A Statement From Karen Wigley

Rob Wigley

I dedicate this thread to all my friend of the northern scene in the eighties, you know who you are and a special thanks to all the people as a very young girl who looked after me (in no particular order) including

Lesley Singleton, Martin Brogan, Little Richard, Ged 0898, Stan and all Morecambe and Preston crew, Ian Clarke, Pete Lawson, Adrian Gyte, Chris Duncan, Kev Thomas, Sue and John Buck, Sue's Sister, Vince Ayres ( all of Company C S.C), Mark Emery (Big Bird), Kevin in Boston (USA), Dave (Cookies X) Miss Trapnell, Kevin in Canada, Ric, Tina and Forest Packs, Dennis (X Manifesto) and Polly, Sylvia and Ady, John Abbey, Dave Godin, Pete Wick ham (lov u Helen), Wolfgang, Mandy Hughes (great Bowden-please get in touch ) Debbie Samuels (Kibworth please get in touch )Donna Nobes, Tracy Chesterman, Tracy Cooper, Simon Green, Mark Everdon, little Barry Dave Evison, Sarah from Basingstoke, Brian Rae, Ian and Sheila Gentleman, Pete Widderson, Wazz, Paul, Blackwood crewe especial Marie, Chris French, Paul Temple, Pete Allen, Neil Allen, Steve Smith (big and small), Ian Clark and Dave Thorley, Andy Dyson, Catronia (Derby), Kim Taylor, Kim Parker and Adrian Hearn (keeping me dressed), Catronia Smith (inner circle), Chaz, John Kirk, Pauleen and Smuggie, John Manship, Terry Ryder ask Steve Smith , John Begley (pls get intouch re party), Mick Lions, Dave Appleby, Glynn Maycock, Happy , Micks family (son and daughter) plus Mick's x called Jan, Sue and Steve Hanbury, Tony Adams, Trudie , Mark and the Night Owl S.C.)Caroline, Gary Samways,Sean Chambers, Mad Mick, Bricky, Mark Sargent, Muff, Paul Dunn, Blakey, Chris Woods, Bev Foley, Graham from Cheltenham,gay & leon,Carl "clockwork orange" Fortnum,Nigel, Roger Banks, Jenny, Mark and Nena, Adrian Mattews, Sean Chapman, Vince Hill, Kevin Poole, Mick Greenwood, Lisa Dore, John Phillips, Rich Lisney, Nick and Becky Shine, The Manlove Bros., Johnny Wright, Chalky, Author Dudley, Mike Chapel,Ric Tams, Kevin Dorgan, Dave Shaw,The Dog's Bullocks, Bob Pilnick and Craig Deathick (my kidnappers), John and Barbara Kingham, Julie, Lesley Glenn and Judy, Judy and Ray, Gay and Glenn Knight, The Marriot Family, jimmy Wensiora, Dave kettle, Bob Burton, Malc Burton (the two of you), Dave from Leicester (all C.E.S.C.), Allen and Shane, Andy and Lesley Oxley, Kev Holmes and Big Martin (all Trackie club members), Alex Denim, Andrew ,Alison Taylor and Chris Taylor jnr, Sean Hampsey and Yvonne, Kevin and John, Judy O from Roth x, Jeff Lazenby,Souse and Wendy, Heath and Steve, Phil, Claud, Eric and the other one?, Debbie and Howard, Debbie Fletcher and Tom, Jarvis, Dean, Del and David, Sarah, Teff and Sharon, Little Ann from 100 club, Danny Everard, Gilly,lyn & lauren, Heather and Steve, Debs and Jeff Small, Denise Lions, John Alden, Marilyn Alden, Dave Lowe, Rob Wigley, Jayne Wigley, Sal Bell, Arthur Fenn, Elaine Fenn, Kim White, Barite and Elaine, Chris, Frank Sidebottom, Gary Walsh, Veronica Walsh, Adam, Robin Slater, Debbie Samuel (where are you pls get in touch) Robin, Anita and Effie,anita holland, Killer, Woody, Alan Patterson and all the shots crew, Kerb Darge and partners!( lov u), Jolly, Craig, Anita, David Buttle, Graham Williamson, Gary Smelt, Guy, Joan (jumping) and Ann, Paul Franklin, Richard Franklin, Phil Beckwith, Mark and Jacki Bicknell, Kim Maddox, Stuart Butcher, Tim Trapnell, Carl from Skipton, Kenny, Louise and Dave, Kevin and Claire Drage, Jo Brock, Chuddy, Dave and Kate, Carl Fortnum, Kim Taylor, Pete Shirley, Jonathan, Shelvo, Mick and Mark Godfrey, Pete Gent, Andy Cobb and the Norfolk crew, Jason Bassent and the Bristol lot, Kath from Gloucester, Andy Dyre, Gareth Smart, Andy Humphries, Sean, Little Sean and Jeff, Dawn from Swindon and the crew, Colin Law, Jock O'Connor, Dean Anderson, Ion, Pablo, miles, Julia and Kich, Elaine and Val, Cliff and Annette, Ian and Net Emery, Nick Spelman, Karen Johnson, Nige, John Hard, Guy, Vernon Price, Vince Hill, Chorlton & The Wheelies, Lynn and Pat Brady, Cormach, Tony Clark, The Middlesboro lot Mittzy, Funky Mick, Derek Pearson , Neil Rushton & your gorgeous mate-not, Ian Clarke, Dave Rastrick, Taff Speed, Edwin, Edwin Starr (saw 24 times in the Eighties) No 1 fan x, Mark Oliver, Mark George, Jill, Lobby, Machen Globe Trotter and all the west country and welsh soul crew Iggy , Saskia, Karen mills, sarah hitchens, Jason & Lyn Bessant ,& any of the old Bristol & Bath Crewe Kevin Holmes, Big Martin, Wickie, Jean (contact me) Derek and Sue Greenoff (all at Trackie Club), Rob, Richard and karen Cairnes (Shirebrook-center of the world) Barbara and John Kingham, Julie, Glenn, Judy, Glenn and Gaynor, Will, Jacki, Michelle and Paul, Jacki and Peter Iberson, Pete and Janet Ward, Dave Kettle, Gary and Julie Rushbrook, Pope, Richie Broughton, Chris King, Kevin and Liz Thompson ,Pete and Helen Durden (lov Terrell), Bob Steer and Martin Holmes (sorry if I have missed anyone (from the bottom of my heart x), have got a photographic memory but do not want to sound like a train spotter!!! Ha ha!!!

Who did those " I WAS THERE" patches" ? X( Got over 75 membership cards, plus boxes of stuff I collected over the Eighties etc). Just put all my badges in with Lesley, Rob shouted at me said worth lots of money, who give a f---- about money, Friendship is the world. Very Special thanks to John Anderson for all the soul bowl packs we got in the West and Wales(xxxxxx).

Also I like to give YATE a special mention as it had and still has a big impact on this scene. After YATE had closed the scene in the west died a death, so the rest of this thread is for you ? Dave Thorley. This is a typed copy of a original West Wilts Soul Scene new letter sent out to all member. There was not that many of us including myself but we try hard to keep the west country soul scene alive. I hope this gives a snap shop of the scene in the eighties what it was really like. Anyone mentioned on this post or who shows me there membership card can have a copy of the original. Otherwise this is all you are getting.

WEST WILTS SOUL SCENE HISTORY.

November 1982

Club founded by Michael Snow, Adrian Matthews, Sean and Pauline Chapman, Kevin Poole, Mick Greenwood, Lisa Dore, John Phillips and Rich Lisney due to the lack of soul in the area ( Yate had closed)

December 1982

First Soul night at Court Mills Youth Centre, Trowbridge. Good idea at the time but no bar and awful venue led to small turnout. The soul nights here continued until May 1983.

June 1983

After a break we carried on with a soul night at Hilperton Village Hall which was a success even though the Trowbridge Police Force (Sergeant Nutland) thwarted our application for a bar. There was a little trouble from the usual crowd.

December 1983

After a six-month gap a coach trip to the Bristol All-Nighter was organised. Numbers didn't come forward and the Club lost £27.00. But thanks to the usual crowd who made the effort (WHERE WERE THE Northern Soul Patch Brigade who never go anywhere but Melksham?)

February 1984

Eventually another Soul Night was organised as Sean and Pauline (two founder members) were going away to Belgium for three years (look out for details of the first Belgium All-Nighters1) This night was a great success and has given us a good start for 1984.

More and more people are showing an interest in Northern Soul and we are glad to see the number on the dance floor increasing. Thanks to everyone who has supported us and we hope to have more regular nights at Bath Sports Centre if possible.

Northern Sounds Available On Re-release.

We recommend ordering from Knees of Trowbridge as they are very helpful.

Frank Wilson Do I Love you (indeed I do) Label - Motown

Edwin Starr Agent 00 Soul "

S.O.S.

Reflections Just Like Romeo & Juliet

Marvin Gay/Kim Weston It takes two

Elgins Heaven Must Have Sent You

Earl Van Dyke Six By Six

Lou Ragland I travel Alone

J.J.Barnes Sweet Sherry Inferno

Dobie Gray Out On The Floor

Ramsey Lewis Wade in the Water Chess

Major Harris All My Life London

Albums

Floor Shakers (various artists) and all other Kent albums are excellent.

WEST WILTS SOUL SCENE TOP TEN

Eddie Bishop Call Me Floorshakers

Earl Jackson Soul Self Satisfaction

Gregg Perry It takes Heart A-Wave

Bernie Williams Ever Again Eddie

James Lewis That's The Way All Night Long

Jan Jones Independent Woman

Otis Clay The Only Way is Up Echo

Cheryl Berdell Giving It All to You E.M.T.

Frank Wilson Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) Motown

RECCOMENDED RECORD LISTS

Soul Bowl, Vinyl Mania and Pat Brady

Special Thanks to all the people who attended any of our do's xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Dave Thorley, I The Treasure and Accountant to West Wilts Soul Club, Karen McHugh, there is a small matter of outstanding membership subs and I feel duty bound to try to collect them on behalf of our Club. Membership.

Fees were approximately 1.00 per month. So accordingly to my calculations ( plus outstanding credit interest) . You owe me £386.40 (as you never left W.W.S.S.). This can be paid in full by yourself before 10th November 2007 by cheque or your debt can be wiped off if you DJ for me, playing all out and out YATE Classics on my birthday party !

Otherwise I will have to send the heavies around especially Rob Wigley and all people mentioned in the tread. :thumbsup:

This is only my third ever posting on Soul-Source and sorry to say will be my last.

Love you and leave you all,

Enjoy

Karen Wigley (McHUGH) XXXX (Lesley Singleton R.I.P. respect)

P.S. Ady, you still owe me a copy of the Anniversary Record "Never stop loving you" Worth X so you need to come and clear your debt at my 40th.

P.P.S. Sue and John Buck ummmmmm think I owe you both money, please try and make it. John promise not to call you Dad again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (call Rob and me) XXXXXXXXXXX (will make agreement for your baby and Hotel (dog before any rumours start)). Pay for your Hotel if you will DJ for me and play all RSG out and out records. (understand if you cant love you both)

P.P.P.S. Just put in Lesley's coffin 99% of scene photo's of us and others, friends etc. So if anyone has any of me I would be eternally gratefully for copies . XXXXX

Wales and the West Forever xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dave Thorley, I The Treasure and Accountant to West Wilts Soul Club, Karen McHugh, there is a small matter of outstanding membership subs and I feel duty bound to try to collect them on behalf of our Club. Membership.

Fees were approximately 1.00 per month. So accordingly to my calculations ( plus outstanding credit interest) . You owe me £386.40 (as you never left W.W.S.S.). This can be paid in full by yourself before 10th November 2007 by cheque or your debt can be wiped off if you DJ for me, playing all out and out YATE Classics on my birthday party !

Otherwise I will have to send the heavies around especially Rob Wigley and all people mentioned in the tread. :lol:

All my Yate records already sorted for the Re-Union on the 1st Dec, so will bring them along with me, debt will be paid in full, see you on 10th :lol:

Social source share

I dedicate this thread to all my friend of the northern scene in the eighties, you know who you are and a special thanks to all the people as a very young girl who looked after me (in no particular order) including

Lesley Singleton, Martin Brogan, Little Richard, Ged 0898, Stan and all Morecambe and Preston crew, Ian Clarke, Pete Lawson, Adrian Gyte, Chris Duncan, Kev Thomas, Sue and John Buck, Sue's Sister, Vince Ayres ( all of Company C S.C), Mark Emery (Big Bird), Kevin in Boston (USA), Dave (Cookies X) Miss Trapnell, Kevin in Canada, Ric, Tina and Forest Packs, Dennis (X Manifesto) and Polly, Sylvia and Ady, John Abbey, Dave Godin, Pete Wick ham (lov u Helen), Wolfgang, Mandy Hughes (great Bowden-please get in touch ) Debbie Samuels (Kibworth please get in touch )Donna Nobes, Tracy Chesterman, Tracy Cooper, Simon Green, Mark Everdon, little Barry Dave Evison, Sarah from Basingstoke, Brian Rae, Ian and Sheila Gentleman, Pete Widderson, Wazz, Paul, Blackwood crewe especial Marie, Chris French, Paul Temple, Pete Allen, Neil Allen, Steve Smith (big and small), Ian Clark and Dave Thorley, Andy Dyson, Catronia (Derby), Kim Taylor, Kim Parker and Adrian Hearn (keeping me dressed), Catronia Smith (inner circle), Chaz, John Kirk, Pauleen and Smuggie, John Manship, Terry Ryder ask Steve Smith , John Begley (pls get intouch re party), Mick Lions, Dave Appleby, Glynn Maycock, Happy , Micks family (son and daughter) plus Mick's x called Jan, Sue and Steve Hanbury, Tony Adams, Trudie , Mark and the Night Owl S.C.)Caroline, Gary Samways,Sean Chambers, Mad Mick, Bricky, Mark Sargent, Muff, Paul Dunn, Blakey, Chris Woods, Bev Foley, Graham from Cheltenham, Roger Banks, Jenny, Mark and Nena, Adrian Mattews, Sean Chapman, Vince Hill, Kevin Poole, Mick Greenwood, Lisa Dore, John Phillips, Rich Lisney, Nick and Becky Shine, The Manlove Bros., Johnny Wright, Chalky, Author Dudley, Mike Chapel,Ric Tams, Kevin Dorgan, Dave Shaw,The Dog's Bullocks, Bob Pilnick and Craig Deathick (my kidnappers), John and Barbara Kingham, Julie, Lesley Glenn and Judy, Judy and Ray, Gay and Glenn Knight, The Marriot Family, jimmy Wensiora, Dave kettle, Bob Burton, Malc Burton (the two of you), Dave from Leicester (all C.E.S.C.), Allen and Shane, Andy and Lesley Oxley, Kev Holmes and Big Martin (all Trackie club members), Alex Denim, Andrew ,Alison Taylor and Chris Taylor jnr, Sean Hampsey and Yvonne, Kevin and John, Judy O from Roth x, Jeff Lazenby,Souse and Wendy, Heath and Steve, Phil, Claud, Eric and the other one?, Debbie and Howard, Debbie Fletcher and Tom, Jarvis, Dean, Del and David, Sarah, Teff and Sharon, Little Ann from 100 club, Danny Everard, Gilly, Heather and Steve, Debs and Jeff Small, Denise Lions, John Alden, Marilyn Alden, Dave Lowe, Rob Wigley, Jayne Wigley, Sal Bell, Arthur Fenn, Elaine Fenn, Kim White, Barite and Elaine, Chris, Frank Sidebottom, Gary Walsh, Veronica Walsh, Adam, Robin Slater, Debbie Samuel (where are you pls get in touch) Robin, Anita and Effie, Killer, Woody, Alan Patterson and all the shots crew, Kerb Darge and partners!( lov u), Jolly, Craig, Anita, David Buttle, Graham Williamson, Gary Smelt, Guy, Joan (jumping) and Ann, Paul Franklin, Richard Franklin, Phil Beckwith, Mark and Jacki Bicknell, Kim Maddox, Stuart Butcher, Tim Trapnell, Carl from Skipton, Kenny, Louise and Dave, Kevin and Claire Drage, Jo Brock, Chuddy, Dave and Kate, Carl Fortnum, Kim Taylor, Pete Shirley, Jonathan, Shelvo, Mick and Mark Godfrey, Pete Gent, Andy Cobb and the Norfolk crew, Jason Bassent and the Bristol lot, Kath from Gloucester, Andy Dyre, Gareth Smart, Andy Humphries, Sean, Little Sean and Jeff, Dawn from Swindon and the crew, Colin Law, Jock O'Connor, Dean Anderson, Ion, Pablo, miles, Julia and Kich, Elaine and Val, Cliff and Annette, Ian and Net Emery, Nick Spelman, Karen Johnson, Nige, John Hard, Guy, Vernon Price, Vince Hill, Chorlton & The Wheelies, Lynn and Pat Brady, Cormach, Tony Clark, The Middlesboro lot Mittzy, Funky Mick, Derek Pearson , Neil Rushton & your gorgeous mate-not, Ian Clarke, Dave Rastrick, Taff Speed, Edwin, Edwin Starr (saw 24 times in the Eighties) No 1 fan x, Mark Oliver, Mark George, Jill, Lobby, Machen Globe Trotter and all the west country and welsh soul crew Iggy , Saskia, Karen mills, sarah hitchens, Jason & Lyn Bessant ,& any of the old Bristol & Bath Crewe Kevin Holmes, Big Martin, Wickie, Jean (contact me) Derek and Sue Greenoff (all at Trackie Club), Rob, Richard and karen Cairnes (Shirebrook-center of the world) Barbara and John Kingham, Julie, Glenn, Judy, Glenn and Gaynor, Will, Jacki, Michelle and Paul, Jacki and Peter Iberson, Pete and Janet Ward, Dave Kettle, Gary and Julie Rushbrook, Pope, Richie Broughton, Chris King, Kevin and Liz Thompson ,Pete and Helen Durden (lov Terrell), Bob Steer and Martin Holmes (sorry if I have missed anyone (from the bottom of my heart x), have got a photographic memory but do not want to sound like a train spotter!!! Ha ha!!!

Who did those " I WAS THERE" patches" ? X( Got over 75 membership cards, plus boxes of stuff I collected over the Eighties etc). Just put all my badges in with Lesley, Rob shouted at me said worth lots of money, who give a f---- about money, Friendship is the world. Very Special thanks to John Anderson for all the soul bowl packs we got in the West and Wales(xxxxxx).

Also I like to give YATE a special mention as it had and still has a big impact on this scene. After YATE had closed the scene in the west died a death, so the rest of this thread is for you ? Dave Thorley. This is a typed copy of a original West Wilts Soul Scene new letter sent out to all member. There was not that many of us including myself but we try hard to keep the west country soul scene alive. I hope this gives a snap shop of the scene in the eighties what it was really like. Anyone mentioned on this post or who shows me there membership card can have a copy of the original. Otherwise this is all you are getting.

November 1982

Club founded by Michael Snow, Adrian Matthews, Sean and Pauline Chapman, Kevin Poole, Mick Greenwood, Lisa Dore, John Phillips and Rich Lisney due to the lack of soul in the area ( Yate had closed)

December 1982

First Soul night at Court Mills Youth Centre, Trowbridge. Good idea at the time but no bar and awful venue led to small turnout. The soul nights here continued until May 1983.

June 1983

After a break we carried on with a soul night at Hilperton Village Hall which was a success even though the Trowbridge Police Force (Sergeant Nutland) thwarted our application for a bar. There was a little trouble from the usual crowd.

December 1983

After a six-month gap a coach trip to the Bristol All-Nighter was organised. Numbers didn't come forward and the Club lost £27.00. But thanks to the usual crowd who made the effort (WHERE WERE THE Northern Soul Patch Brigade who never go anywhere but Melksham?)

February 1984

Eventually another Soul Night was organised as Sean and Pauline (two founder members) were going away to Belgium for three years (look out for details of the first Belgium All-Nighters1) This night was a great success and has given us a good start for 1984.

More and more people are showing an interest in Northern Soul and we are glad to see the number on the dance floor increasing. Thanks to everyone who has supported us and we hope to have more regular nights at Bath Sports Centre if possible.

S.O.S.

Earl Van Dyke Six By Six

Albums

RECCOMENDED RECORD LISTS

Otherwise I will have to send the heavies around especially Rob Wigley and all people mentioned in the tread. :lol:

This is only my third ever posting on Soul-Source and sorry to say will be my last.

Enjoy

P.S. Ady, you still owe me a copy of the Anniversary Record "Never stop loving you" Worth X so you need to come and clear your debt at my 40th.

P.P.S. Sue and John Buck ummmmmm think I owe you both money, please try and make it. John promise not to call you Dad again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (call Rob and me) XXXXXXXXXXX (will make agreement for your baby and Hotel (dog before any rumours start)). Pay for your Hotel if you will DJ for me and play all RSG out and out records. (understand if you cant love you both)

P.P.P.S. Just put in Lesley's coffin 99% of scene photo's of us and others, friends etc. So if anyone has any of me I would be eternally gratefully for copies . XXXXX

crikey Karen that's some Christmas card list!!!.Best start writing 'em out now!!.See you on the 10th,,KEV. :lol:

Social source share

LilKev has hired Frank for A stag do next weekend :lol:

Yeah, we`re thinking of booking him for our soul night at Barrow Hill sometime-should be a good laugh-he`s from Lancashire (not Manchuria like Big Kenny said (don`t think he`s from the China area anyway :lol: ) -so he should know summat about Northern Soul..The booking order form is HERE

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Frank Sidebottom hails from Timperely.

He is still on the Manchester tv station here.

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

christ karen i aint heard me maiden name in years :wave: .....and did you really have to remind me about past mistakes :wave: ........

the 80's (sigh) those were the days when we were young....well you were very young karen lol....still remember that wedgie haircut you used to sport at stafford.....

fond memories chick

cookie :wave:

Social source share

Lesley Singleton, Martin Brogan, Little Richard, Ged 0898, Stan and all Morecambe and Preston crew, Ian Clarke, Pete Lawson, Adrian Gyte, Chris Duncan, Kev Thomas, Sue and John Buck, Sue's Sister, Vince Ayres ( all of Company C S.C), Mark Emery (Big Bird), Kevin in Boston (USA), Dave (Cookies X) Miss Trapnell, Kevin in Canada, Ric, Tina and Forest Packs, Dennis (X Manifesto) and Polly, Sylvia and Ady, John Abbey, Dave Godin, Pete Wick ham (lov u Helen), Wolfgang, Mandy Hughes (great Bowden-please get in touch ) Debbie Samuels (Kibworth please get in touch )Donna Nobes, Tracy Chesterman, Tracy Cooper, Simon Green, Mark Everdon, little Barry Dave Evison, Sarah from Basingstoke, Brian Rae, Ian and Sheila Gentleman, Pete Widderson, Wazz, Paul, Blackwood crewe especial Marie, Chris French, Paul Temple, Pete Allen, Neil Allen, Steve Smith (big and small), Ian Clark and Dave Thorley, Andy Dyson, Catronia (Derby), Kim Taylor, Kim Parker and Adrian Hearn (keeping me dressed), Catronia Smith (inner circle), Chaz, John Kirk, Pauleen and Smuggie, John Manship, Terry Ryder ask Steve Smith , John Begley (pls get intouch re party), Mick Lions, Dave Appleby, Glynn Maycock, Happy , Micks family (son and daughter) plus Mick's x called Jan, Sue and Steve Hanbury, Tony Adams, Trudie , Mark and the Night Owl S.C.)Caroline, Gary Samways,Sean Chambers, Mad Mick, Bricky, Mark Sargent, Muff, Paul Dunn, Blakey, Chris Woods, Bev Foley, Graham from Cheltenham, Roger Banks, Jenny, Mark and Nena, Adrian Mattews, Sean Chapman, Vince Hill, Kevin Poole, Mick Greenwood, Lisa Dore, John Phillips, Rich Lisney, Nick and Becky Shine, The Manlove Bros., Johnny Wright, Chalky, Author Dudley, Mike Chapel,Ric Tams, Kevin Dorgan, Dave Shaw,The Dog's Bullocks, Bob Pilnick and Craig Deathick (my kidnappers), John and Barbara Kingham, Julie, Lesley Glenn and Judy, Judy and Ray, Gay and Glenn Knight, The Marriot Family, jimmy Wensiora, Dave kettle, Bob Burton, Malc Burton (the two of you), Dave from Leicester (all C.E.S.C.), Allen and Shane, Andy and Lesley Oxley, Kev Holmes and Big Martin (all Trackie club members), Alex Denim, Andrew ,Alison Taylor and Chris Taylor jnr, Sean Hampsey and Yvonne, Kevin and John, Judy O from Roth x, Jeff Lazenby,Souse and Wendy, Heath and Steve, Phil, Claud, Eric and the other one?, Debbie and Howard, Debbie Fletcher and Tom, Jarvis, Dean, Del and David, Sarah, Teff and Sharon, Little Ann from 100 club, Danny Everard, Gilly, Heather and Steve, Debs and Jeff Small, Denise Lions, John Alden, Marilyn Alden, Dave Lowe, Rob Wigley, Jayne Wigley, Sal Bell, Arthur Fenn, Elaine Fenn, Kim White, Barite and Elaine, Chris, Frank Sidebottom, Gary Walsh, Veronica Walsh, Adam, Robin Slater, Debbie Samuel (where are you pls get in touch) Robin, Anita and Effie, Killer, Woody, Alan Patterson and all the shots crew, Kerb Darge and partners!( lov u), Jolly, Craig, Anita, David Buttle, Graham Williamson, Gary Smelt, Guy, Joan (jumping) and Ann, Paul Franklin, Richard Franklin, Phil Beckwith, Mark and Jacki Bicknell, Kim Maddox, Stuart Butcher, Tim Trapnell, Carl from Skipton, Kenny, Louise and Dave, Kevin and Claire Drage, Jo Brock, Chuddy, Dave and Kate, Carl Fortnum, Kim Taylor, Pete Shirley, Jonathan, Shelvo, Mick and Mark Godfrey, Pete Gent, Andy Cobb and the Norfolk crew, Jason Bassent and the Bristol lot, Kath from Gloucester, Andy Dyre, Gareth Smart, Andy Humphries, Sean, Little Sean and Jeff, Dawn from Swindon and the crew, Colin Law, Jock O'Connor, Dean Anderson, Ion, Pablo, miles, Julia and Kich, Elaine and Val, Cliff and Annette, Ian and Net Emery, Nick Spelman, Karen Johnson, Nige, John Hard, Guy, Vernon Price, Vince Hill, Chorlton & The Wheelies, Lynn and Pat Brady, Cormach, Tony Clark, The Middlesboro lot Mittzy, Funky Mick, Derek Pearson , Neil Rushton & your gorgeous mate-not, Ian Clarke, Dave Rastrick, Taff Speed, Edwin, Edwin Starr (saw 24 times in the Eighties) No 1 fan x, Mark Oliver, Mark George, Jill, Lobby, Machen Globe Trotter and all the west country and welsh soul crew Iggy , Saskia, Karen mills, sarah hitchens, Jason & Lyn Bessant ,& any of the old Bristol & Bath Crewe Kevin Holmes, Big Martin, Wickie, Jean (contact me) Derek and Sue Greenoff (all at Trackie Club), Rob, Richard and karen Cairnes (Shirebrook-center of the world) Barbara and John Kingham, Julie, Glenn, Judy, Glenn and Gaynor, Will, Jacki, Michelle and Paul, Jacki and Peter Iberson, Pete and Janet Ward, Dave Kettle, Gary and Julie Rushbrook, Pope, Richie Broughton, Chris King, Kevin and Liz Thompson ,Pete and Helen Durden (lov Terrell), Bob Steer and Martin Holmes (sorry if I have missed anyone (from the bottom of my heart x), have got a photographic memory but do not want to sound like a train spotter!!! Ha ha!!!

November 1982

December 1982

June 1983

December 1983

February 1984

S.O.S.

Earl Van Dyke Six By Six

Albums

RECCOMENDED RECORD LISTS

Otherwise I will have to send the heavies around especially Rob Wigley and all people mentioned in the tread. :ohmy:

Enjoy

Social source share

Hi Karen, thanks for remembering. I first chatted to you at the Chesterfield niter not a clue wot year. Its good to look back even tho it gets a bit deep in a Lamont Dozier sort of way (Gaz Holiman will know what I mean, choice verbals in the Mohair suit Lounge!!)

A good friend once said this to me, and its true being a workin class lad looking to get out of the rut at the weekends

"we are all in the gutter but some of us looked up and saw the stars!"

Certainly true of Soul people we hit the high numbers and lived.

If you can count your friends on both hands you are a rich person..... lookin at your list you just won the bloody euro.

Peace, love life and hunk of soul Kimboxx

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Hey Kimbo. Great to see you on here.

Karen, thanks for the jogging of my memory.

Mike Snow. Whatever happened to him? He and Adrian (Matt the face) Mathews were inseperable at one time.

Social source share

Hey Kimbo. Great to see you on here.

Karen, thanks for the jogging of my memory.

Mike Snow. Whatever happened to him? He and Adrian (Matt the face) Mathews were inseperable at one time.

Mike Snow is living very successfully in the USA

Matt & karen are out and about regularly in the South West (hope he will be up on the 10th) but the Mighty Bristol City are playing really well after their promotion last year and he is currently "snitten" with them ! :unsure: Matt is also known as "Adrian Mole aged 13 and 3/4 :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I have no idea who he is at the mo. Comon Mikey how do you know me?? surly not more than 1 kimbo.

I assume you are the one and only Kimbo, apart from the girl Kimbo I introduced you to at Wellingboro. :huh:

I'm Mark's brother. Used to live in London, and met you first at Lenny and Nina's wedding.

I used to let you bend my shell like for ages about the top modern tunes doing the rounds.

Hi Karen.

Matt and (his) Karen have parted ways unfortunately. Well nobody could compete with the cider reds now could they.

Social source share

I assume you are the one and only Kimbo, apart from the girl Kimbo I introduced you to at Wellingboro. :thumbsup:

I'm Mark's brother. Used to live in London, and met you first at Lenny and Nina's wedding.

I used to let you bend my shell like for ages about the top modern tunes doing the rounds.

Hi Karen.

Matt and (his) Karen have parted ways unfortunately. Well nobody could compete with the cider reds now could they.

hi mikey

its the way i wrote it, i ment my karen had seen matt out and about, Sean Chapman

see's him alot and told us about the football. although we did see matt at Becky Shins 40th in Bath in May and they were heading for the play-offs i think.

Rob

Social source share

I assume you are the one and only Kimbo, apart from the girl Kimbo I introduced you to at Wellingboro. biggrin.gif

Hi Karen.

Social source share

I assume you are the one and only Kimbo, apart from the girl Kimbo I introduced you to at Wellingboro. biggrin.gif

Hi Karen.

Social source share

Hi cocked up some how replying must be all those late nights. Yep I remember you Intown soulster! you are the bro of Stafford Mark.... Lens stag do a good nite shared a curry with ya in Brick Lane how many soulies in that toilet cubicle in the curry house what was that about gibber gibber...all I know I was about the fourth to exit and the waiter was standing there. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BENDING YOUR EAR! you mean I was talkin S***e.

Take care Mate.

Social source share

Hi cocked up some how replying must be all those late nights. Yep I remember you Intown soulster! you are the bro of Stafford Mark.... Lens stag do a good nite shared a curry with ya in Brick Lane how many soulies in that toilet cubicle in the curry house what was that about gibber gibber...all I know I was about the fourth to exit and the waiter was standing there. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BENDING YOUR EAR! you mean I was talkin S***e.

Take care Mate.

you'll get the hang of it soon enough Kimbo. Hope Lisa and your good self keeping well. Hope to see you soon.

Social source share

you'll get the hang of it soon enough Kimbo. Hope Lisa and your good self keeping well. Hope to see you soon.

Hello mate nice to hear from ya. Always see your name around glad your enjoyin things. Yep hope to see you soon. I seem to be going soul do's on my own a lot (lisa into flat eric stuff) so only so far i can travell (in the morning on my own on the motorway not good) found myself in a queue for a carboot sale not so long back at 6 in the morning.

Lookin at Karens 1980's list where did we meet? it was a hell of a long time back.

Where are you off over the next few weeks.

Laters mate K,

Social source share

Hello mate nice to hear from ya. Always see your name around glad your enjoyin things. Yep hope to see you soon. I seem to be going soul do's on my own a lot (lisa into flat eric stuff) so only so far i can travell (in the morning on my own on the motorway not good) found myself in a queue for a carboot sale not so long back at 6 in the morning.

Lookin at Karens 1980's list where did we meet? it was a hell of a long time back.

Where are you off over the next few weeks.

Laters mate K,

I reckon it was in Rushden, Castaways where we met although we'd been in same venues prior to that of course but we didn't know each other really before then. I stopped at Gary and Floyds that night. Next few weeks, Lowton, Skeggy at end of month, Burnley later in month, doubt I'll make it there tonight. Quite a busy few weeks to be honest.

See you soon hopefully mate!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert