Bobby Paris, I Walked Away, Issue Or Demo?

Harry Crosby

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

how do you define a disaster...come on, do tell

It's still a bit painful to talk about, but in a nutshell...

I was about to mail it off to Harry's mate, but before doing so i decided to give it a ‘professional clean’ (more of a cursory wipe, really) before I popped it into the mailer and sent it off to him yesterday. As I negotiated a set of stairs on the way back from cleaning it, I missed one, tripped, and smashed the record against a stair as I fell on it. Capitol 45s are pretty sturdy, but I’m a fairly hefty bloke, and the record took my full weight as I came down on it. Needless to say I’m distraught because not only did I have to refund his money (which I did immediately, of course), I have nothing to show for the deal except two halves of a 45 that was once worth £250.00 and is now worth nothing. It’s a double disaster for me, because I had already bought a copy of Kenny Carlton’s Lost And Found’ in the knowledge that there was money going into the bank from the sale of 'I Walked Away' to pay for it – money that I’ve now got to juggle in from other accounts...

...and you think you're having a bad week?

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

It's still a bit painful to talk about, but in a nutshell...

I was about to mail it off to Harry's mate, but before doing so i decided to give it a 'professional clean' (more of a cursory wipe, really) before I popped it into the mailer and sent it off to him yesterday. As I negotiated a set of stairs on the way back from cleaning it, I missed one, tripped, and smashed the record against a stair as I fell on it. Capitol 45s are pretty sturdy, but I'm a fairly hefty bloke, and the record took my full weight as I came down on it. Needless to say I'm distraught because not only did I have to refund his money (which I did immediately, of course), I have nothing to show for the deal except two halves of a 45 that was once worth £250.00 and is now worth nothing. It's a double disaster for me, because I had already sent bought a copy of Kenny Carlton's Lost And Found' in the knowledge that there was money going into the bank from the sale of 'I Walked Away' to pay for it - money that I've now got to juggle in from other accounts...

...and you think you're having a bad week?

Bridgey told me about this today tony, main thing is mate your ok, couldve been a nasty one that one :D

Social source share

Got the same guy a JOE JAMA the other week, that was easier to get than this :thumbsup: come on people xmas coming cash waiting no problems there unsure.gif

Hey Up Harry,

Might have to put money towards something else at this rate!!!!.......

Leave it with you pal. Speak when I get back from my Jollies................. Wey, Hey

Take it easy............. KTF............. Bridgey

Social source share

STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WANTED :lol::D:D Heres the story people the CASH is waiting for the right conditioned copy of this, but has to be the right condition, the guy who wants it is a friend and a serious collector, so as ive said condition is a paramount factor in this deal, the price is your decision if you have such a copy, many thanks HARRY :thumbsup:

Social source share

Source Advert