Soulshakers Weekender 2009

Got them yesterday, thanks mate.

Ravenets is nice...

Still don't know abot Jimmy Dee.

Anyway see you soon, when will you arrive in Bamberg?

Hi Martin, we arrive on Tuesday. So, you will need to take care of Dave while Susanne & I sort things out...but I'm sure you don't mind wink.gif

M.

Edited by malayka
  • Replies 164
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just some more information for those arriving by plane in Nuremberg.

We probably can't give everyone a lift, sorry...but I can give some general info about the trains from Nuremberg to Bamberg - it's very easy to get to Bamberg from Nuremberg.

There are trains approximately every half an hour from the main train station in Nuremberg (Hauptbahnhof). You get there by tube from the airport. You don't have to worry about taking the right tube - there is only one.

There are special traintickets called Bavaria Tickets ( Bayerntickets) which are not bound on one particular train but valid one whole day. They cost 28 euros and up to 5 people can travel on one ticket ( included in this ticket is also the tube from airport to main train station). Take any Regionalexpress that goes to Bamberg (Trainjourney takes about 40 minutes). Once arrived in Bamberg - you're not far from anywhere

:ohmy:

Single ticket from Nuremberg to Bamberg costs 12 Euros.

If you need more information, please drop me a line...Susanne & I want to make sure everyone arrives stressfree and relaxed in Bamberg - you will need your energy to dance all night smile.gif

Malayka

Just some more information for those arriving by plane in Nuremberg.

We probably can't give everyone a lift, sorry...but I can give some general info about the trains from Nuremberg to Bamberg - it's very easy to get to Bamberg from Nuremberg.

There are trains approximately every half an hour from the main train station in Nuremberg (Hauptbahnhof). You get there by tube from the airport. You don't have to worry about taking the right tube - there is only one.

There are special traintickets called Bavaria Tickets ( Bayerntickets) which are not bound on one particular train but valid one whole day. They cost 28 euros and up to 5 people can travel on one ticket ( included in this ticket is also the tube from airport to main train station). Take any Regionalexpress that goes to Bamberg (Trainjourney takes about 40 minutes). Once arrived in Bamberg - you're not far from anywhere

:D

Aww thatnks for that Mrs Lovely Lady xx much appreciated! (I cant remember how we got there last year to be honest but I know it was a bit of a kerfuffle getting the train from Nuremberg-Bamberg....probably cuz we were a bit overly excitable and forgot all our German vocab ( rolleyes.gif:D ) You did reserve me 2 tickets for the nighters though didnt you hun? (I asked you ages ago and am slightly paranoid today after Billy's previous comment!)

Gail

Edited by Delasoul

Aww thatnks for that Mrs Lovely Lady xx much appreciated! (I cant remember how we got there last year to be honest but I know it was a bit of a kerfuffle getting the train from Nuremberg-Bamberg....probably cuz we were a bit overly excitable and forgot all our German vocab ( :P:lol: ) You did reserve me 2 tickets for the nighters though didnt you hun? (I asked you ages ago and am slightly paranoid today after Billy's previous comment!)

Gail

Edited by mormar44

Aww thatnks for that Mrs Lovely Lady xx much appreciated! (I cant remember how we got there last year to be honest but I know it was a bit of a kerfuffle getting the train from Nuremberg-Bamberg....probably cuz we were a bit overly excitable and forgot all our German vocab ( :P:lol: ) You did reserve me 2 tickets for the nighters though didnt you hun? (I asked you ages ago and am slightly paranoid today after Billy's previous comment!)

Gail

Good job we were there to look after you :lol:

This is you when you're over excitable? post-1419-1239373597_thumb.jpg

Hope this year is as good seeing as there's only half of Kez and Pez !! :D

See you soon

Mark

Mark you're SUCH a wind up merchant....dunno how Liz puts up with you!

Lol Perry (or was I kevin? :D Confused? I will be!! :ohmy: )

(And please refrain from posting up any pics of me in that ridiculous dressing gown and hat! tongue.gif ) Looking forward to seeing you both again soon x

Mark you're SUCH a wind up merchant....dunno how Liz puts up with you!

Lol Perry (or was I kevin? :( Confused? I will be!! laugh.gif )

(And please refrain from posting up any pics of me in that ridiculous dressing gown and hat! :( ) Looking forward to seeing you both again soon x

oops !! :thumbup:

Were'nt you Kevin?

And what's with the flirting with the Norwich guys? When you're YOUNG friends are around you'll be all goggle eyed !! Again !! :thumbsup:

post-1419-1239384476_thumb.jpg

Soz Gail laugh.gif

oops !! :(

Were'nt you Kevin?

And what's with the flirting with the Norwich guys? When you're YOUNG friends are around you'll be all goggle eyed !! Again !! :thumbsup:

Soz Gail :thumbup:

I knew there was a reason I took an INSTANT dislike to you! laugh.gif (I have demonic red eye on that pic as well!)

Heres an even worse one...whos that old bloke on the left? wink.gif

post-4351-1239384851_thumb.jpg

Edited by Delasoul

SOUL & SAUSAGES !!!!!!!! JEUX SANS FRONTIERES ??? IT'S GONNA BE A KNOCKOUT ..OR IS THAT A LOCK-OUT ??? CAN'T WAIT !!! I'VE PACKED THE BISTO AND THE DADDIES SAUCE !!!!!!! CPTN M !!! WHO'S THE DADDY ??? :boxing:

Let's got for the Jeux sans frontieres, shall we?

soory - Brother George Mahood :D:D

It is traditional for people to misspell my name, John Stapleton once plastered posters with "George Mahoon" in massive letters all over Bristol (he's got it wrong on numerous occasions in different ways over the years, I think he gets a kick out of it), and Heikki opted for "George Mahoot" on flyers around Turku. This "Brother" prefix is a new one though :thumbsup:

It is traditional for people to misspell my name, John Stapleton once plastered posters with "George Mahoon" in massive letters all over Bristol (he's got it wrong on numerous occasions in different ways over the years, I think he gets a kick out of it), and Heikki opted for "George Mahoot" on flyers around Turku. This "Brother" prefix is a new one though :thumbsup:

I don't know...I probably was thinking of my last visit with Edd Henry in Detroit, he makes brothers and sisters out of everyone....and he makes you pray too, if you want to or not :D

M.

Hi Dave!

Yes, it was fabulous seeing you and Malayka in autocratic Vienna :lol: , Oscar says hi and he is contemplating!!

Edu is arriving today and we shall make our way over to Bamberg in just a few days! So looking forward to it!!

And we´ll be having Frau Doktor with us, so any acetate questions can be relayed directly to her :lol:

Love, Polly

Edited by Polly Matthies

Hi Dave!

Yes, it was fabulous seeing you and Malayka in autocratic Vienna :lol: , Oscar says hi and he is contemplating!!

Edu is arriving today and we shall make our way over to Bamberg in just a few days! So looking forward to it!!

And we´ll be having Frau Doktor with us, so any acetate questions can be relayed directly to her :lol:

Love, Polly

Talking of Doktors there's a German guy (about 30) who we always refer to as "Herr Doktor" (although he has no medical background!!). He always wears a suit and has a parting in his hair, always at the German weekends and comes over to Cleethorpes. Wonder if anyone knows who I'm refering to and is he on here?

See you all next week!!!

Mark C :thumbup:

Talking of Doktors there's a German guy (about 30) who we always refer to as "Herr Doktor" (although he has no medical background!!). He always wears a suit and has a parting in his hair, always at the German weekends and comes over to Cleethorpes. Wonder if anyone knows who I'm refering to and is he on here?

See you all next week!!!

Mark C wink.gif

Hi Mark,

yes, there;s only one man with such a hairstyle...and that's Alex from Hamburg.

M.

Ps. Just checked the weatherforecast...it looks like we will have around 20C on Friday and Saturday, Sunshine and only a few clouds....in case someone is interested...

i am just writing the little hand out we always have lying around at the entrance...and as every year, i write it in german first and translate it as good as i can into english...now, in german there's a word "Ohrenschmaus" - to all the germans on here..how do you translate this?

I know for sure you can't translate it literally..."Eardinner" doesn't make sense (judging by the look Dave had on his face when i mentioned it ).....silly me laugh.gif:ohmy:

M.

I know for sure you can't translate it literally..."Eardinner" doesn't make sense (judging by the look Dave had on his face when i mentioned it ).....silly me :thumbsup::D

M.

I would love to know what this translates to Malayka, I can't think now.

Getting things sorted (e.g music on Ipod) as we are flying off tomorrow, off to Frankfurt for a few days R&R and then over to Bamberg, see you and Dave there, and see everyone else there.

Tschuss!

i am just writing the little hand out we always have lying around at the entrance...and as every year, i write it in german first and translate it as good as i can into english...now, in german there's a word "Ohrenschmaus" - to all the germans on here..how do you translate this?

I know for sure you can't translate it literally..."Eardinner" doesn't make sense (judging by the look Dave had on his face when i mentioned it ).....silly me :D:lol:

M.

Well, Jamie Oliver would say ''Pukka Meal'' Dem Reggae Boys would say ''Wicked Wax'' ...you may just say ''It's A Bamburger'' :lol::lol: ....Back in da day dem say Top Tunage :lol::(:thumbsup::D

Edited by viphitman

Sorry, for that you need to speak to Waldi (Herr Wurst), he's studing history at the Uni there. See you next week.

Dave

Don't know, if I have the time for it. You know babysitting for you, Butch (both of you because of the records you should give to me cheaply) and Marva (little daughter of Thorsten and Simone). And if I have the time, will I have my brain together? Probably not as my weekender starts tomorrow midday, when you arrive. The fridge ist stuffed with Kellerbier my friend!

The Bratwurst take aways are allready expecting you to improve their sales. Although I found a take away, that sells cidre by now, which is nice for a change.

cheers

Martin

okay, dj times are nearly ready, i haven't packed my records, i haven't packed clothes either, but i am all excited as we are flying over tomorrow...still lots of things to sort out in bamberg...but all going according to Susanne's and my cunning plan :lol:

see you soon!

malayka

Edited by malayka

Hi Mark,

yes, there;s only one man with such a hairstyle...and that's Alex from Hamburg.

M.

Ps. Just checked the weatherforecast...it looks like we will have around 20C on Friday and Saturday, Sunshine and only a few clouds....in case someone is interested...

You mean this guy? :-p

I was thinking he is called the Northern Soul Monk... :-)

Can´t wait til Friday.

See you all in Bambiberg!

Keep the faith!

Ollo

post-10459-1240919244_thumb.jpg

Can´t wait til Friday.

Keep the faith!

Ollo

Hi Ollo

Shame you won't make it on thursday to see one of the first showings in europe of 'Cadillac Records' the Chess story, which will be shown at the warm up session.

Dave

Can´t wait til Friday.

Keep the faith!

Ollo

Yep, that's the fella. Wanted to go up to him this time and say "Hi Alex" instead of Herr Doktor. Thing is, am I meant to call him by his other nickname(s) instead?

Mark C (aka Prof. Turnups) :wave:

okay, dj times are nearly ready, i haven't packed my records, i haven't packed clothes either, but i am all excited as we are flying over tomorrow...still lots of things to sort out in bamberg...but all going according to Susanne's and my cunning plan :rolleyes:

see you soon!

malayka

Hope you had a safe journey, what's the weather like? I have packed my shorts, Tshirts and of course my swiming trunks I hope the river waters are warm. Looking forward to see you all over there, pity we didnt know about the warmer, we would have gone a day earlier!!! By the way I wouldn't mind going on the tour, if I am awake, Lots of hugs+Luv C+Cxx

Afraid Weather not too good further South Carlos, cloudy with sun breakign through, but hey the food is great and beer is great so what more could we ask for!!!!

If anyone is trying to get hold of me my F*****g phone has decided to lose its display, so it rings out but I cant get at it, so out of contact for now, will be in Bamberg tomorrow so catch up with all there. If anyione is trying to get hold of me PM me here, I should be on once more before we leave Frankfurt.

Edited by jocko

Hope you had a safe journey, what's the weather like? I have packed my shorts, Tshirts and of course my swiming trunks I hope the river waters are warm. Looking forward to see you all over there, pity we didnt know about the warmer, we would have gone a day earlier!!! By the way I wouldn't mind going on the tour, if I am awake, Lots of hugs+Luv C+Cxx

hi carlos,

well, i would not exactly recommend to swim in the river yet...only if you are really brave! trhe weather is okay, friday and satruday the weatherforecast predicts about 20 C and sunshine...so we should have the usual SoulShakers weather :lol:

more important than bringing the right clothes is....bringing the right mood :lol::lol:

susanne & i are running around like maniacs, getting the last few things sorted out...brad arrives tomorrow morning in frankfurt...so everything should be fine....

see you all soon,

malayka

Afraid Weather not too good further South Carlos, cloudy with sun breakign through, but hey the food is great and beer is great so what more could we ask for!!!!

If anyone is trying to get hold of me my F*****g phone has decided to lose its display, so it rings out but I cant get at it, so out of contact for now, will be in Bamberg tomorrow so catch up with all there. If anyione is trying to get hold of me PM me here, I should be on once more before we leave Frankfurt.

hi jocko,

yes, i tried to get hold of you....

m

Source Advert