Sam & Dave This Will Be Massive

Pat Wallace

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Played lots in mod clubs. Remember hearing it at Shotgun a lot. Great record.....is it on the UK King (pale blue with the lettering in dark crowns) or the US King that had a UK counterpart? ie. Mary Love? As I thought the two labels were actually different?

UK King label: https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=2550076213

UK issue mary love: https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php...nr=250037779589

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

A mate recomended I dig out Sam & Dave You Ain't No Big Thing on Roulette. Got my copy out of the warn,could,go ,box and WOW!

This is one for the next New Centuary Allnighter where I am double deckin with me mate Shaun Barrett. Anyone playing it? SOOO good, What do you think.

Pat

Hammered on the London mod scene at some time in the late eighties if I remember rightly? Not bad as a lesser played RnB style track I guess. The copies on king were really easy to get. Was this a case of them having some tracks in the can and the label releasing it in the UK post them having some hits?

Social source share

have to say, doesn't do it for me as a northern record at all

don't like the way they have recreated that 'pressed badly off center' sound for a start :huh:

nice for the car though :)

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Played lots in mod clubs. Remember hearing it at Shotgun a lot. Great record.....is it on the UK King (pale blue with the lettering in dark crowns) or the US King that had a UK counterpart? ie. Mary Love? As I thought the two labels were actually different?

UK King label: https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=2550076213

UK issue mary love: https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php...nr=250037779589

Can't open these but thnik mine is black and silver?

Social source share

A mate recomended I dig out Sam & Dave You Ain't No Big Thing on Roulette. Got my copy out of the warn,could,go ,box and WOW!

This is one for the next New Centuary Allnighter where I am double deckin with me mate Shaun Barrett. Anyone playing it? SOOO good, What do you think.

Pat

As Stu has said, has been well hammered & standard fair at best, i'd be at best unmoved if i heard this at an NS do, there's hundreds of better NS records to play.

Simon

Social source share

Pat

the king release is a better mix than the roulette copy imo.

the roulette has a bit more backing vocals if i remember right.

rupert

Social source share

the king release is a better mix than the roulette copy imo.

the roulette has a bit more backing vocals if i remember right.

rupert

Personally I prefer the Roulette mix. Have had it on white demo and have a multi coloured issue but also seen on a redish colour issue.

The UK King LP was also reissued on Major Minor

Social source share

Got hammered to death in the R&B rooms a couple of years ago...

Keep plugging away though, cos i've got a couple of spares kicking about.

So has the thread starter methinks :lol:

The LP also had a US release on Roulette & the version on there is the one without the extra backing vocals by the way.

Nice enough tune but think the title probably speaks for the record ?

Social source share

Guest anthony

Got hammered to death in the R&B rooms a couple of years ago...

Keep plugging away though, cos i've got a couple of spares kicking about.

hi

have you copy for sale ?

pm me if have :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert