLARA HARDY I WOULD HAVE REAL SECOND THOUGHTS ABOUT SHELLING OUT BIG CASH [VERY AVERAGE SPIN ANYWAY].

ONE OF THE BIGGER E BAY DEALERS BEST SIDES HAVE BEEN LISTING SOME VERY TASTY MODERN/CROSSOVER RECENTLY ,CARMELITA ETC WONDER IF THATS THE FUTURE TREND AS THE PRICES SEEM TO BE GETING NAILED ON THE CLARA HARDYS ETC.

BAZ A.

Social source share

Deadbeats - No Second Chance is always for sale on Gemm.

I would bet there is a fair stash of them in the dealers hands.

Also, Debonairs Come Back Baby was(is?) readily available from a well known US dealer.

I bought a Debonairs, even if there are plenty available, the price was not too deadly at $400 for a record I'd wanted for years. I always reckon unless something turns up in mass quantity, like say Danny Moore, then these finds are absorbed and the records disappear again.

On the subject of Danny Moore, what a happy day when that dropped through my letter box for sixty quid!! One of those records that I'd thought I would never get. Makes you kind of greedy when that happens, now roll on the mass find of Eric Mercury, Court Davis, Tina Roberts....

Social source share

Deadbeats - No Second Chance is always for sale on Gemm.

I would bet there is a fair stash of them in the dealers hands.

Also, Debonairs Come Back Baby was(is?) readily available from a well known US dealer.

I bought a Debonairs, even if there are plenty available, the price was not too deadly at $400 for a record I'd wanted for years. I always reckon unless something turns up in mass quantity, like say Danny Moore, then these finds are absorbed and the records disappear again.

On the subject of Danny Moore, what a happy day when that dropped through my letter box for sixty quid!! One of those records that I'd thought I would never get. Makes you kind of greedy when that happens, now roll on the mass find of Eric Mercury, Court Davis, Tina Roberts....

Hello Mark, when are you coming to do a spot at Burnley then? Still waiting to hear from you. :unsure:

Social source share

Gasher,

We don't even know what records we have, and has NOBODY hasever seen my stock, your reliable scource, must be a mystic?

I usually find these stories of massive quanities of records are almost always spread by dealers or the mischievious.. who quickly change their mind as soon as they got a copy.

Jackie Day - Naughty Boy went from 300 4 years ago, to a handful and a rarity, when one UK dealer auctioned his first copy a few months back. Before that he was falling over himself to ensure everyone thought there were 100s found in Oakland..maybe cause he needed one for his collection..

This scene is MASSIVE... there are maybe 30,000 or more collectors worldwide.

Rarity has nothing to do with value...demand drives the value.. I have total one-offs that are worth a fraction of records I've had 100's of copies of over the years.

As for Sam Flatcher we have had and sold 24 stock copies in the last 6 years.. Although we do have a promo copy + picture sleeve awaiting the auction....We think it'll go well..as most collectors dismiss reliable sources for what they are.. usually unreliable.

Come on John - "Nobody has ever seen my stock" - What about your employees? or do they sign the official secrets act.

Invite me down John and let me see your stock because you are honest and upfront arnt you? so theres no secrecy is there!

Ive said this for years - Its just amatter of time before quantities of records turn up unless they have been destroyed by idiots like me when I was young and working at Global at the weekends.

Social source share

Rarity has nothing to do with value...demand drives the value..

Very true, demand is pretty much everything. If no one wants a record it doesn't matter if there is only 3 existing copies and if it is really good by most people's standards, it still won't be worth very much, relatively speaking. The price of some very rare obscurities is destroyed if a handful of copies come along while it doesn't really matter if 20 more copies of the Professionlas turn up, the price will probably hold, at least for as long as the scene keeps going...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert