• Views 71.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest James Trouble

How do you get that handclap effect?

It's a live clap section I recruited at an allnighter recently. But I can't let you know who they are, their names are secret.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

James do you detest IL so much that at every opportunity you attempt to discredit him or is it simply you have some type of stalking mentality. mellow.gif

Did he once outbid you on a Pannini sticker to complete your world cup collection

I wish I'd experienced everything he has since 1968, well not everything :thumbup: The bloke can be arrogant and sycophantic however that should never be misconstrued as being rude, I'd rather perceive him as being supremely confident.

If there were ever a Northern soul HALL OF FAME. I'd ask him to be inducted.

PD

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Just WAIT till you hear the re-done version of "Resist The Temptation" for the upcoming CD EP - it's utterly fabulous uplifting northern soul with a modern twist.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

James do you detest IL so much that at every opportunity you attempt to discredit him or is it simply you have some type of stalking mentality. mellow.gif

Did he once outbid you on a Pannini sticker to complete your world cup collection

I wish I'd experienced everything he has since 1968, well not everything :thumbup: The bloke can be arrogant and sycophantic however that should never be misconstrued as being rude, I'd rather perceive him as being supremely confident.

PD

dont you mean hall of shame and are you sure you want to experience "EVERYTHING" he has since 1968 youngman

Social source share

:yes::lol: Heard it now wacko.gifwacko.gif

I may start a poll..

do you think James Trouble..

A. really detests Ian that much

B. Wishes he was Ian Levine

C. Whats Ian Levine to notice him for some unknown reason

laugh.gif:thumbup::boxing:

You never, ever, see them in the same room at the same time. What does that tell you? :lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Last taster with Ian's Flirtations and the James Trouble "Talc Dump remix" of 'resist temptation". Probably my best work, ever. Keep your eye out for the stunning CD EP for sale at an allnighter near you soon...

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

:yes::lol: Heard it now wacko.gifwacko.gif

I may start a poll..

do you think James Trouble..

A. really detests Ian that much

B. Wishes he was Ian Levine

C. Whats Ian Levine to notice him for some unknown reason

laugh.gif:thumbup::boxing:

You could add D.

Probably has some admirable qualities,but knowing when to drop something isn't one of them.

I'm mean for f**ks sake doesn't he have anything better to do?

Social source share

Last taster with Ian's Flirtations and the James Trouble "Talc Dump remix" of 'resist temptation". Probably my best work, ever. Keep your eye out for the stunning CD EP for sale at an allnighter near you soon...

10/10 best yet cant wait for the cd biggrin.gif:thumbup::boxing::yes::lol:

Social source share

Ian, I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on some remixes of your work I have been doing? I've just been looking at the 2007 stuff at the moment, paying homage to your work and bringing them a bit more up to date, a bit more 2009, if you know what I mean?

Thanks

JT

Here's "Standing on my own two feet" (James Trouble sprung dance floor mix).

dont give up the day job James laugh.gif

Social source share

I can't understand what seems to have happened to this thread.

It's like going to a beautiful park which has just had the grass mowed, and then coming back the next day after vandals have moved in and strewn the grass with beer cans, KFC bones, and burger wrappings.

It truly saddened me to log on to this thread tonight. I have better things to do.

Social source share

is there any chance of the dr who song getting remixed with a bit of your talent james :lol::lol::lol::lol::D:lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble
rhino said:
is there any chance of the dr who song getting remixed with a bit of your talent james :lol::lol::lol::lol::D:lol:

Rhino, this is a soul music site, so even if I was able to improve on the masterful original it would have no place on this site, let alone this thread.

Ok, as Cunnie has taken down my MP3s which seems to be an attempt to rubbish my work, dismissing my remixing abilities, destroy my serious homaging and pontificating behind closed doors with a smug hypocrisy that is becoming unbearable and unbreathable, here is the final taster from the forth coming CD EP, and this will be the B side of the vinyl release, the utterly breathtaking James Trouble Keep The Faith Remix of One Sided Lover with vocal from Tami Lavettte.

(surely they are my work and as copy right holder they are mine to post up for all my fans to enjoy)

Ian, I would really appreciate some feedback and ask if you would spare some time to provide a quote which I can use in the sleeve notes for the CD EP "James Trouble presents Northern Soul 2020, 4 future floor filling soul classics, reworked and remastered"?

Social source share

Rhino, this is a soul music site, so even if I was able to improve on the masterful original it would have no place on this site, let alone this thread.

Ok, as Cunnie has taken down my MP3s which seems to be an attempt to rubbish my work, dismissing my remixing abilities, destroy my serious homaging and pontificating behind closed doors with a smug hypocrisy that is becoming unbearable and unbreathable, here is the final taster from the forth coming CD EP, and this will be the B side of the vinyl release, the utterly breathtaking James Trouble Keep The Faith Remix of One Sided Lover with vocal from Tami Lavettte.

(surely they are my work and as copy right holder they are mine to post up for all my fans to enjoy)

Ian, I would really appreciate some feedback and ask if you would spare some time to provide a quote which I can use in the sleeve notes for the CD EP "James Trouble presents Northern Soul 2020, 4 future floor filling soul classics, reworked and remastered"?

Your remixes all sound the same :lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Your remixes all sound the same :lol:

Your comment is the most soul destroying bile I have ever had to swallow in the 40 weeks I have been on the northern scene.

I am now ignoring this user.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

So answer me this then James? Just who are these remixes aimed at? Have they ever been played in Happy Hardcore clubs? Have they? Have they? Name just one if they have.

And how are you defining Happy Hardcore? Come on give me your definition? Is that records have been played in HH clubs? Is it? Have any of yours? Which ones then? Name one - go on.

And while we're on about it - what happened to your huge haul of obscure Gabba from Matalan? What records were in it? Give us an example. What mighty bouncy techno classics are going to set the HH scene alight and restore your rightful place as the King of Hardcore? Name one, just one. You can't can you?

Oh yeah. What about those packs of bouncy techno 12s you keep plugging. More than a million pounds worth of records you said. Whart's in them. Come on COME ON. I heard people have been very disapointed. They've been full of old crappy chart techno and uk rereleases of Prodigy covers haven't they?

Happy Hardcore? My arse.

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

So answer me this then James? Just who are these remixes aimed at? Have they ever been played in Happy Hardcore clubs? Have they? Have they? Name just one if they have.

And how are you defining Happy Hardcore? Come on give me your definition? Is that records have been played in HH clubs? Is it? Have any of yours? Which ones then? Name one - go on.

And while we're on about it - what happened to your huge haul of obscure Gabba from Matalan? What records were in it? Give us an example. What mighty bouncy techno classics are going to set the HH scene alight and restore your rightful place as the King of Hardcore? Name one, just one. You can't can you?

Oh yeah. What about those packs of bouncy techno 12s you keep plugging. More than a million pounds worth of records you said. Whart's in them. Come on COME ON. I heard people have been very disapointed. They've been full of old crappy chart techno and uk rereleases of Prodigy covers haven't they?

Happy Hardcore? My arse.

You disgust me, Godzilla.

None of you, with the possible exceptions of the utterly wonderful Ian Levine, have put the creative effort into making records, records which you believe in with every fibre of your being, just to helplessly see them negated for no reason other than my name being attached, and therefore you cannot put yourself into my shoes and imagine how it feels, and you have no idea, in this bitter and depressing time, how utterly utterly utterly unredeemably soul destroying it has become, to the point when I begin to hate logging on to Soul Source to met with such ridicule.

In 100 years time, when people in the future look back, I believe they will see the squabbling and bigotry as the actions of fools who cared nothing for the actual music itself, or were so misguided as to damage it without hope. What Ian and myself are doing will, in the future, be seen as classics and with my remixes bringing Ian's wonderfully uplifting soul classics to the attention of real, open minded music lovers, they will be held up as genre defining uplifting pillars of wonderfulness.

The difference between me and the likes of Godzilla is I do it because I care, and he does it to be mischievous, to cause hurt, and to make more of a controversial name for himself.

Right now I am really disenchanted with Soul Source, and have had quite enough. It hurts too much.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Somebody care for a quick recap,just for me?.What's happened now? :thumbsup: .

James has "remixed" some of Ian's tracks as a p*ss take.

Moderators removed them.

James is now pretending to be upset about people not liking his remixes in the style of Ian.

Social source share

Moderators removed them.

James is now pretending to be upset about people not liking his remixes in the style of Ian.

Ha,got it.

Not missed anything important then.

Social source share

Moderators removed them.

It's probably the funniest thing on here for some time (the dog plus glasses had me laughing out loud), almost missed it as I've been ignoring this thread.

Missed most of the mp3's, seems a bit draconian to have removed them as they are just a bit of fun.

I'll probably get told off for saying this in the wrong bit too, or not being "on topic" whatever that is. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Mmm, mascots, yes isnt it?

Northern Soul with mascots and corporate sponsors mmm

Chairmen of the Board sipping champagne with bootleggers mmm

Trouble mmm, Precocious talent, isn't he? Mmm? Ooh, got it all, you know? Speed, acceleration, sweet right foot, all the tricks - the backdrop, the scratch, the shimmy, nutmeg, jiggery-pokery, hocus pocus, abracadabra, I wanna reach out and grab ya. Steve Miller Band? Spin Doctors? Ooh, very similar.

Diamond formation? Does anyone really know what that is? Is it James' favoured pattern on his Christmas jumper?

Oh, those Detroitans, you know? Circa 1962? Broke the mould. Theory out the window. Free expression of RnB. Uncategorisable. Is that a word? It is now! You know? Far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? Possibly. Dont kick the ball into the flower bed. Squirrels playing with their nuts.

Marvelous.

Social source share

It's probably the funniest thing on here for some time (the dog plus glasses had me laughing out loud), almost missed it as I've been ignoring this thread.

Missed most of the mp3's, seems a bit draconian to have removed them as they are just a bit of fun.

I'll probably get told off for saying this in the wrong bit too, or not being "on topic" whatever that is. :thumbsup:

Edited by KevH
Social source share

You disgust me, Godzilla.

None of you, with the possible exceptions of the utterly wonderful Ian Levine, have put the creative effort into making records, records which you believe in with every fibre of your being, just to helplessly see them negated for no reason other than my name being attached, and therefore you cannot put yourself into my shoes and imagine how it feels, and you have no idea, in this bitter and depressing time, how utterly utterly utterly unredeemably soul destroying it has become, to the point when I begin to hate logging on to Soul Source to met with such ridicule.

In 100 years time, when people in the future look back, I believe they will see the squabbling and bigotry as the actions of fools who cared nothing for the actual music itself, or were so misguided as to damage it without hope. What Ian and myself are doing will, in the future, be seen as classics and with my remixes bringing Ian's wonderfully uplifting soul classics to the attention of real, open minded music lovers, they will be held up as genre defining uplifting pillars of wonderfulness.

The difference between me and the likes of Godzilla is I do it because I care, and he does it to be mischievous, to cause hurt, and to make more of a controversial name for himself.

Right now I am really disenchanted with Soul Source, and have had quite enough. It hurts too much.

:thumbsup:laugh.gif:lol:

Social source share

James do you detest IL so much that at every opportunity you attempt to discredit him or is it simply you have some type of stalking mentality. :thumbsup:

I wish I'd experienced everything he has since 1968, well not everything :lol: The bloke can be arrogant and sycophantic however that should never be misconstrued as being rude, I'd rather perceive him as being supremely confident.

PD

NO, hes extremely Arrogant...no mistake. I think thats a result of him NOT being confident in todays 'soul' scene. Hes so out of touch (Pete lammarr!) that he must feel left out. But thats what you get when you declare the scene dead and go off to produce pop. He has, I must admit, a finely tuned POP ear. But soul?...terrible im afraid.

James comments are a bit of fun, so maybe he shouldL should lighten up a bit and not take himself so seriously! :D

p.s. James's mixes are better! laugh.gif

Social source share

Brilliant, right up there with the Lamarr track for me. I like the frog type thing in the background? Is it live? Can i buy it on 45 and where from? thanks... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Not rubbishing your work at all James but then again I am suffering from a rather severe ear infection at the moment :lol::shades:

Removed the mp3's as they break the site rules as stated on the thread below.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/articles/articles/soul-news/forum-house-rules-r1879

Jobsworth! They are my remixes though, and until refosoul is back up I'm happy for these utterly fabulous pillars of uplifting soul perfection be available for download to all my wonderful fans.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

ask that drop the joke posts

thanks

mike

Is this a new rule for the whole of soul-source, or just this thread? Soul-source with a humor ban would be a bit of a dull place. As I suggested a year ago, perhaps an "All About Levine" section on this site with it's own set of sub rules and with Ian as moderator?

But that's besides the point, I have seen the light, realised the importance of Ian's majestic offerings. I am honored to be able to show my appreciation for his work and pay homage with these remixes.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Ian, I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on some remixes of your work I have been doing? I've just been looking at the 2007 stuff at the moment, paying homage to your work and bringing them a bit more up to date, a bit more 2009, if you know what I mean?

Thanks

JT

Here's "Standing on my own two feet" (James Trouble sprung dance floor mix).

James, we all get it, you don't like Ian, why keep wasting everyone's time by trying to poke him in the eye to get a reaction? Its boring.

Social source share

Guest sunny101
Ian Levine said:
I can't understand what seems to have happened to this thread.

It's like going to a beautiful park which has just had the grass mowed, and then coming back the next day after vandals have moved in and strewn the grass with beer cans, KFC bones, and burger wrappings.

It truly saddened me to log on to this thread tonight. I have better things to do.

" Ooooooo my poor grass !!!!!! "

Social source share

Is this a new rule for the whole of soul-source, or just this thread? Soul-source with a humor ban would be a bit of a dull place. As I suggested a year ago, perhaps an "All About Levine" section on this site with it's own set of sub rules and with Ian as moderator?

But that's besides the point, I have seen the light, realised the importance of Ian's majestic offerings. I am honored to be able to show my appreciation for his work and pay homage with these remixes.

do i really have to explain...

its the same as any other thread

its the same for any member

you have had a laugh

carrying it on now is just coming over as over the top taking the p*ss out of another member

if carry on you are just leaving yourself open to further action

Social source share