Sussex Soul Club

Guest Iratesoultwin1

Guest Iratesoultwin1

Sussex Soul Club ..is back!!!

(formerly of the Denton Lounge, Worthing)

Quality 6ts, 70s & modern soul

Spun by countrywide DJs

Denmac - noughty nighties

Steve McMahon - cross the board corkers

Newman - seventies svengali

Kevin Kent - serious sixties

Linda Seddon - r&b royalty

Sat January 10th 2009

7.30 til 12.30 - £4.00 OTD

Great new venue - spacious dancefloor

Be Sure To Bring Your Own Booze!

Clapham & Patching Village Hall

Long Furlong (A280)

Patching, West Sussex BN13 3UT

For more details: 01903 871595

graham_medcalf@yahoo.co.uk

• Replies 37
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:thumbsup: Happy New Year everybody.

Looking forward to getting down Worthing way and giving the decks an airing at this one!

Loads of nice vinyl that I haven't played out yet too. If the last one at the Denton Lounge (Worthing Pier) is anything to go by this will be a corker!!!

-Kev.

Are you going to spin any funk tunes Kevin :( The Denton Lounge was an excellent night. Happy New Year.

Cheers Manus

Edited by manus

Are you going to spin any funk tunes Kevin :( The Denton Lounge was an excellent night. Happy New Year.

Cheers Manus

:thumbsup::( Only ever owned one piece of funk vinyl Manus. Finally managed to give it away last year, so the answer has to be a resounding

NO. :(

Edited by KevinKent
Guest newman

Are you going to spin any funk tunes Kevin :thumbsup: The Denton Lounge was an excellent night. Happy New Year.

Cheers Manus

:( Happy New Year

I'll Spin a few funk tunes for you Manus :(

Any chance of a lift a back to Brighton from anyone or is anyone up for sharing a cab back - don't want to have to leave

too early to catch buses/trains.

Cheers manus

Hello Manus,

Not sure how many I am taking to Worthing if it 4 or under you can defo have a lift back to Brighton...... :D

Happy New Year to all Sussex Soulies, really looking forward to djing in Worthing again it seems so long ago since the last doo at the Denton Lounge.

Linda

Edited by Chaoswomanuk

Hello Manus,

Not sure how many I am taking to Worthing if it 4 or under you can defo have a lift back to Brighton...... :D

Happy New Year to all Sussex Soulies, really looking forward to djing in Worthing again it seems so long ago since teh last doo at the Denton Lounge.

Linda

That would be great Linda - Happy New Year.

All the best

Manus

KevinKent said:
:lol::lol: Only ever owned one piece of funk vinyl Manus. Finally managed to give it away last year, so the answer has to be a resounding

NO. :)

But I might get to spin these if the floor is up for it:

turnpikes - cast a spell - play soul   soul play

The Dealers, You Got It, Big Bunny - play soul   soul play

Presentations - Call On Me - play soul   soul play

:rolleyes: Is it just Manus who's coming then?

Guest newman

Looking forward to hearing some great sounds this Saturday Steve and to doing a spot in March thumbsup.gif

Cheers Manus

We're looking forwrd to having you do a spot in Marh Manus and catching up with you there this Saturday - there's gonna be a great crowd and a cracking night!

graham

Guest newman

Getting ready to head south tonight!... my feet are itching already and really looking forward to this one - had the dreaded "man flu" so not been out since before Christmas!

Getting ready to head south tonight!... my feet are itching already and really looking forward to this one - had the dreaded "man flu" so not been out since before Christmas!

Hi Graham, it's probably not flu - you're just funked up.

Don't forget the Ortofons mate. Gave the rig a good blast today and no problems so all set for Saturday!

- Kev

Guest newman

Hi Graham, it's probably not flu - you're just funked up.

Don't forget the Ortofons mate. Gave the rig a good blast today and no problems so all set for Saturday!

- Kev

Lol! Funked up! - have you been talking to my Psychiatrist then Kev?

Ortofons in my bag and back up decks in the boot ready... if you and Pam can get over early Saturday I'm gonna set up my gear at Christie's so we can have a warm up + a few beers - steady the cuing hand!

Graham

Lol! Funked up! - have you been talking to my Psychiatrist then Kev?

Ortofons in my bag and back up decks in the boot ready... if you and Pam can get over early Saturday I'm gonna set up my gear at Christie's so we can have a warm up + a few beers - steady the cuing hand!

Graham

:thumbsup::D I don't need to steady my cuing hand!

But I do need to oil my knees and anaesthetise my back, so aiming to get over early. beer.gif

With no bar at the venue I hope I remember to bring my own supply.

Guest newman

:thumbsup::D I don't need to steady my cuing hand!

"But I do need to oil my knees and anaesthetise my back, so aiming to get over early. beer.gif

With no bar at the venue I hope I remember to bring my own supply."

There are some pluses of not having a licensed bar Kev:

Makes it a cheap night with all that surplus xmas booze people have to get rid of...

Then there's guaranteed win drink raffle - win a beer with every ticket bought :D:D:D

Edited by newman

Hello Manus,

Not sure how many I am taking to Worthing if it 4 or under you can defo have a lift back to Brighton...... :huh:

Happy New Year to all Sussex Soulies, really looking forward to djing in Worthing again it seems so long ago since the last doo at the Denton Lounge.

Linda

Linda,

I thought the do was in Patching judging by the first post??

Btw where is Patching, is there a train service to it etc?

Simon

Linda,

I thought the do was in Patching judging by the first post??

Btw where is Patching, is there a train service to it etc?

Simon

I'm not quite sure myself Simon - I thought I might get the train to Worthing and then jump in a cab to Patching - Anyone know how far it is from the station ?

Cheers Manus

I'm not quite sure myself Simon - I thought I might get the train to Worthing and then jump in a cab to Patching - Anyone know how far it is from the station ?

Cheers Manus

Hi Manus,

just pm'd you but thought to post here for Simon as well:

It is @ Patching Village Hall, so 'Goring by Sea' would be the nearest train station.

Look forward to seeing y'all in the 'soul sticks' :huh:

Steve.

Guest newman

Ahhhh interesting. Forgive my ignorance chaps but I was unaware of any events in this 'neck of the woods'

Now I can't make this but will you be having any more during the year.

regards Jez

Hi Jez

Our next event will be on Saturday March 21st - same soul venue, same soul time! The flyer with full Dj line up will be posted in events and the forum later today so keep 'em peeled :lol:

Also got wheels in motion for big south coast event early summer - more to follow!

Anyone unsure of venue location check events calender for Google map link.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Jez

Our next event will be on Saturday March 21st - same soul venue, same soul time! The flyer with full Dj line up will be posted in events and the forum later today so keep 'em peeled :D

Also got wheels in motion for big south coast event early summer - more to follow!

Anyone unsure of venue location check events calender for Google map link.

Cheers

Graham

Thanks Graham

My mum lives in Shoreham. Since my dad passed away i have tried to visit more often and have often wondered if i could kill 2 birds so to speak and visit a venue near the south coast.

Have never found one really --so this fits the bill!!

Eyes are peeled :lol:

cheers Jez

Thanks Graham

My mum lives in Shoreham. Since my dad passed away i have tried to visit more often and have often wondered if i could kill 2 birds so to speak and visit a venue near the south coast.

Have never found one really --so this fits the bill!!

Eyes are peeled :lol:

cheers Jez

There's been plenty of dos down in Brighton over recent years, only a few miles from Shoreham.

Pete Robinson is putting on dos at the moment fairly regularly at The Globe & The Hampton & i'm sure there's other stuff on also, we play plenty of NS at Da Doo Ron Ron (4th Friday of every month) & even did an NS special recently.

Simon

There's been plenty of dos down in Brighton over recent years, only a few miles from Shoreham.

Pete Robinson is putting on dos at the moment fairly regularly at The Globe & The Hampton & i'm sure there's other stuff on also, we play plenty of NS at Da Doo Ron Ron (4th Friday of every month) & even did an NS special recently.

Simon

Simon

Thanks for the info. I shall look forward to coming down in the future and attending a few down that way.

Quite exciting really, going somewhere new, like a big kid :thumbsup:

Guest Dave Mortimore

Simon

Thanks for the info. I shall look forward to coming down in the future and attending a few down that way.

Quite exciting really, going somewhere new, like a big kid :thumbsup:

.. Hi Jez, I'll be going on Saturday. If you do make it down to this neck of the woods, please let me know. There's always somewhere for a friendly Stoke lad to crash at our place, if you decide to visit Bournemouth for a soul night.

. Hope to see you around ............ Dave Mortimore

.. Hi Jez, I'll be going on Saturday. If you do make it down to this neck of the woods, please let me know. There's always somewhere for a friendly Stoke lad to crash at our place, if you decide to visit Bournemouth for a soul night.

. Hope to see you around ............ Dave Mortimore

Awww thats very kind of you Dave. You're a gentleman and scholar :thumbup: . I wouldn't put you to such trouble but whem Mrs J and I do come down your area will certainly pm you and we can have a 'pint' and you can 'guide' me down there.

Have a good night in Patching :unsure:

Source Advert