Buddy Miles Passed Away

Guest Kevin J

Guest Kevin J

Buddy Miles passed away early yesterday morning. From his official website (www.buddymiles.com):

"It is with tremendous sadness that we must share with all Buddy's fans around the world that Buddy passed away peacefully and quietly at his home last night (Tuesday, February 26, 2008) in Austin, Texas surrounded by his family. Buddy will be greatly missed as a wonderful person and as a truly gifted musician who gave so much to so many through the years.

The family ask for your prayers and that you respect their privacy. A tribute show will be announced within a short period of time and all are welcome to come and share in the magic that was Buddy Miles.

Fans, friends and family will all join in a celebration of the life and music of this talented and big hearted musician, so we hope everyone can be a part of this fond farewell.

God Bless each of you, Buddy truly appreciated EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU."

I am glad i got to meet the fella when i could. keep on keepin on.

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

When I get up in the morning I'm going to turn the hi fi on, crank the amp to 11 and play "Them Changes" for the neighbourhood's edification, followed by all of "Hendrix Band Of Gypsys" - still the funkiest album ever made IMO.

Sleep well, funky drummer....

Social source share

When I get up in the morning I'm going to turn the hi fi on, crank the amp to 11 and play "Them Changes" for the neighbourhood's edification, followed by all of "Hendrix Band Of Gypsys" - still the funkiest album ever made IMO.

Sleep well, funky drummer....

" Down By The River " :thumbsup: ..........

RIP .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

A great loss of a great singer!.........anyone see`s this album: https://www.answers.com/topic/california-ra...t=entertainment

Buddy is the lead singer and there are some great tracks on here, "Sweet Delicious & Marvelous" is one I used to play regular at venues.

I have that album, but don´t think I´ve ever actually listened to it, so will have to do that now.

Gutted to hear about his death. Buddy Miles is one of my favourite artists. So versatile, having a go (successfully) at so many different genres of music.

Digging out some Electric Flag, Buddy Miles Express, old solo albums, newer CDs etc. Will treat myself to lots of Buddy Miles during the next few days. Always loved his powerful singing, his lively drumming, highly respected his songwriting skills etc.

R.I.P. Buddy Miles

Social source share

" Down By The River " thumbsup.gif ..........

Found a clip on YouTube of this brilliant track , so please enjoy the talent that was Buddy Miles ......

RIP .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Great clip, but why are you biased? I'm intrigued.

Mike

I'm very pro-Bloomfield 'cos I'm a big Bob Dylan fan, even admitted the fact on here a while back.

When the flak started flying, Mr. Rounce & a few others kindly came to my aid. :-)

It's interesting to note that Frank Elson & Dave Godin are/were also big Dylan fans.

When I learnt that they were 'members of the club', I didn't feel such a heretic chilling

out to Blood On The Tracks after a night at Wigan. :-)

Going back to Bloomfield, most people seem to think Clapton is the man, but I prefer Bloomfield's searing, menacing style & that weird hunch-back position.

Maggies Farm at Newport 65 is another extraordinary clip of him in action.

Social source share

I'm very pro-Bloomfield 'cos I'm a big Bob Dylan fan, even admitted the fact on here a while back.

When the flak started flying, Mr. Rounce & a few others kindly came to my aid. :-)

It's interesting to note that Frank Elson & Dave Godin are/were also big Dylan fans.

When I learnt that they were 'members of the club', I didn't feel such a heretic chilling

out to Blood On The Tracks after a night at Wigan. :-)

Going back to Bloomfield, most people seem to think Clapton is the man, but I prefer Bloomfield's searing, menacing style & that weird hunch-back position.

Maggies Farm at Newport 65 is another extraordinary clip of him in action.

Of course - I was one of the few with Mr Rounce.

Yes Bloomfield was a great player - as was Robbie Robertson - the other great Dylan sideman. Love the story of Bloomfield when spotting Hendrix entering club wishing he could be Albert King just for the night!!!

I think without fail I prefer American musicians over British any day of the week - Stevie Ray Vaughan being another that always gave his heroes due respect and reverence.

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert