Guest rayskim

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest biggray1

Fantastic nite,this very special occasion was a Charity Fund Raiser Dedicated to Willow Wood Day Centre for Adults with learning Disability.Promoters Pete and Cressy have donated all Door Takings and Yoki donated a fantastic Portrait of Uk Soul Star Dusty Springfield wich was auctioned off. The whole place was buzzin and must say it was one of the Best nites we have ever had at the Bentink.Musically both Rooms was ace,Yoki's spot was awesome..Playlist please Yoki..backroom packed as usual,a fantastic place to be,many thanx to all the soulies who traveled from all over the country.will post more info later only the boozy haze is hard to look through :lol: Love and Peace. Graham .

Edited by biggray1

An excellent night at the Bentinck Miner's Welfare in Kirkby-in-Ashfield.

Dee-jays all in excellent form, Andy & Tracy opening up with an eclectic mix of 60s well known and not-so-well-known.

Yocki kept the footfall on the floor with his set, well known and well loved by all (although I was surprised at the perceived apathy to the Continental Four - The Way I Love You Baby, in my mind still a top tune).

Resident 'Cressy' finished the night with soul music of such quality and depth (including, Four Tracks, Cashmeres and Terry Callier one after t'other) that it is always worth remembering when visiting this venue "Don't leave early" or you'll miss probably one of the finest hours of popular but not 'over-played' music in the East Midlands.

Over £450 was made on the night with the two promoters, Pete Payne and Cressy donating door takings after expenses, an impromptu collection and Yocki and Joy's donation of an original Dusty Springfiled painting by artist Tony Field which was auctioned and Jud from Walsall out bid the rest to secure this special piece of memorabilia signed by the lady before she passed on. (well, it would have been hard to sign after!)

The proceeds of the evening went to Willow Wood Adult Learning Centre.

Great night, great music, great people, great cause, what more can a person want on a Friday night in May?

the next event on june 20th has guests John Poole & Mark Etheridge in the 'main' room and Andy 'Tats' Taylor in the rare/lesser played room.

images on: https://ournorthernsouls.org/reviews.aspx

Edited by coops

:ohmy: hi to all out there and we hope you all had a great friday were ever you went or what ever u did ,,,

has said above great night ,,,big thanks to all who came ,,,big thanks to all djs ,,

they were ANDY AND TRACY,,,MICK COOPER,,,YOCKY,,,MARK HOPES,,MARK JOHNSON,,AND CO PROMOTER CRESSY IN BOTH ROOMS ,,

BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO CAME AND DONATED MONEY TO SUCH A HELP FULL COURSE THAT WILLOW WOOD PROVIDE OUR COMUNITY :thumbup:

right bentinck in its 6th year and still producing crowds from all over the country ,,,we try to dedicate music to every one who comes to visit us ,,thats why we are across the board in the main room ,,and rare collectors jems ,,and a touch of modern in the back room ,,,

about last night well a awsome night ,,,top tunes played in both rooms great crowd of people from all over ,,,when every one was leaving the feed back i got when standing on the door to say good night and thankyou for coming ,,was great they all seemed to like what they heard ,,, and we no at the bentinck that a lot of you who came cant make it every month but have said you will come when you can ,,the people count last night was 155 give and take a couple ,,but new faces was here ,,,like we have said its all of you out there that keep these venues running ..

THANK YOU HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTH ,,20TH JUNE ,,

PETE :unsure:

:lol: hi to all out there and we hope you all had a great friday were ever you went or what ever u did ,,,

has said above great night ,,,big thanks to all who came ,,,big thanks to all djs ,,

they were ANDY AND TRACY,,,MICK COOPER,,,YOCKY,,,MARK HOPES,,MARK JOHNSON,,AND CO PROMOTER CRESSY IN BOTH ROOMS ,,

BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO CAME AND DONATED MONEY TO SUCH A HELP FULL COURSE THAT WILLOW WOOD PROVIDE OUR COMUNITY :thumbup:

right bentinck in its 6th year and still producing crowds from all over the country ,,,we try to dedicate music to every one who comes to visit us ,,thats why we are across the board in the main room ,,and rare collectors jems ,,and a touch of modern in the back room ,,,

about last night well a awsome night ,,,top tunes played in both rooms great crowd of people from all over ,,,when every one was leaving the feed back i got when standing on the door to say good night and thankyou for coming ,,was great they all seemed to like what they heard ,,, and we no at the bentinck that a lot of you who came cant make it every month but have said you will come when you can ,,the people count last night was 155 give and take a couple ,,but new faces was here ,,,like we have said its all of you out there that keep these venues running ..

THANK YOU HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTH ,,20TH JUNE ,,

PETE :unsure:

:ohmy:just want to ADD........... me and andy had a great night............. thank you for inviting us to DJ............. hope you enjoyed our spot..... and all in aid for a good cause.........it was a pleasure donating our time....... .....

Tracey n Andy

TRANDY SOUL CLUB, NOTTINGHAM

Just got back in, absolutely awesome night! Some top tunes.

Well done guys,

Whilst I remember some of the tunes I played in my last spot in the backroom:

Montclairs - Come on and love me

Perfections - Lonely one

Paramounts - I'm the one loves you

Ellusions - You didn't have to leave me

Jimmy Scott - Rained forty days and nights

JP Robinson - Our day is here

Glen Ricketts - Does it really matter

Chuck Cockerham - Have I got a right

Eddie Hughes - Soul Searcher

Daybreak - I need love

Enchanters - Theres a look about you

James Phelps - The look on your face

Guitar Ray - Gonna wreck your life

Sean Oliver - You and me

RJ Kelly - Up and outta here

Black Box - Fall into my love

Reggie Alexander - Its better

Don Folger - The way of the crowd

Just can't remember the rest. Great night.

Mark

The grand total we raised for The Willow Wood Day Centre was £460.05 :huh::huh::D

Thanks to everybody who came along & supported us & made it an awesome night.

I'll do my Back room playlist later tonight & try :g::g::g: & piece together some of my Main room plays aswell thumbsup.gif:(thumbsup.gif . Cressy

Edited by cressy

Thanks for yet another great night. thumbup.gif:(

Andy & Tracey starting in off to a great start, then another expected quality session from Coops followed up by Yoki, first time I've seen him, quality spot mate.

Didn't get into the Backroom much but when I did never heard a bad tune.

Pete, you and Cressy and Mark, certainly know how to keep the crowds coming back. aswell as helping a local good cause.

Well done, thanks again and we'll see you all next month.

thumbup.gifjust want to ADD........... me and andy had a great night............. thank you for inviting us to DJ............. hope you enjoyed our spot..... and all in aid for a good cause.........it was a pleasure donating our time....... .....

Tracey n Andy

TRANDY SOUL CLUB, NOTTINGHAM

thankyou tracy and andy for giving your time up to dj at the bentinck and for not taking your fee and adding it to the total ....excelent tunes we will book you both again next year ,,we already booked up till march 09..see you both soon ,,good look with your venue ,,,

pete x

Whilst I remember some of the tunes I played in my last spot in the backroom:

Montclairs - Come on and love me

Perfections - Lonely one

Paramounts - I'm the one loves you

Ellusions - You didn't have to leave me

Jimmy Scott - Rained forty days and nights

JP Robinson - Our day is here

Glen Ricketts - Does it really matter

Chuck Cockerham - Have I got a right

Eddie Hughes - Soul Searcher

Daybreak - I need love

Enchanters - Theres a look about you

James Phelps - The look on your face

Guitar Ray - Gonna wreck your life

Sean Oliver - You and me

RJ Kelly - Up and outta here

Black Box - Fall into my love

Reggie Alexander - Its better

Don Folger - The way of the crowd

Just can't remember the rest. Great night.

Mark

thanks for play list mark and thankyou for your big contribution u give to bentinck each month ,,,you and ray do a great job for us all in the back room ,,,

thanks matey ,,

pete

Thanks for yet another great night. thumbup.gif:(

Andy & Tracey starting in off to a great start, then another expected quality session from Coops followed up by Yoki, first time I've seen him, quality spot mate.

Didn't get into the Backroom much but when I did never heard a bad tune.

Pete, you and Cressy and Mark, certainly know how to keep the crowds coming back. aswell as helping a local good cause.

Well done, thanks again and we'll see you all next month.

thank you for your kind coments ,,,we try to do things as right as we can ,, but its always down to all the djs that are booked each month ,they do a great job ,,, so i would like to thank all the djs that have been on at the bentinck over the last 5 years or so ,, with out u and the paying public coming back every month ,, we would not be going in to our 6th year and still keeping the numbers up ...

thank you to all ..

pete ,,

Top nite yet again.Main room full again,nice to catch up with Yocky thumbsup.gif .

Back room....well,if there's a better Friday nite venue mid-month i'd like to be there.KEV. :( .

hi kev dint see much of you this month ,,, bet u was tucked up in a corner in the back room ..

i think it was a awsome night ,,and the djs all did a great job ,,,

thanks ,,

pete thumbup.gif

I really hope all the DJ'S post there playlists , and that every single member reads them . that way people will understand that this venue is without doubt one of the best in the country . Then again I hope no one reads it , that way it will be our little secret.

As usual, but perhaps this time even with more oooomph, anothor great night. I enjoy the dancefloor atmosphere of the main room but always get drawn into anoraks corner at the back. Cressy's at his best in my opinion when he's digging deep into that box of his, always some very interesting and great toons come out of there. Mark Hopes doesn't know how to play a bad sound, great depth. But I especially wanted to hear Mark Johnson's spot, think Mark must be the most modest collector/dj around, got some incredible stuff and always plays with a smile.

Think what made it very special was so many special folk there, great to feel amongst so many friends, what a happy place to be. Top stuff Steve and Cressy, long may you reign.

How many different spellings of Yoki are there on this thread?

Thank you Mark & Cressy for posting your back room playlists , some superb tunes as always (especially J R Bailey - Love Won't Wear Off played by Cressy) which has really made our soul-less weekend to see what we missed , sounds like it was a good turn out as well which it should be because as already stated it is one of the best soul nights around and we were gutted we weren't there.

Nice few bob raised for charity also , well done to Pete , Cressy and all who contributed.

Thanks to Pete, Mak and Cressy for your concern over Sue's accident on Events Talk thread and others for PM's rec'd. She is still in pain but slowly recovering.

Hope to see you at the next one if not before

Paul & Sue :D:thumbsup:

Another busy night at Bentinck and all for a good cause. Most of the usual suspects ( except for Paul and Sue) and everyone always seems to have a great time. Everyone that we talk into giving it a try always enjoys it and comes back for more which is proof that Pete and Cressy are doing a great job.

As far as I can remember this is what I played on the night:

Norwood Long - I'd Like To Have You - Groovey Grooves

The Visitors - My Love Is Ready And Waiting - Tangerine

Don Gardener - Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy - Mr G

Lashawn Collins - What You Gonna Do Now - Sincere

Albert Collins - Fifteen Cent Love - Kapp

The Seashells - Quiet Home - Villige

Talmadge Armstrong - Gigi - Spindletop

Willie Tee - Please Don't Go - Nola

Charles Drain - Stop And Think About It - Top Track

The Girls - The Hurts Still Here - Memphis

Barbara Stant - You've Got To Try It Again - Shiptown

Haywood Tucker - I'm Yours - Budweiser Showdown

Lee Shot Williams - It Ain't Me No More - MT

Steve Mancha - Did My Baby Call - Wheelsville

Vessie Simmons - Better To Bend Than Break - Simco

Liza Mae - I Got a Juicy Mouth - Concept

Charles Carlson - She's Not To Blame - Bold

The Ascots - Just A Few Feet From The Gutter - Playboy

Bill Brandon - Whatever I Am I'm Yours - Moonsong

Little Reuben - In The Name Of Loneliness - NR

Jimmy Wallace - I'll Be Back - Alpha

Pearl Dowdell - It's All Over - Saadia

Thanks for having me, I loved every minute.

Mark

I really hope all the DJ'S post there playlists , and that every single member reads them . that way people will understand that this venue is without doubt one of the best in the country . Then again I hope no one reads it , that way it will be our little secret.

:thumbsup: thanks mak much appriciated,,nice post ,,but you the people out there make the night ,,thanks to all .. :D

As usual, but perhaps this time even with more oooomph, anothor great night. I enjoy the dancefloor atmosphere of the main room but always get drawn into anoraks corner at the back. Cressy's at his best in my opinion when he's digging deep into that box of his, always some very interesting and great toons come out of there. Mark Hopes doesn't know how to play a bad sound, great depth. But I especially wanted to hear Mark Johnson's spot, think Mark must be the most modest collector/dj around, got some incredible stuff and always plays with a smile.

Think what made it very special was so many special folk there, great to feel amongst so many friends, what a happy place to be. Top stuff Steve and Cressy, long may you reign.

How many different spellings of Yoki are there on this thread?

:thumbsup: glad u had a great time dean ,,,see you again soon mate ,,,

pete :D

Another busy night at Bentinck and all for a good cause. Most of the usual suspects ( except for Paul and Sue) and everyone always seems to have a great time. Everyone that we talk into giving it a try always enjoys it and comes back for more which is proof that Pete and Cressy are doing a great job.

As far as I can remember this is what I played on the night:

Norwood Long - I'd Like To Have You - Groovey Grooves

The Visitors - My Love Is Ready And Waiting - Tangerine

Don Gardener - Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy - Mr G

Lashawn Collins - What You Gonna Do Now - Sincere

Albert Collins - Fifteen Cent Love - Kapp

The Seashells - Quiet Home - Villige

Talmadge Armstrong - Gigi - Spindletop

Willie Tee - Please Don't Go - Nola

Charles Drain - Stop And Think About It - Top Track

The Girls - The Hurts Still Here - Memphis

Barbara Stant - You've Got To Try It Again - Shiptown

Haywood Tucker - I'm Yours - Budweiser Showdown

Lee Shot Williams - It Ain't Me No More - MT

Steve Mancha - Did My Baby Call - Wheelsville

Vessie Simmons - Better To Bend Than Break - Simco

Liza Mae - I Got a Juicy Mouth - Concept

Charles Carlson - She's Not To Blame - Bold

The Ascots - Just A Few Feet From The Gutter - Playboy

Bill Brandon - Whatever I Am I'm Yours - Moonsong

Little Reuben - In The Name Of Loneliness - NR

Jimmy Wallace - I'll Be Back - Alpha

Pearl Dowdell - It's All Over - Saadia

Thanks for having me, I loved every minute.

Mark

:thumbsup: thanks for play list mark ,,,and thanks for helping us out at the last minute ,,ray was called away on buisness ,,,

but get ready again folks cus i do believe mark is back with us in august ,,, :D

Thank you Mark & Cressy for posting your back room playlists , some superb tunes as always (especially J R Bailey - Love Won't Wear Off played by Cressy) which has really made our soul-less weekend to see what we missed , sounds like it was a good turn out as well which it should be because as already stated it is one of the best soul nights around and we were gutted we weren't there.

Nice few bob raised for charity also , well done to Pete , Cressy and all who contributed.

Thanks to Pete, Mak and Cressy for your concern over Sue's accident on Events Talk thread and others for PM's rec'd. She is still in pain but slowly recovering.

Hope to see you at the next one if not before

Paul & Sue :D:thumbsup:

:shades: hi paul glad to hear sue on the mend ,,,hope to catch u both soon ,, £5.00 went in tin as u asked ,, take care ,,lv pete & jayne :thumbup:

As always a big thanks and well done to Pete, and all DJs who made this the excellent night that it was, Coops' review has already said it all, well done on your set too Coops. This was only my second visit to Bentinck but it has truly joined Annesley and Kingsway as another venue in that area of Notts where I instantly feel at home. Appreciated such an overall across the board range in the main room and nice underplayed sounds in the back room too, danced a lot and came away a tired but very happy soulie smile.gif

Glad to have contributed to the worthy charity cause too, and nice to read how well it did. Review also on Our Northern Souls.

Cheers, Alan

Fantastic nite,this very special occasion was a Charity Fund Raiser Dedicated to Willow Wood Day Centre for Adults with learning Disability.Promoters Pete and Cressy have donated all Door Takings and Yoki donated a fantastic Portrait of Uk Soul Star Dusty Springfield wich was auctioned off. The whole place was buzzin and must say it was one of the Best nites we have ever had at the Bentink.Musically both Rooms was ace,Yoki's spot was awesome..Playlist please Yoki..backroom packed as usual,a fantastic place to be,many thanx to all the soulies who traveled from all over the country.will post more info later only the boozy haze is hard to look through :huh: Love and Peace. Graham .

Thank you for your wonderful comments all greatly recieved. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but we have been very busy this weekend and I will post my play list tonight ( If me can remember! as I had such a fantastic night too.)

Love Yocky and Jx

Guest BigPaul

Well i thought it were Fookn Crap :D

Only joking Cressy LMFAO

I Thought that collection was for a Record Box For you. Cos you were walking round with a cardboard box all night. So i put £450 in :lol::D

I might even come next month anorl if that Pete fella on the door promises to stop hugging me :lol::g:

Only joking M8

Fookn Awesome night With the Three Amigos Cressy and the two Marks. As my learned friend Mak sez come on Johnno get your playsists up.

By the Way Mark Had a pint waitin for you at Middleton Sat :rolleyes::lol: soon supped it tho cos i had insider info that you wouldn' t be there :D:D

Awesome Night Loved smile.gif

Regards

Paul

As always a big thanks and well done to Pete, and all DJs who made this the excellent night that it was, Coops' review has already said it all, well done on your set too Coops. This was only my second visit to Bentinck but it has truly joined Annesley and Kingsway as another venue in that area of Notts where I instantly feel at home. Appreciated such an overall across the board range in the main room and nice underplayed sounds in the back room too, danced a lot and came away a tired but very happy soulie :rolleyes:

Glad to have contributed to the worthy charity cause too, and nice to read how well it did. Review also on Our Northern Souls.

Cheers, Alan

HI ALAN GLAD U HAD A GOOD NIGHT ,,,SEE U AGAIN SOON ,,

PETE

Thank you for your wonderful comments all greatly recieved. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but we have been very busy this weekend and I will post my play list tonight ( If me can remember! as I had such a fantastic night too.)

Love Yocky and Jx

HI YOCKY AND J ,,,

WHAT A SPOT U DID ,,,AWSOME NIGHT FROM ALL DJS ,,,,,

AND THANK JOY FOR THE DUSTY SPRINGFIELD PRINT ,,,WENT DOWN A TREAT ,,,

SEE U BOTH SOON ,,, LOVE PETE AND JAYNE XX

Well i thought it were Fookn Crap :g:

Only joking Cressy LMFAO

I Thought that collection was for a Record Box For you. Cos you were walking round with a cardboard box all night. So i put £450 in :D

I might even come next month anorl if that Pete fella on the door promises to stop hugging me

Only joking M8

Fookn Awesome night With the Three Amigos Cressy and the two Marks. As my learned friend Mak sez come on Johnno get your playsists up.

By the Way Mark Had a pint waitin for you at Middleton Sat :rolleyes: soon supped it tho cos i had insider info that you wouldn' t be there :lol:

Awesome Night Loved smile.gif

Regards

Paul

:lol: PAUL U DAFT BUGGER ,,,,PML ,,,NICE ONE BUT I NO U WILL BE BACK FOR SOME SOUL FULL SOUNDS ,,,,NO HUG NEXT TIME FOR U ,,,JUST A SHAKE :D ..

PETE :lol:

Better late than never here'e some of my Main room playlist

Bobby Sheen - Dr Love - UK Capitol

Contours - Baby Hit & run - UK TM

Four Tracks - Like my love for you - Mandingo

Kurt Harris - Emperor of my babys heart - Canadian Apex

Doni Burdick - I have faith in you - Soun Patterns

Temptations - I want a love I can see - Gordy

Willie Tee - Walking up a one way street - Atlantic

Bobby Reed - Time is right for love - Bell

Spellbinders - Help me - Columbia

Cashmeres - Show stopper - Hem

Carol Anderson - Sad Girl - Fee

Willie Kendrick - Change your ways - RCA

Montclairs - Hey you don't fight it - Arch

Tery Callier - Look at me now - Cadet

Sam Fletcher - I'd think it over - Tollie

+ a few others that I can't remember

Cressy

Edited by cressy
Guest biggray1

Cressy

You cant remember because you were HALF PISSED :shades::ohmy:

Cressy

james fountain

carstairs.......

Guest vinylmaniac

You cant remember because you were HALF PISSED :g::lol:

Only half pissed by 12 o clock :ohmy: .He's usually wrecked at 10 :ohmy::wave::shades: ,you sure had a steady night cressy. thmbdn.gif Ta Ray

Only half pissed by 12 o clock :ohmy: .He's usually wrecked at 10 :ohmy::wave::shades: ,you sure had a steady night cressy. thmbdn.gif Ta Ray

Don't worry Ray I'm not slacking Graham got it wrong I was full to the brim. Pete said the other month it's your turn to drive so I said I'm not going then :g::lol: ....Cressy

Don't worry Ray I'm not slacking Graham got it wrong I was full to the brim. Pete said the other month it's your turn to drive so I said I'm not going then :thumbsup::thumbsup: ....Cressy

drive cant remeber the last time u drove ,,,,

your turn next month pick us up from jaynes ,,, :lol::D:D

thankyou tracy and andy for giving your time up to dj at the bentinck and for not taking your fee and adding it to the total ....excelent tunes we will book you both again next year ,,we already booked up till march 09..see you both soon ,,good look with your venue ,,,

pete x

:thumbup:you are very welcome Pete............... it will be a pleasure to DJ again at The Bentinck ....... after March is better for us anyway as we are busy with our new venues and also we are getting married on Saturday 14th February 2009.

cya soon

luv

Betty n Andy

x

Source Advert