Has Anyone Seen Paul Weller Or Marc Almond At A Soul Event?

Guest vintagevideos

Eddie Piller's in that video isn't he? Looks like a scout hut, loads of mod types dancing? it was originally done by the Jam but the Style Council released it later-great record and you can definitely hear the Northern Soul influence.
my mate Nij from Chester ,d js for him at some of his shows,tells me (weller) hes very into 60s soul

and jamacan ska

both mates with Keb and weller,has pictures of all of them together

got free ticket for weller do in wolvo,backstage pass to talk with him

but he buggered off to pub,before i could collar him

what about steve davis--massive modern./deep soul fan

and lad who used to play for barnsley/sheff wed----forget his name,big hefty centre forward

Social source share

• Replies 53
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Shane Mcgowan used to regularly turn up at the 100 club in the 80s..

Ady didnt always let him in though.

Especially the night he turned up with sick all down his front.

Think he was there for a late drink really....

Shane even did the cloakroom at the 100 Club when I first started going (81-82). He used to work in Rocks Off Records in Hanway Street pre-Pogues and put me onto quite a bit of decent Rare Soul, so I think he was probably there for the music as well as the drink.

Edited by sweeney
Social source share

my mate Nij from Chester ,d js for him at some of his shows,tells me (weller) hes very into 60s soul

and jamacan ska

both mates with Keb and weller,has pictures of all of them together

got free ticket for weller do in wolvo,backstage pass to talk with him

but he buggered off to pub,before i could collar him

what about steve davis--massive modern./deep soul fan

and lad who used to play for barnsley/sheff wed----forget his name,big hefty centre forward

I met steve Davies in a Sheffield record shop during the World Championships in the Eighties. He bought so many records he had a guy with him called "Botley" to carry them all. He didn't say much to anybody, but his purchasing did the talking for him !

Regards Ricardo :thumbsup:

Social source share

I met steve Davies in a Sheffield record shop during the World Championships in the Eighties. He bought so many records he had a guy with him called "Botley" to carry them all. He didn't say much to anybody, but his purchasing did the talking for him !

Regards Ricardo :thumbsup:

Apologies for doing this , but Paul Weller is the " subject " of this coming Sunday's " Desert Island Discs " , on Radio 4 at 11.15 AM ....

I caught the trailer whilst driving this morning , which featured a snippet of one of his choices , Sarah Vaughan's

" September In The Rain " ......

It will be interesting to hear what his other choices are .....

Malc Burton

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert