"soulsville" At The Baby Jupiter Leeds

In time honoured Soul Source tradition, who is attending this fabulous underground night of Rare Soul winners hosted by those crazy rapscallions Jamie Hartford and Rich Buckley...........i certainly won't whistling.gif . Just a little joke to soften you up (admittedly poor, but i spend an awful lot of time in the presence of Shane H), i will be in attendence, especially after they whipped the Soultown crowd into a frenzy over Easter. Anyhow i have the day off work and would like to be in Leeds for opening time, any people wanna meet early then let me know.

Brett

Edited by Brett
  • Replies 47
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What's with these crazy fonts Brett???

I'm currently considering a trip over the pennines with PaulB and Little Richard (babysitter permitting) so may just see ya there  :huh:

link

Reg how dare you whistling.gif ....they aren't crazy........but tasteful

I will raise a glass to you as I sit tucking into my 3 course Anniversary meal in the Portmeirion Hotel....

Would love to be there but 10th Wedding Anniversaries don't come along very often.

WOOF!

link

Have a great time Mr & Mrs Pikeys whistling.gif

Brett

Wish I could make it but with brats on school holidays I cant get away from Kent in time to be there (the anniversary dinner that is not soulsville) whistling.gif

Guest lagerlout

In time honoured Soul Source tradition, who is attending this fabulous underground night of Rare Soul winners hosted by those crazy rapscallions Jamie Hartford and Rich Buckley...........i certainly won't :huh: . Just a little joke to soften you up (admittedly poor, but i spend an awful lot of time in the presence of Shane H),  i will be in attendence, especially after they whipped the Soultown  crowd into a frenzy over Easter. Anyhow i have the day off work and would like to be in Leeds for opening time, any people wanna meet early then let me know.

Brett

link

guess who is not working friday.......... whistling.gif

guess who is not working friday.......... whistling.gif

link

YEAHHHHHH :huh: , i can be there for dinner Mr Smith, shall we meet in Wetherspoons, then you can take me round all those old haunts of yours.

Brett.....i'll PM you my fine hooligan.

Guest lagerlout

YEAHHHHHH :D , i can be there for dinner Mr Smith, shall we meet in Wetherspoons, then you can take me round all those old haunts of yours.

Brett.....i'll PM you my fine hooligan.

link

dinnertime it is my friend... biggrin.gif

Guest James Trouble

there are plenty of needles in leeds  biggrin.gif

link

noice. I'm talking about record needles though. :D

what's parking like around the venue?

Guest ShaneH

noice. I'm talking about record needles though. :D

what's parking like around the venue?

link

the parkin is very good in Leeds but I would recommend the victoria sponge. biggrin.gif

No seriously you will have no problem parking on the streets near the venue. I have been a few times and found it easy enough. Free as well.

Shane

Guest Jamie

Do you guys have you own minty needles or will I have to bring my own? biggrin.gif

link

We use Ortofon Concorde DJ E cartridges & stylus.

If you have anything more decadent you would like use we play off Technics SL1210 Mk 5 G. so you can just swap them over. Hope that helps :D

Jamie

Guest Jamie

I will raise a glass to you as I sit tucking into my 3 course Anniversary meal in the Portmeirion Hotel....

Would love to be there but 10th Wedding Anniversaries don't come along very often.

WOOF!

link

Have a wonderful time you lovely people you :D

Guest James Trouble

the parkin is very good in Leeds but I would recommend the victoria sponge.  :D

No seriously you will have no problem parking on the streets near the venue. I have been a few times and found it easy enough. Free as well.

Shane

link

Ok, well, Jen and I are probably going to drive straight to the venue and park up. Is it worth having a beer or 10 and leave the motor in Leeds and collect it in the morning, or is it worth parking up and staying sober and very well behaved? shhh.gif

And am I allowed to bring some funk, or can I just play disco and northern? :D

Guest Biggie G

Ok, well, Jen and I are probably going to drive straight to the venue and park up. Is it worth having a beer or 10 and leave the motor in Leeds and collect it in the morning, or is it worth parking up and staying sober and very well behaved? shhh.gif

And am I allowed to bring some funk, or can I just play disco and northern? :D

link

The Parking around Baby J is meter parking so it's free between 6pm and 8am the following day. Then you'd have to pay and you can only stay 1hr / 2hrs (I think) so you might be best staying sober, or better still get your better half to drive home :D That's what I do.

Cheers

Gareth

I've heard about that stuff. Are there any other local hazards I should look out for? :lol:

link

The bottled Czech lager (thinks its Czech) that all the local Soul Sourcers drink. whistling.gif needed in the morning.

Can the guys in charge post full dj line up, it may be on the events page but i think it's a good step to post in the relevent thread.Hope to land in Leeds just before 1pm, and will then descend into a helter-skelter of debauchery and disgraceful behaviour, i along with the "Lout of Lager" may even get barred before we even descend those fine filigree wrought iron railed steps.

Edited by Brett
Guest Jamie

anybody know if anything is shaking in Leeds Saturday 9th?

cheers,

derek

link

Not sure Derek? :lol:

Do you know of anything in the offing?

Jamie thumbsup.gif

Guest Jamie

Will fill in the times but it'll go something like this:-

Jamie Hartford

Rich Buckley

John Parker

Pat Brady

Glenn Hewitt

James Trouble

John Parker

Pat Brady

Jamie Hartford

Rich Buckley

or some variation on that theme.....

Edited by Jamie
Guest Jamie

Can we all get F**ked in Revolution first?

link

No need my young dandy!

The Zubrowka Bison Vodka is the pinnacle of Polish craftsmanship.

Serve chilled on the rocks, or with Indian Tonic for a long drink. thumbsup.gif

By jove it's glorious :lol::lol:

Jamie

Guest Jamie

The bottled Czech lager (thinks its Czech) that all the local Soul Sourcers drink.  thumbsup.gif needed in the morning.

link

It's Russian. And it's called Baltika. You have been warned :lol:

Guest Jamie

Don't know about Leeds, but you can always come to Barnsley :lol: Friendship on a one-off Saturday. More details >>HERE<< :thumbsup:

Mark

P.S. Catching you up Mr. Manion - only 3 behind :lol:

link

Quite a snazzy flyer that, Mark.

You can tell you had nothing to do with it :thumbsup::lol:

Are you playing out tomorrow?

J :thumbsup:

Flyer produced by Billy Jr. :lol: and he'll do yours for basic charges: £35.00 basic layout fee (double if you want it double sided), £15.85 scans (up to 4 - front and back), £3.00 for coloured card, etc. etc. :thumbsup:

Yes I shall be there, providing I can find it :thumbsup: anyone care to guide me in from M1 :thumbsup: I know where the central is if it's anywhere near.

Mark

Guest Jamie

Times for tonight folks:

8:00 - 8:30 - Jamie Hartford

8:30 - 9:00 - Rich Buckley

9:00 - 9:30 - John Parker

9:30 - 10:00 - Pat Brady

10:00 - 11:00 - Glenn Hewitt

11:00 - 12:00 - James Trouble

12:00 - 12:30 - John Parker

12:30 - 1:00 - Pat Brady

1:00 - 1:30 - Jamie Hartford

1:30 - 2:00 - Rich Buckley

Hope a few of you off the list will give your support tonight. Some great guests tonight and Pat & John need no introduction.

Superb music all the way.

Jamie :thumbsup:

Guest Jamie

Flyer produced by Billy Jr. :lol: and he'll do yours for basic charges: £35.00 basic layout fee (double if you want it double sided), £15.85 scans (up to 4 - front and back), £3.00 for coloured card, etc. etc. :thumbsup:

Yes I shall be there, providing I can find it :thumbsup: anyone care to guide me in from M1 :lol: I know where the central is if it's anywhere near.

Mark

link

Billy, it's about 2 doors away from 'Purple Door' erm, Exotic dancing bar. :thumbsup::lol:

You should suss it from that :lol:

Jamie, I'm coming tonight with Richard and Paul but I need help..(with directions!!) A map featuring local landmarks in relation to venue etc,if poss, and where I can park nearby without invloving a long cold walk. I've been before but I wasn't driving that time. Would be very helpful as I've got previous for being totally crap in alien City centres!

Guest Jamie

Jamie, I'm coming tonight with Richard and Paul but I need help..(with directions!!)  A map featuring local landmarks in relation to venue etc,if poss, and where I can park nearby without invloving a long cold walk. I've been before but I wasn't driving that time. Would be very helpful as I've got previous for being totally crap in alien City centres!

link

There is a map you can print off in the events section of 'Soulsville'.

If you want to give me a call I'll explain where we are 07739 917972 :thumbsup:

Glad you're all coming :thumbsup:

Guest James Trouble

I'm gunna need help as well, my sat nav is down! :thumbsup:

Can you post the link to the map. Also, I hope I can get there in time, it's 3 1/2 + hours from Chelmsford, I was gunna leave ealry, but tied up at work, doesn't look like gunna get out of office till 6! If I'm late you may need to shuffle those time a little, maybe I can do 11.30 till 12.30? :rolleyes:

Guest rachel

No need my young dandy!

The Zubrowka Bison Vodka is the pinnacle of Polish craftsmanship.

Serve chilled on the rocks, or with Indian Tonic for a long drink.  :thumbsup:

By jove it's glorious  :yes:   :yes:

Jamie

link

Fantastic stuff :rolleyes:

Especially mixed with apple juice and Krupnik, which is another Polish thing made of err something :yes:

Guest James Trouble

Oh bugger, I've forgotten my needles, does anybody there have any new stylus? I've nto got my acetates cut onto dubs, so I don't really want to play them on worn out club needles. nah wot i mean!? :rolleyes:

Guest James Trouble

no answer, so i guess the boys are down the pub already, it looks like Jen and I will have some catching up to do! :rolleyes:

Guest Jamie

no answer, so i guess the boys are down the pub already, it looks like Jen and I will have some catching up to do! :yes:

link

James, they are my decks and my stylus. I take them down when we play so I know they are in good fettle.

Let's hope we don't run out of toilet paper too :yes::rolleyes::yes:

No worries with swapping times around, just give me a call & let me know where you are :thumbsup:

Jamie

Guest James Trouble

James, they are my decks and my stylus. I take them down when we play so I know they are in good fettle.

Let's hope we don't run out of toilet paper too :yes:   :rolleyes:   :yes:

No worries with swapping times around, just give me a call & let me know where you are  :thumbsup:

Jamie

link

Sweet.

Oh, and I've been warned about your northern toilet paper. We've packed our own. :yes:

Guest Jamie

Sweet.

Oh, and I've been warned about your northern toilet paper. We've packed our own. :thumbsup:

link

Nothing wrong with IZAL. And what do you need twin-ply for?? I mean, 2 LAYERS???? :rolleyes: Pure decadence :yes:

Guest ShaneH

Nothing wrong with IZAL. And what do you need twin-ply for?? I mean, 2 LAYERS????  :thumbsup:   Pure decadence  :yes:

link

I cant understand why people only use one side as well.. :rolleyes:

I would bring some Jimmy Savlon up as well if its Izal :yes:

Shane

Look guy's this is the 21st century, when are you going to sort out a Live internet link up with the Baby Jupiter, so I can listen what's happening while I'M at work..... :rolleyes:

Have a good night guy's, I'm really missing that little venue alot :yes:

I'LL BE BACK..........soon :thumbsup:

Guest Jamie

Lock up you're daughters..Dr Cato is coming over for some fun... :thumbsup: See you late folks....

link

Excellent news!!

I shall prepare your private 'Surgery' out the back and groom prospective 'patients' for suitability :yes:

Increase the dosage!!!! :rolleyes:

Jamie :yes:

Source Advert