David Ruffin - My Whole World Ended Motown 45 M 1140

Britmusicsoulfan

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning on listing some great northern soul/soul 45s for everyone to look at, but I thought I'd get started with this one below.

Please let me know if you're interested in this 45.

Motown M 1140 in original "The Sound of Young America" sleeve

David Ruffin

My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me) w/I've Got To Find Myself A Brand New Baby

This 45 is in EX- condition. I see two incredibly faint, light marks that won't affect play.

Thanks, everyone!

BritishMusicSoulFan

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hey cut the guy some slack!! OK he hasn't got a clue but we all have to start somewhere. There's a 45 on OFFER on this site now that's got to be the most common Northern 60's 45 in existence, and that seller hasn't come in for as much stick; well,apart from myself anyway.

On reflection reading this thread I may have been unfair on him as I don't suppose he spent most of the 90's wading through thousands of 45s in the USA like I was fortunate enough to do.

So Britmusicfan,don't be put off. You find something nice and everyone will want to be your friend.

Godzilla,you're grounded. Straight to bed and no supper!!

ROD

Social source share

Hey cut the guy some slack!! OK he hasn't got a clue but we all have to start somewhere. There's a 45 on OFFER on this site now that's got to be the most common Northern 60's 45 in existence, and that seller hasn't come in for as much stick; well,apart from myself anyway.

On reflection reading this thread I may have been unfair on him as I don't suppose he spent most of the 90's wading through thousands of 45s in the USA like I was fortunate enough to do.

So Britmusicfan,don't be put off. You find something nice and everyone will want to be your friend.

Godzilla,you're grounded. Straight to bed and no supper!!

ROD

Sorry dad.

I try not to be cynical, but I've met so many people on this "scene" whose entire set of values seems to be based around "getting one over on somebody", that I let it dictate my reaction. If that's not the case and BSMF is genuinely unaware that this is essentially a ten bob tune, rather than a major rarity or lesser-known item of uncertain value, then I hold out the claw of friendship and offer an unqualified apology.

Can I play out now?

Godz

Social source share

Hello All,

First, let me start by saying I'm not entirely new to northern soul/soul, but my interest in it has grown in a dramatic way this year. I was a casual fan and appreciator of northern soul/soul, but I started listening to more of it this year than I have in the past (my big love of music has been primarily 80s-present British indie).

I really didn't think that this single was going to be big-dollar item. Most Motown 45s seem to (correct me if I'm wrong, please) generally fall into the 3 Pound (sorry, I have a Mac and haven't found the Pound sign) range for stock 45s and 5 Pounds for promos, with obvious exceptions.

There is a lot to learn about soul, and I'm getting there, but it's going to take some time, as there is so much to soak in, hence my interest in signing up with Soul Source. I've had a lot of helpful advice given to me, and I hope that I can provide some in return.

Thanks, All!

Social source share

Hello All,

First, let me start by saying I'm not entirely new to northern soul/soul, but my interest in it has grown in a dramatic way this year. I was a casual fan and appreciator of northern soul/soul, but I started listening to more of it this year than I have in the past (my big love of music has been primarily 80s-present British indie).

I really didn't think that this single was going to be big-dollar item. Most Motown 45s seem to (correct me if I'm wrong, please) generally fall into the 3 Pound (sorry, I have a Mac and haven't found the Pound sign) range for stock 45s and 5 Pounds for promos, with obvious exceptions.

There is a lot to learn about soul, and I'm getting there, but it's going to take some time, as there is so much to soak in, hence my interest in signing up with Soul Source. I've had a lot of helpful advice given to me, and I hope that I can provide some in return.

Thanks, All!

Welcome to Soul Source, Mate.

Social source share

Hello All,

Thanks, All!

[

HEAR HEAR !

Social source share

Hello All,

Thanks, All!

Hi there,

Wow you must be floored by all that talk. Take no notice.

Get amongst 'em!

Pauline

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert