Guest TonyCrampton

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest stash313

Yep Motown 25 and for all you Temptation buffs out there Ron Tyson's very first performance with the group.

He had only joined a week before and talk about being thrown in at the deep end.

Social source share

Hi Tony

Thanks for posting. thumbsup.gif

Does'nt this just this just bring a smile to your face and a tear you your eye!!!! thumbsup.gif

I've got this on video tape; seem to remember it was on TV as part of the Live Aid night (what year was that?) Not sure if that was the first time it was shown on British TV.

Two wonderful groups but TFTs are favourites of mine .

I could watch and listen to Levi Stubs all day every day!!!! :ohmy:

Nice on. :lol::wicked:

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Does'nt this just this just bring a smile to your face and a tear you your eye!!!! :cheese1:

I've got this on video tape; seem to remember it was on TV as part of the Live Aid night (what year was that?) Not sure if that was the first time it was shown on British TV.

Two wonderful groups but TFTs are favourites of mine .

I could watch and listen to Levi Stubs all day every day!!!! thumbup.gif

Nice on. wink.gif:ohmy:

KTF.

Drew.

Wasn't Live Aid Drew, it was a Whistle Test special that was about 12 hours long, called something very original like Rock Around The Clock, I've still got most of it on tape, the highlights (apart from the Motown 25) was the Damned 10th anniversary concert which was fantastic, and the film London 0 Hull 4 featuring the Housemartins.

Social source share

Wasn't Live Aid Drew, it was a Whistle Test special that was about 12 hours long, called something very original like Rock Around The Clock, I've still got most of it on tape, the highlights (apart from the Motown 25) was the Damned 10th anniversary concert which was fantastic, and the film London 0 Hull 4 featuring the Housemartins.

You are proberbly right Pete.

I have for years thought I had taped it as part of the Live Aid night.

Either way, bloody fantastic bit of the Motown 25yrs show.

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Watched this clip some months ago on Youtube.

Also liked it very much. Great to see those guys on stage together.

45cellar, how did you manage to insert an embedded clip - I tried in another thread, but failed, although I know (well, at least I thought I knew) how it is supposed to be done?!

Social source share

WOW!!!! Now that really did bring a lump to my throat & a tear to my eye, it also made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end & sent a tingle through my entire body, because that reminded me why I fell in love with soul music in the first place & why I'm still so passionate about it now. :wicked:

Temptations probably always had the edge for me, mainly because "Beauty's only skin deep" is in my top 5 & David Ruffin was magical. :lol:

Your Old Soulie,

Spot. shades.gif

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

not bad for footage and did ron tyson appear on any of the Temptations hits ie Treat Here Like a Lady etc. Wonder if anyone had whole of motown 25th anniversery they can post up. Nice to see Fours Tops doing the Biz

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!