New Dance?

ImberBoy

Stomper45 are you taking this thread seriously? The guy who wrote The Hokey-Cokey died last week. It was a terrible affair. When the mourners were gathered at the graveside, they discovered the coffin was too big. It became damaged as it was lowered in, a huge hole was ripped in the side and the body was half hanging out. Then the problems really began. First, they put his left leg in . . .

Social source share

• Replies 67
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest sasquatch

Stomper45 are you taking this thread seriously? The guy who wrote The Hokey-Cokey died last week. It was a terrible affair. When the mourners were gathered at the graveside, they discovered the coffin was too big. It became damaged as it was lowered in, a huge hole was ripped in the side and the body was half hanging out. Then the problems really began. First, they put his left leg in . . .

Some of that looks like this really lame french trend called Tecktonik, lots of bad euro mullets and cheesey fashion. Its like 90s irony rave culture or something.

Social source share

Some of that looks like this really lame french trend called Tecktonik, lots of bad euro mullets and cheesey fashion. Its like 90s irony rave culture or something.

Euro mullets what you on :lol: fashion tips from a Canadian :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest sasquatch

haha, long ago it used to be known as Hockey Hair, as it fits perfectly under a helmet :lol:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

...we saw a gaggle of shell-suited & hooded youths squaring up to each other. I commented on how awfully dressed these lads & lasses were. I know it sounds terrible, but the girls looked like cheap whores. I asked my sis' if that was the way british teenagers dressed in 2006 & she told me they were known as chavs. so what exactly is a chav?

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest mel brat

This is the "Chav Dance"; the music makes me want to become a Burmese Monk! I hate it so much to the point of unbearable!!!

Again, this is very similar to the old skinhead dance at the youthclub disco to such as Tami Lynn and the Chiffons "Sweet Talking Guy", only not as good.

See? - If you were older you'd have known that! :unsure:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

...we saw a gaggle of shell-suited & hooded youths squaring up to each other. I commented on how awfully dressed these lads & lasses were. I know it sounds terrible, but the girls looked like cheap whores. I asked my sis' if that was the way british teenagers dressed in 2006 & she told me they were known as chavs. so what exactly is a chav?

A 'Chav' is what we used to call a 'div'. Someone who blindly follows contemporary fashions for so-called "designer" sportswear and trainers and wears Burberry baseball caps/scarves with lots of gold jewelry ("bling") etc. "Pram faced" girls with scraped back hair, massive hoop earrings and the latest mobile phone. Victoria Beckham is supposed to be the Queen of chav. ie. she spends a fortune on clothes but has no real class. (refer the Beckham wedding!) Jodie Marsh ditto.

post-4950-1191388050_thumb.jpg

Football fans,actualy trendy ones too :unsure: i dont hate em`but the word Chav now that`s another story.Fukcin`chav dance..........its just dancin`whats up with ya`missery guts. laugh.gif

Social source share

There is some young guys who frequent my local boozers. In one of the pubs there is a state of the art jukebox, that you can download tunes on. Anyway one night during the rainy summer they come outside ,turn the jukebox on the speakers outside, and proceed to "jump". I was blown away.(id had a few scoops) Then I listened to the tune they were leaping to. I thought it was brilliant.( dont forget the scoops). I asked them what it was and they say. GO-TEENS." ROCKET BOTTLE"." Its a bit soulish with dance stuff "says one of them." We love it." Anyway its now in my head so much Ive got it on cd to play when im pissed and stoned. Give it a whizz and listen to it all the way thru. And they say the youths of today are bad. After all what were we like?!

PS. I cant post a sound file up but Im sure you guys can find it on itunes. My missus did.

Social source share

2 4 6 8 10................. They have fookin sampled Shirley Ellis' Soul Time!!!!!

I had to listen to this a couple of times to try to pick out what was niggling me and there is a fusion between different styles like the Dylan type harmonics and the Kid Creole stuff that fuses very well then I heard in the back ground Soul Time!

Social source share

Mossy I like it, makes a change from the usual gun toting gangster fakery, reminds me a little of Neneh cherry.

Have a look at these girls.............. Sponge bob dance.... i need to get out more!!

Si ..... nothing wrong there! They are both at least 16 ...... :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

This bought tears to my eyes! Music qual V bad

So that's where I'm going wrong - I can't do the splits anymore because I need some of those mental "heelie" trainers with the wheels in and some spongebob shorts!

Social source share

I agree with Si,

Its great to see youth expessing and enjoying themselves through dance....... :thumbup:

Having fun..............remember?

Nothing wrong...........life is a peach! :g:

And I am guessing Simons U Tube clips have made a few of us realise how old we are! :thumbsup:

Not me Chavvy :thumbup:

Social source share

A 'Chav' is what we used to call a 'div'. Someone who blindly follows contemporary fashions for so-called "designer" sportswear and trainers and wears Burberry baseball caps/scarves with lots of gold jewelry ("bling") etc. "Pram faced" girls with scraped back hair, massive hoop earrings and the latest mobile phone. Victoria Beckham is supposed to be the Queen of chav. ie. she spends a fortune on clothes but has no real class. (refer the Beckham wedding!) Jodie Marsh ditto.

post-4950-1191388050_thumb.jpg

Down in South London, late 80s early 90s.....the lads would address each other as "Chavi". It was like saying Ok Mate........"Alright Chavi"

If someone was "Chavi" they were OK......Thats how it was in Tooting and Mitcham anyway! Along with "Pikey" and "Dig the old Maltie on the kai!"................. HMP English! (A Malti is a single Woman and a Kai is the Bar buy the way bruv...I mean... Chavy!)

I moved away from South London towards the late 90s and never heard "Oi Chavvy!" for quite a few years, untill it became a catchphrase for bad social class fashion?

Memories! :thumbsup:

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert