Weird/psychy Soul/funk 45s ***wanted***

Guest lampros

Guest lampros

Hi folks. My first post here, although I've registered a while ago.

I'm looking for rare soul/funk 45s in a weird/psych vein.

I'm generally after psych 45s, but since this site is soul-oriented, I'm asking for the closing thing possible :lol:

ps. My eBay name is lampros77, so we may have done 'business' already.

Cheers to all.

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest lampros

look our for stratus on wyld wood think theres a copy up on ebay.

also try out The Jerms Baby Baby Love on Honor Brigade & Sage I'm Alive on Head

Thanks for the tips mate! Cheers.

Social source share

Hi Haim and thanks for the kind welcome! :lol:

Your records were one of the reasons that 'drove me' here :lol:

My pleasure, glad to hear that. Yeah I love that soulful psych/psychy soul/etc stuff too, so many good 45s that are hard to categorize...

And to let everybody know, Lampros is one of the best folks I've ever dealt with, always a pleasure every time :lol:

Social source share

Guest lampros

Chosen Lot - Time Was / If You Want To (Sidra 9004)

Does this qualify? I have a M- copy for £40

To tell you the truth I haven't heard of it yet (it's on Psychedelic States right?). Any chance of a clip? I don't think I own the compilation.

ps1. Cool avatar! Actual painting?

ps2. Cheers Haim :lol:

Social source share

To tell you the truth I haven't heard of it yet (it's on Psychedelic States right?). Any chance of a clip? I don't think I own the compilation.

ps1. Cool avatar! Actual painting?

ps2. Cheers Haim :)

Hi

I'll have to see if I can master how to do a 'clip'.

The painting is by Edward Burra, one of Britain's finest painters. :)

Social source share

Guest lampros

Hi

I'll have to see if I can master how to do a 'clip'.

The painting is by Edward Burra, one of Britain's finest painters. :)

Hey, I'll find a clip somewhere, you don't have to go through trouble :) I just asked in case it was handy.

I will listen to it and pm'ya afterwards. Cheers,

Lamrpos

Social source share

A few faves

Soul Inc - Give the Drummer Some

Combined Forces - Feelin' Alright

Inner Circles - Bravura

Round Trip Tickets - Self Destruct (last two are instro flips of ballads)

Stone Coal White - both 45s

Soul Searchers WGR - Love City

Purple Image - 45 on VAR-1 (forgot the titles)

All of these are pretty far out - too intense/strange for dancing and club play. The Soul Inc would not only clear a dance floor, it could start a riot!

Edited by George G
Social source share

I've got quite a few pysch/garage/plain freakish 45s that i'd be happy to sell....or trade for soul stuff. Need a while to sort through and find them though....most will be in storage so not easy to put my hands on! Have go this in the house though, will have a look see what else is in the house in next few days:

Jerry Mundo & The Hounds - Let Us Be

Don't know a lot about it, except it seems to be a rare 45 and is on Psych States Comp 'Illinois The 60s Vol.1'

Adam.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest lampros

A few faves

Soul Inc - Give the Drummer Some

Inner Circles - Bravura

Round Trip Tickets - Self Destruct (last two are instro flips of ballads)

Stone Coal White - both 45s

Purple Image - 45 on VAR-1 (forgot the titles)

All of these are pretty far out - too intense/strange for dancing and club play. The Soul Inc would not only clear a dance floor, it could start a riot!

Thanks, just heard some of these! Soul Inc is a dynamite indeed, Stone Coal White is good, but I wouldn't pay that much :P Any chance of anyone posting clips for these:

Inner Circles - Bravura

Round Trip Tickets - Self Destruct

Purple Image - 45 on VAR-1

That'd be great. Cheers.

Lampros

Social source share

Thanks, just heard some of these! Soul Inc is a dynamite indeed, Stone Coal White is good, but I wouldn't pay that much :P Any chance of anyone posting clips for these:

Inner Circles - Bravura

That'd be great. Cheers.

Lampros

those are all ohio records. the soul searchers wgr is a kiddie group covering a sly stone song.

Social source share

Guest lampros

those are all ohio records. the soul searchers wgr is a kiddie group covering a sly stone song.

Thanks mate. And I also have to thank all of you guys for your help and offers. Cheers.

Social source share

Thanks, just heard some of these! Soul Inc is a dynamite indeed, Stone Coal White is good, but I wouldn't pay that much :rolleyes: Any chance of anyone posting clips for these:

Inner Circles - Bravura

That'd be great. Cheers.

Lampros

Combined Forces was on Ebay in the past week with a sound file. Not a rare record, but hard to find clean. Most people want the ballad flip, and I've always found it amusing that people don't know this is a Traffic/Dave Mason cover, those artists being anathema to the soul and hipster scenes, or almost anyone from Generation X and younger. Their other records are a lot tougher. You can probably find someone who has the Purple Image LP on Map City. The songs on the 45 are different versions. The LP is great.

For more info and a pic of Soul Inc

https://www.buckeyebeat.com/soulincd.html

-George

Social source share

Hi folks. My first post here, although I've registered a while ago.

I'm looking for rare soul/funk 45s in a weird/psych vein.

I'm generally after psych 45s, but since this site is soul-oriented, I'm asking for the closing thing possible :wicked:

Got a copy of Third Flight by Third Flight on Yodi that i may part with. Falls right into that category!

Social source share

GOT A RREAL WEIRED THING BY THE ELLUSION ON STEED THINK ITS COLLECTABLE-MAKE ME AN OFFER ,YOU NEVER KNOW ITS IS XMAS .

BAZ A wink.gif

the illusion on steed were a rock group that had some pretty common lps, I could be wrong but I don't know if they have any collectible 45s. as I said in another thread I know little about rock though.

Social source share

the illusion on steed were a rock group that had some pretty common lps, I could be wrong but I don't know if they have any collectible 45s. as I said in another thread I know little about rock though.

I know a lot about rock and there's nothing rare and 'in demand' by the Illusion AFAIK. I've never been asked for their records and I've been asked for some pretty awful crap by the 'mod' scenesters and whoever else has an interest in bad pop/rock music rebranded as 'danceable' (Fire and Ice on Capitol - yeah, you're what I'm talking about). They had a hit with a song called "Did You See Her Eyes". Not a big top 40 hit but a song that got a lot of play on FM radio and buzz in the 'underground' subculture. Most fans of rock and psych from that time don't give their catalog much props (although I like "DYSHE").

- George, 'rockist' and proud!

Social source share

I've got quite a few pysch/garage/plain freakish 45s that i'd be happy to sell....or trade for soul stuff. Need a while to sort through and find them though....most will be in storage so not easy to put my hands on! Have go this in the house though, will have a look see what else is in the house in next few days:

Jerry Mundo & The Hounds - Let Us Be

Don't know a lot about it, except it seems to be a rare 45 and is on Psych States Comp 'Illinois The 60s Vol.1'

Adam.

Is the flip of this a male version of "Whats the matter baby"? I have that one somewhere.

Social source share

Guest lampros

I'll have to agree. A bit strange genre combination yes, but musically not particularly weird.

I don't hear any psych influences, but they do sound more like a white Associaton style/beach/greaser rock band. I dunno anything about this band, but there's another record on this label by Strange Fate which is good garage psych.

- George

Edited by lampros
Social source share

Is the flip of this a male version of "Whats the matter baby"? I have that one somewhere.

Yes, that is the one. Do you have any idea on rarity/demand/value? Certainly not to my taste so it needs a new home, guess eBay will be the best way to move it on.

Adam.

Social source share

Yes, that is the one. Do you have any idea on rarity/demand/value? Certainly not to my taste so it needs a new home, guess eBay will be the best way to move it on.

Adam.

I actually found the record correctly filed in my collection, which of itself is a 'major rarity' :lol:

pretty nice Zombies-ish song.

Not a high demand or value, sorry. I'd put $25 on it, but you never know how these records sell on eBay.

- George

Social source share

I actually found the record correctly filed in my collection, which of itself is a 'major rarity' :lol:

pretty nice Zombies-ish song.

Not a high demand or value, sorry. I'd put $25 on it, but you never know how these records sell on eBay.

- George

I would pay $25 to collect as a chicago record I don't have (on a soul label), but not more. Someone who actually wants the record for the music would maybe pay more. The Betty label was a division of Palos, Betty was the name of Sunny Sawyer's wife.

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Try Pictures 'I'm gonna see you through' - terrific track on Southwest Experience Records - strange, but soulful.

Looking to find a download, but nothing available on the web apart from 1 site which takes you through dozens of adverts and then comes up with nothing at the end of the chase around.

If I get chance, I'll try to transfer my copy to MP3 and upload it to RefoSoul.

For now...............

Brian :lol:

Social source share

Guest lampros

That'd be great Brian, thanks.

Third Flight is indeed great, anyone got a spare?

I'd say Creations Unlimited is pretty cool too, but not a top want atm.

Try Pictures 'I'm gonna see you through' - terrific track on Southwest Experience Records - strange, but soulful.

Looking to find a download, but nothing available on the web apart from 1 site which takes you through dozens of adverts and then comes up with nothing at the end of the chase around.

If I get chance, I'll try to transfer my copy to MP3 and upload it to RefoSoul.

For now...............

Brian :)

Social source share

Source Advert