Ringleaders - All Of My Life - M-pac

I was checking a few things out on popsike just now and saw RINGLEADERS - ALL OF ME LIFE - M PAC demos on there . Are they boots or pukka demos?

Derek

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks Simon

Didn't look right to me but thought i'd just check.

Derek

Forget who was selling them from the US, one of the dealers who had all the Royal Esquires etc?

Dave Thorley's on here, don't know if he still has the original acetete?

Social source share

Guest Trevski

From memory the track "All of my life" was an un-issued track by The Four Temples I think, of course there is chance the Four Temples could have been The Ringleaders, they certainly sound similar. Awesome track.

Regards

Alan

:lol: "covered" as the Ringleaders, and subsequently pressed as such. Acetate was made for M-pac, and as no group name appeared on the label, the Ringleaders was the obvious choice to call it.

post-1355-1178371516_thumb.jpg

Social source share

as far as I'm aware the Four Temples was the name of the group before they went on to become the Ringleaders. I think the Four Temples was written on the studio tape or whatever it was when Tim got them. So in essence it wasn't covered as the Ringleaders, they were the Ringleaders :lol:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

:lol: "covered" as the Ringleaders, and subsequently pressed as such. Acetate was made for M-pac, and as no group name appeared on the label, the Ringleaders was the obvious choice to call it.

post-1355-1178371516_thumb.jpg

there might be nothing on the disc but the sleeves both had the Ringleaders written on.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

there might be nothing on the disc but the sleeves both had the Ringleaders written on.

Hadn't heard that bit of info :lol: So if that was the case, and I don't doubt it, how come it emerged as credited to the Four Temples, when all fingers point to the Ringleaders? Whats the full sp?

Social source share

Hadn't heard that bit of info :lol: So if that was the case, and I don't doubt it, how come it emerged as credited to the Four Temples, when all fingers point to the Ringleaders? Whats the full sp?

thought I'd said earlier :lol: The Ringleaders were previously known as the Four Temples. As I said earlier, when Tim got the studio tapes and other related stuff the one with All Of My Life had the Four Temples on it. Must have been one of their first recordings laid down at M-Pac/One-Derful and they went there as the FT. Then came the name change to the Ringleaders for their releases on the label.....I presume.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

thought I'd said earlier :lol: The Ringleaders were previously known as the Four Temples. As I said earlier, when Tim got the studio tapes and other related stuff the one with All Of My Life had the Four Temples on it. Must have been one of their first recordings laid down at M-Pac/One-Derful and they went there as the FT. Then came the name change to the Ringleaders for their releases on the label.....I presume.

Sorry Chalks, the posts were coming in that fast I missed that bit :lol: Did they ever release anything as the Four Temples previously, or did they just get together, call themselves the Four Temples, turn up to audition for M-pac and the label didn't like the name?

Social source share

Sorry Chalks, the posts were coming in that fast I missed that bit :lol: Did they ever release anything as the Four Temples previously, or did they just get together, call themselves the Four Temples, turn up to audition for M-pac and the label didn't like the name?

don't know of anything by the FT prior to AOML.

Social source share

Useless fact: I bought Richard Searlings copy of The Ringleaders off him at Wigan, paid £15, and he'd put the groups name as The Ringmasters on the sleeve. Must have been one of his whiskey nights.

biggrin.gif I love useless facts.

£15! Shouldn't be much more than that now :Pwicked.gif

Social source share

biggrin.gif I love useless facts.

£15! Shouldn't be much more than that now :Pwicked.gif

That was such a lot of money then, and of course he must have been tipped off because about 2 weeks later, about 500 copies turned up courtesy of soul bowl, they retailed at £3 each

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert