Bessie Banks - Don't You Worry Baby

Steveh73

Hi all,

I thought I'd raise some money for Christmas and put my copy of Bessie Banks, Don't You Worry, Baby up for sale.

Its a nice demo copy of this classic floorfiller which plays as loud and clear as you'd expect. There's a bit of inconspicuous surface noise o the run-in and a strange little flattening of the rim (Ie not on the playing or run-in surface) for about 1 cm which does not affect listeninging enjoyment!

120 GBP and its yours.

Paypal preferred - many thanks

Cheers

Steve.

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi all,

I thought I'd raise some money for Christmas and put my copy of Bessie Banks, Don't You Worry, Baby up for sale.

Its a nice demo copy of this classic floorfiller which plays as loud and clear as you'd expect. There's a bit of inconspicuous surface noise o the run-in and a strange little flattening of the rim (Ie not on the playing or run-in surface) for about 1 cm which does not affect listeninging enjoyment!

120 GBP and its yours.

Cheers

Steve.

Absolutely a superb toon :rolleyes: ......wish i could afford it!! :unsure:

JB xx

Social source share

Hi all,

120 GBP and its yours.

Cheers

Steve.

mp3 or sound sampler is posible? Thanks in advance

Jadd

Social source share

Hi all,

120 GBP and its yours.

Cheers

Steve.

Ah - I hate you people!!! :unsure: fancy doing this to me a week before Christmas...

I wonder if my family would mind " sorry guys, no pressie's but I've picked up an amazing record that I've wanted for years". biggrin.gif

There have been some good pieces come up in the last few weeks.

Good price for the Bessie Banks too.. :thumbsup:

Jayne.x. (Off to think about it....)

Social source share

Ah - I hate you people!!! biggrin.gif fancy doing this to me a week before Christmas...

I wonder if my family would mind " sorry guys, no pressie's but I've picked up an amazing record that I've wanted for years". :(

There have been some good pieces come up in the last few weeks.

Good price for the Bessie Banks too.. :thumbsup:

Jayne.x. (Off to think about it....)

Jayne, you need the issue... the other side is knicker wettingly good!

Oh and the family won't mind.... mine don't :unsure:

Social source share

Hi all,

120 GBP and its yours.

Cheers

Steve.

pmd ya

regards

jf

Social source share

The other side "Go Now" is also a fantastic deep tune!

But it's not on the demo.

Sampled by Jaheim (Hoagy Lands grandson I think).

Isn't 'go now' her hit record from the 60s on Tiger and not related to this mid-70s canadian record?

I never knew Jaheim was related to hoagy lands though, interesting, I have to google it now.

Social source share

Isn't 'go now' her hit record from the 60s on Tiger and not related to this mid-70s canadian record?

I never knew Jaheim was related to hoagy lands though, interesting, I have to google it now.

the other side of Don't You Worry Baby is Try To Leave Me If You Can, and its beautiful

Social source share

the other side of Don't You Worry Baby is Try To Leave Me If You Can, and its beautiful

Indeed, making it one the greatest double siders ever IMHO; along with Bill Brandon's 'Streets'/'Tag Tag' - proof (if it was ever needed) that supremely Soulful music was being made well into the 70's.

Mike

Edited by Mike Lofthouse
Social source share

Hi Mike

To be honest I don|t know which version came out on Contempo..................the Volt release is featured on Dave Godins "Deep Soul Treasures" Vol 1 so maybe you can compare ?

Unfortunately I only have the Quality promo (Don't ..................) both sides so can't compare

Cheers Paul

Social source share

I didn't realise that it was remake, had them since new and the version of 'Try To ...' that came out on Contempo - they pretty much sound identical to me

Mike

Remember you giving me this on a tape years ago Lofty---along with Heywood Cash--Stevens & Foster etc

Were you way ahead of your time ------or wouldnt you spend more than 7/6p on a record?

Atb Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert