Ian Levine Productions And Songs

it was the downstairs all - dayers, that the NS crowd generalised as "disco shite".

There weren't all that many.

Probably no more than ten in total ever.

The Miracles one broke all attendance records for the building - 3700 through the doors.

Social source share

• Replies 1.1k
  • Views 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest grahamt

The Miracles one broke all attendance records for the building - 3700 through the doors.

the roy ayres one was a good one, he was on stage ten mins and we had to go home coz of the snow. pfft coach driver,s eh!!! :thumbup:

Social source share

The Miracles AD was a truly outstanding event . I still have photograph somewhere of myself taken with Billy Griffin .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

The Miracles AD was a truly outstanding event . I still have photograph somewhere of myself taken with Billy Griffin .......

Malc Burton

We put Billy on at The Carlton in Warrington in the mid 80's Malc, singing his classic 'Hold Me Tighter By The Vein'.

Bit of a drama queen as it happened, he wasn't too happy about changing into his spangly jacket over the barrels behind the bar.

Cracking D.A. too.

Social source share

We put Billy on at The Carlton in Warrington in the mid 80's Malc, singing his classic 'Hold Me Tighter By The Vein'.

Bit of a drama queen as it happened, he wasn't too happy about changing into his spangly jacket over the barrels behind the bar.

This made me smile.

I recorded over twenty songs with him as an artist, plus wrote about fifty with him, plus had him stay at my house many many times, plus he did hundreds of backing vocals for various artists.

Lets just say that your description of him may not be all that far from the truth.

Social source share

This made me smile.

I recorded over twenty songs with him as an artist, plus wrote about fifty with him, plus had him stay at my house many many times, plus he did hundreds of backing vocals for various artists.

Lets just say that your description of him may not be all that far from the truth.

Why do I now have the image of ' albert ' from " The Birdcage " in my mind , in respect of Billy Griffin ? ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Why do I now have the image of ' albert ' from " The Birdcage " in my mind , in respect of Billy Griffin ? ........

Malc Burton

No - Billy is as manly as they come - he LOVES the ladies.

BUT... when it comes to having a strong willful personality and wanting everything all his own way...... well, nuff said.

I do like him a lot but he can be ever so temperamental, a bit of the Diana Ross syndrome shall we say.

Social source share

BUT... when it comes to having a strong willful personality and wanting everything all his own way...... well, nuff said.

I do like him a lot but he can be ever so temperamental, a bit of the Diana Ross syndrome shall we say.

Are you the same Ian I traded with at The Mecca, must have been late 70s, so long ago. I think I got an MVPs off you? Or maybe a Jimmy Raye? So long ago, I've still got the record anyway, wonder if you've still got my record?

Edited by Mr Chips
Social source share

Guest familytree

Cracking D.A. too.

That vision made me chuckle Barry... x

Social source share

Are you the same Ian I traded with at The Mecca, must have been late 70s, so long ago. I think I got an MVPs off you? Or maybe a Jimmy Raye? So long ago, I've still got the record anyway, wonder if you've still got my record?

Well I'm Ian Levine and I DJ'd at the Mecca, (well - I might say that the phrase "I DJ'd at the Mecca" is a bit like saying David Beckham once kicked a ball around, or Shirley Bassey might have once worn a sequinned dress - except if I did some people on here might not appreciate it), so if you went there, you'd hopefully be aware of who I was.

Social source share

Guest familytree

Well I'm Ian Levine and I DJ'd at the Mecca, (well - I might say that the phrase "I DJ'd at the Mecca" is a bit like saying David Beckham once kicked a ball around, or Shirley Bassey might have once worn a sequinned dress - except if I did some people on here might not appreciate it), so if you went there, you'd hopefully be aware of who I was.

And that made me chuckle even more! lol x

Social source share

Ian - what I meant was , and I should have phrased better - that my vision of Billy being akin to that of Albert in " The Birdcage " , was that of shows of temperament , and not in dress or manner ........

So with your comparison and mine , shall we say " Albert Ross " ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

Ian - what I meant was , and I should have phrased better - that my vision of Billy being akin to that of Albert in " The Birdcage " , was that of shows of temperament , and not in dress or manner ........

So with your comparison and mine , shall we say " Albert Ross " ?

Malc Burton

I shouldn't be discussing Billy Griffin's temperament. He wouldn't be too happy if he read any of this, to put it mildly.

Social source share

I shouldn't be discussing Billy Griffin's temperament. He wouldn't be too happy if he read any of this, to put it mildly.

Fair enough ; I did not mean any intentional insult to Billy's character . Subject closed , and will not be mentioned again .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

A guy from Australia, called Simon Lloyd, who has been a very loyal and dedicated supporter of the records I produce, posted the following on my main YouTube page, and I thought some of you might be interested to read it...

"Fans of Ian take note - what promises to be the most uplifting and melodic album of his long career is taking shape as you read these words. You've had a preview of the Soul Steppers album already. The Evelyn Thomas and Odette Adams tracks are good aren't they? What you haven't heard, and what I have had the privelege of listening to, is the rest of the album. What a treat you have in store - songs you feel you've known forever! He really is a one-man musical miracle. The song that holds a special place in my heart is the one I heard recorded. 'Halfway to your Heart' by Delroy G. Pinnock does for Soul Steppers what 'Love is My Sanctuary' did for Northern Soul 2008 - shining brightly in an already dazzling collection. Now, Ian knows when he's on to something special and he really pumped the air with this one. 'Halfway to your heart but I want to be all the way there...' sings Delroy and you'll be singing too, I swear"

Social source share

A guy from Australia, called Simon Lloyd, who has been a very loyal and dedicated supporter of the records I produce, posted the following on my main YouTube page, and I thought some of you might be interested to read it...

"Fans of Ian take note - what promises to be the most uplifting and melodic album of his long career is taking shape as you read these words. You've had a preview of the Soul Steppers album already. The Evelyn Thomas and Odette Adams tracks are good aren't they? What you haven't heard, and what I have had the privelege of listening to, is the rest of the album. What a treat you have in store - songs you feel you've known forever! He really is a one-man musical miracle. The song that holds a special place in my heart is the one I heard recorded. 'Halfway to your Heart' by Delroy G. Pinnock does for Soul Steppers what 'Love is My Sanctuary' did for Northern Soul 2008 - shining brightly in an already dazzling collection. Now, Ian knows when he's on to something special and he really pumped the air with this one. 'Halfway to your heart but I want to be all the way there...' sings Delroy and you'll be singing too, I swear"

That reads as a Press Release...

Social source share

That reads as a Press Release...

I swear it's not. I just pasted it off the comments on my YouTube page.

Don't be so cynical, Smiffy. People do actually like my stuff, you know - not everyone thinks like some people on here do.

Social source share

Guest EType69

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share my experience of yesterday when I visited Ian to buy some records. I arranged to meet at 6pm and being just 20 miles north of Ian left to at five. Big mistake thanks to problems on the North Circular I eventualy turned up 7.45. By 8.00 The Flirtations & Jimmy James turned up for a filming session. Imagine how I felt when I was invited, not just to stay & watch, but to help out.....!!!! Ok all I did was press a few buttons & shift a few props around.....but wow! Jimmy & the girls were great, the banter, the singing, everthing was just fantastic! Sorry if this sounds like the review of an event that should be in Lookbacks but imagine how you'd feel with The Flirtations singing just to you personally. Well that's exactly how it was when I was behind camara for the final take!!!!! Thank you Ian for letting me spend two and a half hours in the company of such marvellous people.

Oh by the way, the records..........£300 for 300? Fantastic deal!!!!!!!

Steve (still on cloud nine) thumbup.gif

Social source share

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share my experience of yesterday when I visited Ian to buy some records. I arranged to meet at 6pm and being just 20 miles north of Ian left to at five. Big mistake thanks to problems on the North Circular I eventualy turned up 7.45. By 8.00 The Flirtations & Jimmy James turned up for a filming session. Imagine how I felt when I was invited, not just to stay & watch, but to help out.....!!!! Ok all I did was press a few buttons & shift a few props around.....but wow! Jimmy & the girls were great, the banter, the singing, everthing was just fantastic!

It was my pleasure.

On Saturday, I have to film a couple of artists including Rosetta Hightower from The Orlons.

She lives in South West London.

She won't leave the house unless someone picks her up and takes her back home again, and I'm filming anyway, so I was wondering if any kind soul fan in the London area fancied collecting her at twelve noon Saturday, bringing her to Ealing to film, stay and watch it happening, and then take her home again. This is her first new record for thirty years.

If anyone fancies this once in a lifetime experience, I'll pay their petrol money, but I promise you a great afternoon out, similar to the one Stephen just had last night.

Social source share

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share my experience of yesterday when I visited Ian to buy some records. I arranged to meet at 6pm and being just 20 miles north of Ian left to at five.

Oh by the way, the records..........£300 for 300? Fantastic deal!!!!!!!

Steve (still on cloud nine) :rolleyes:

I need to sell a few more of these to pay for the video editing on the new Soul Steppers album.

300 records will be a complete across the board mix of 60s, 70s and 80s.

Two thirds US labels, one third UK, but including some good sixties UK labels.

Some very rare obscure tiny little labels, but some classic soul too.

Lots and lots of twenty quiders in there, but the odd Gladys Knight or Chi-Lites too.

But mostly, nothing worth less than a fiver.

300 all different for £300, no duplication. Postage comes to about £35 though, unless you want to collect them.

I guarantee the bargain of the century. Everyone has been thrilled so far.

Please, if you want this set of 300 all different soul records, all worth more than what you're paying, please contact me NOW.

Social source share

On Saturday, I have to film a couple of artists including Rosetta Hightower from The Orlons.

She won't leave the house unless someone picks her up and takes her back home again, and I'm filming anyway, so I was wondering if any kind soul fan in the London area fancied collecting her at twelve noon Saturday, bringing her to Ealing to film, stay and watch it happening, and then take her home again. This is her first new record for thirty years.

If anyone fancies this once in a lifetime experience, I'll pay their petrol money, but I promise you a great afternoon out, similar to the one Stephen just had last night.

Don't all jump at once....

Social source share

Guest EType69

It was my pleasure.

I would jump at this if I wasn't commited to taking my boy to football. Someone must be up for it.

Social source share

I would jump at this if I wasn't commited to taking my boy to football. Someone must be up for it.

I hope someone will be. It will be a historic occasion.

I'm loading new videos onto Youtube right now, so coming in a couple of hours - the long awaited Peter Lamarr single.

Social source share

At long last here it is.

Whatever anyone might say, I unreservedly love it to bits.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

At long last here it is.

A great sound ... tad too fast for my taste at the moment but still a good sound

Well done Ian

Regards Nomad

Social source share

A great sound ... tad too fast for my taste at the moment but still a good sound

Well done Ian

Regards Nomad

You'll probably like the other side, "Taking You For Granted", which is on the new "Soul Steppers" album - it's much more chilled and mellow.

Social source share

You'll probably like the other side, "Taking You For Granted", which is on the new "Soul Steppers" album - it's much more chilled and mellow.

Looking forward to hearing it Ian.

Good luck with this venture and indeed all future ones

All the best

Nomad

Social source share

Guest posstot

At long last here it is.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

At long last here it is.

">

Social source share

My ongoing battle with YouTube resumes yet again.

They've bloody done it again, for the sixth time.

Now they've removed The Blossoms performing "That's When The Tears Start". It seems some idiot at Warner Music thinks it's the original 1967 version, not our 1999 version.

I am so so sick of this.

And what's worse is there are two other illegal bootleg versions of the original version, that they've left alone.

I am persecuted by them.

Social source share

Now they've removed The Blossoms performing "That's When The Tears Start". It seems some idiot at Warner Music thinks it's the original 1967 version, not our 1999 version.

I am so so sick of this.

And what's worse is there are two other illegal bootleg versions of the original version, that they've left alone.

I am persecuted by them.

Certainly appears that you are being victimised , Ian ........

Obviously you have contested this - and the others - with them : what was their answer ?

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

It was my pleasure.

Oh FFS! I don't have to phone the Sherriff do I? rolleyes.gif

Andy.

Social source share

Guest posstot

Now that i can't Believe :rolleyes:

Social source share