Luther Ingram Hib

the orange atco distrubted re-release is superb but I bet you're looking at least £50 for that.

thumbsup.gif gettting hold of one tho, some fella sent a message on ebay wanting the thick end of 80 pounds, i'll wait something always turns up.

Chris

Social source share

• Replies 76
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

You can always watch my lists Chris, I sell that for £40, had 2 this year already.

I do keep an eye on your list, always miss them tho.

Never seem to get your list emailed to me, even tho i did register months ago.

Edited by scoot
Social source share

But it wasn't a joke! I had that record in about 1975 and don't think I even heard the vocal until it came out on a compilation album in 1985. It was never played, ever. And I still wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire. Well I would, but only the instrumental side, I'd probably throw a damp cloth over it.

What's the point of coming onto a Northern Soul forum and slagging down classic's that alot of people love, it's depressing. That's why I left a previous site, unconstuctive and negative comments.

Social source share

What's the point of coming onto a Northern Soul forum and slagging down classic's that alot of people love, it's depressing. That's why I left a previous site, unconstuctive and negative comments.

Well leave this one if you can't put up with people having an opinion for Christs sake...

Social source share

Big deal, a scooter with some record labels owned by a bloke who probably never heard a Northern record til 1984, nice chap though he is.

He's a very nice chap indeed........I dont understand the relevance of when you got into soul music tho'................so long as you get it, who cares.

Russ

Social source share

Big deal, a scooter with some record labels owned by a bloke who probably never heard a Northern record til 1984, nice chap though he is.

Lifting the needle onto that mint copy of Walter & The Admirations at the 100 Club. Yep pretty big deal.

Is it possible to tack a poll on this thread - vocal/inst ? Anyone give a toss?

Social source share

:P

On face value his post could look like that, but you have to understand Pete S is our resident 'Victor Meldrew' & we expect his rantings on tunes he dosen't like, it's just a bit of fun so stick around a bit first Stardom :thumbsup:

If you really want to work his forehead vein try starting a thread on 'how many peas can you fit on a Carstairs 45' or something ! :lol:

Back to the thread, as i said, i like em both, but if i were backed up to a wall, fitted with thumb screws & had a gun held to my head then i would probably go along with the X Factor fan & plump for the instrumental :ohmy: .

Another voc/inst dilema from around the same period ; Ronnie & Robyn, which came up on a thread earlier this year https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44554 I prefered the vocal to the instrumental on that one. Though that said, i would have loved to have heard it performed by a more soulful voice. Opinions ?

Social source share

:ohmy: Never seen that bugger ? Fair play ! That must be the hardest :thumbsup:

To me, that looks like the label has had a little bleech "spill" on the label.

Can you put up a scan with the full 45 out of the sleeve, showing the deadwax etc. As from that scan I can't tell which press it is or even if it's an original.

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Heres my sukcer;post-1986-1185994789_thumb.jpg

To me, that looks like the label has received a little bleech "spill"..

Can you put up a scan with the full 45 out of the sleeve, showing the deadwax etc.

From that scan I can't tell which press it is or even if it's an original.

Edited by john manship
Social source share

To me, that looks like the label has received a little bleech "spill"..

Can you put up a scan with the full 45 out of the sleeve, showing the deadwax etc.

From that scan I can't tell which press it is or even if it's an original.

Bleach!!are you mad :ohmy: and is deffo`real 100% so there :thumbsup: i will find later and re-scan as above maybe,wouldnt play it out otherwise :P ,might be Petes pissed on on this one.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Tell you what, I'm getting sick of all this "how dare you slag a record off" attitude, if you can't have an opinion on something there is no point in having a forum, we can't all like the same records. So in classic toys out of the pram style, I'll just post in sales and look at your box from now on and you can all hug each other while comparing notes on how great Footsee is.

Social source share

Bleach!!are you mad :ohmy: and is deffo`real 100% so there :thumbsup: i will find later and re-scan as above maybe,wouldnt play it out otherwise :P ,might be Petes pissed on on this one.

post-1986-1193736764_thumb.jpgpost-1986-1193736790_thumb.jpg

There you go.

post-1986-1193736764_thumb.jpg

post-1986-1193736790_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Forelock tugger

post-2216-1193739806.gif

Tell you what, I'm getting sick of all this "how dare you slag a record off" attitude, if you can't have an opinion on something there is no point in having a forum, we can't all like the same records. So in classic toys out of the pram style, I'll just post in sales and look at your box from now on and you can all hug each other while comparing notes on how great Footsee is.

This is Look at Your Box yer silly old sausage! :no:

post-2216-1193739806.gif

Social source share

:(

post-2216-1193739806.gif

This is Look at Your Box yer silly old sausage! laugh.gif

:wub: Think he means the 'cardboard box' that he is living in since his Mrs kicked him out for constantly moaning about the records she likes ! :(

Any update on that odd one of Ken's ? I thought it was just a problem with the scanner when he put it up.

Social source share

:(

:( Think he means the 'cardboard box' that he is living in since his Mrs kicked him out for constantly moaning about the records she likes ! laugh.gif

Any update on that odd one of Ken's ? I thought it was just a problem with the scanner when he put it up.

John M ax`d for scan,maybe him for update.

Edited by ken
Social source share

There you go.

Thanks, what is the B-side label design and colour?

Is it exactly the same or is it different or slightly different. Hard to comment from a scan but I'm just trying to acertain - is it some weird printing error? or a deliberate design? What do you think?

As for the "bleach" you obviously have never heard of the Johnny Hampton "White Demo" or that wonderful "multi-coloured issue" of Little Joe Roman's.

You can do wonderful with a colouring set and bleach

Your "exus trek" 45 is obviously seriously interesting..

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Thanks, what is the B-side label design and colour?

Is it exactly the same or is it different or slightly different. Hard to comment from a scan but I'm just trying to acertain - is it some weird printing error? or a deliberate design? What do you think?

As for the "bleach" you obviously have never heard of the Johnny Hampton "White Demo" or that wonderful "multi-coloured issue" of Little Joe Roman's.

You can do wonderful with a colouring set and bleach

Your "exus trek" 45 is obviously seriously interesting..

I dont know John,i think print error maybe.........up to press a one off,probberly contracted some sort of Hep though being played at dodgy soul do`s.

post-1986-1193766848_thumb.jpg

PS if you want to offer me a big heap of money and a normal copy its yours :yes:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Hey Pete, don't you like Scooters? I can understand it if you prefer the instumental from Luther. (cause that was played first and you are old)....but Scooters? What have us scooter fans got to do with your hang ups?

Are we allowed to like Soul and Ska.......and Scooters, even if we are only in our early 20s?

Is that OK with the Soul Police?

:rolleyes::unsure::lol::g:

Social source share

There you go.

its a white paper copy that got lost in a DETROIT chemical factory................Not long after, large weights of MDMA were precured from this record? The FBI are still wondering where Mr Ingrams cousin vanished to?

Anyway.....if its a artistic copy or a real rarity...................its bloody great!

VERY INTRESTING?

Edited by mossy
Social source share

if its a bit of nutty paper applied in the pressing plant, then even better!

Its a normal issue print on a strange background colour is it not?

If it is genuine then it is a quality one off! If it is a computer aided crack.........your a funny cun.t!

But it seems to be a 1 off at the mo?

But I am smelling a Pete Smith wind up at the Mo!

Edited by mossy
Social source share

I dont know John,i think print error maybe.........up to press a one off,probberly contracted some sort of Hep though being played at dodgy soul do`s.

post-1986-1193766848_thumb.jpg

PS if you want to offer me a big heap of money and a normal copy its yours :rolleyes:

I'd love to see it in the "flesh". I do find stuff like this, really fascinating.. If ever we meet, do try and bring "Luther" with you so's I can see it.

Like you say some sort of paper or print error or factory colouring fault in the original paper.. If that label was a British postage stamp it would be worth a fortune.

Thanks for your work presenting the scans..

Social source share

Hey Pete, don't you like Scooters? I can understand it if you prefer the instumental from Luther. (cause that was played first and you are old)....but Scooters? What have us scooter fans got to do with your hang ups?

Are we allowed to like Soul and Ska.......and Scooters, even if we are only in our early 20s?

Is that OK with the Soul Police?

:rolleyes::unsure::lol::g:

Nothing - Simsy started it. I just said that the vocal version became popular with scooterists in the first place and not on the Northern Soul scene, thats all.

Stop reading things that aren't actually there.

Social source share

if its a bit of nutty paper applied in the pressing plant, then even better!

Its a normal issue print on a strange background colour is it not?

If it is genuine then it is a quality one off! If it is a computer aided crack.........your a funny cun.t!

But it seems to be a 1 off at the mo?

But I am smelling a Pete Smith wind up at the Mo!

No wind up Mossy :huh:

I'd love to see it in the "flesh". I do find stuff like this, really fascinating.. If ever we meet, do try and bring "Luther" with you so's I can see it.

Like you say some sort of paper or print error or factory colouring fault in the original paper.. If that label was a British postage stamp it would be worth a fortune.

Will do John,its usualy in me play box hint hint soulsourcers :lol: Anyway them that wants a butchers i`ll be entertainin`the troops at the city club(see avents)Peterbro on nov`3rd..

Edited by ken
Social source share

Its the EXTREMELY rare Californian Tie-Dye :lol::(

wink.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert