Guest rachel

• Replies 131
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

That's The Way It Goes - jimmy mccracklin - imperial

What a great track this is. thumbup.gif It got a great reaction when I posted on 'Carms' list a while back and some sidling up to the decks at the Push Bar to see what it was too !

Social source share

Whats in post 48, 49 and 50?

Site won't let me scroll all the way down for some reason.

strange...

48 = I'VE GOT THE BLUES - bessie clark - [kenneth 125]

49 = I CAN NEVER FIND OUT - ramrocks introducing the zeniths - [press 2811]

50 = You Never Miss the Water - Billy 'The Kid' Emerson - Vee Jay

Social source share

LOL.. nice one bongolia..Little Richard basically knicked this for "Slippin and Slidin"....theres an interview with Marie Knight and she says 'Richard was a great thief!

yeah, this is the first version, then Bo did it again after LR's version - on Ric ('Baby I'm Wise') which is probably a bit better known

Social source share

yeah, this is the first version, then Bo did it again after LR's version - on Ric ('Baby I'm Wise') which is probably a bit better known

Its great to finally hear it...I know of both versions but for some reason have never in all these years heard the Ace version. I think it got booted on Ace 45?

Social source share

Don't understand this phrase... care to elaborate? unsure.gif

Well on the punters side of the speakers it sounded very distorted....and i remember you having to tweak the gain on the mixer so I guess the set up didn't like the disc.....

Social source share

Ahh I see...

Yep, mixers weren't set up for LP tracks, so gain would have had to go up... also LPs don't tend to be mastered with as much bass as 45s.

When i do my final sound check at Middleton - (known as the first half hour) I tweak the system, to ensure that tracks that aren't well mastered can be played without sounding like a sack of spanners.

Trouble is at Prestatyn, it wasn't my place to fiddle with the sound... even if I was able to... because as you are probably well aware, I was very, very, very drunk at the time.

Social source share

Bongolia, some really nice tracks there! Especially like the Monitors and Big Lucky.....

cheers, were loads of stock copies of the Big Lucky around recently, but never heard anyone talk about it or play it though. it's Big Lucky Carter with Ann Peebles (i think) shouting in the background, a late 60s Willie Mitchell production. The Monitors is a 'Fools Paradise Favourite', i thought you might have heard Rex play it. i love the more rocking/rock'n'roll/doo wop stuff and not many people seem to - it's too R'n'R for soulies and many mods, but too soulful for the R'n'R/rockabilly types.

Michael

Edited by bongolia
Social source share

The Monitors is a 'Fools Paradise Favourite', i thought you might have heard Rex play it. i love the more rocking/rock'n'roll/doo wop stuff and not many people seem to - it's too R'n'R for soulies and many mods, but too soulful for the R'n'R/rockabilly types.

Michael

Oh is it? I must have missed it on Rex's. I've just managed to find myself a copy, so thanks very much for that! I Love all that sort of stuff. I'll post some sounds up a bit later.

Social source share

that was quick! took me a couple of months to find a copy. can you have for look for everything else on my wants list then? :thumbsup:

Certainly! I mean, If I must ....... laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Rowly

Nah just kiddin Mik! :D:shades:

Listened to it 4 times mate..... IMO nice enough - (It it were a woman I wouldn't kick her out of bed! :lol::lol: ) - but not earth shattering.

Social source share

Guest Rowly

didn't really think it'd be your sort of sound at all Rowly so that's OK, sounds good loud and a little faster.

That the one you were on about earlier over on modculture Mik?

Social source share

Guest Rowly

First 10 seconds are brill.... (just before the vocal kicks in!) :lol:

Just listened again -Definitely don't dislike it - It is very good no doubt there. As you say a bit on the clippy clop side of things for me to get really excited by it perhaps but i've heard far far far far FAR far far worse things played out and be big! No you're on a sure fire winner with that. Go down a storm with the mods alright..... :lol:

Social source share

c/u ? really ??? :thumbsup:

haha, no idea if 'known', imagined it was but couldn't see it mentioned from a Google search, and as there are stock copies at a certain big US dealer's site i didn't want to piss off the friend if it wasn't well known because i'm nice like that... great 45, both sides, love the fuzz bass

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert