Cancelled

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwww underlay.....or somat like that :ohmy: I've taken the news lying down.... :thumbup: Big bumps indeed :g: I'll be stood there blubbing like the rest of 'em.

The best thing to hit Nottingham since Robin Hood galloped through Sherwood Forest in his green tights :thumbup:

I might make a statue of Little Anthony and put him next to Brian Clough near the Market Square :huh:

Hiya Di.......... (I mean speedy gonzalas) or summot like that.......... :ohmy: .............................. its got quite a few people like that.............. we phoned folk to tell them ... the phone went quiet..... then we heard a THUD..... :wicked: .................... PMSL......

Love watching LAI on the you tube clips that people have added on the other thread.......... they are awesome.......(gave the playlist to LAI that was generated off that thread) ....... they are gigging in Florida this weekend and will be announcing our event............... they are very excited about coming to the UK........

Its great for Nottingham but absoulutely fantastic for the Northern Soul Scene................. the support on the 'scene' has been great...... thanks again to the Scottish Soulies............ fantastic support from them................ Northamtpton........... thanks to Del............... St Ives/Huntingdon.... thanks to Steve Phillis and Johnny Fingers...... and our very own Dave Raistrick in Sunny Skeggy................

Tickets are going FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :D

Tracey n Andy

• Replies 184
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Tickets are going FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :thumbup:

Middlesbrough................. WALLY..... will have tickets for sale ............

thanks Wally (Middlesbrough) for your support...greatly appreciated..... :thumbup: .............

Tracey n Andy

just put this on 'our northern souls' site for ya.

just to give it a bit of a plug.

just got to talk the mrs into going to it now.

rupert.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH RUPERT..............

WE REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP.........

Tracey n Andy

Have been trawling youtube and I must say even now they sound like absolute quality nearly cried at some of the tunes

(bloody sissy girl) laugh.gif

Ive posted a couple of clips up on the Facebook group for folks to watch

Mand :lol:

I know what you mean......... 'hurt so bad' in the early days is fab.... and 'hurt so bad' on The recent Letterman Show ....... what can we say........... except..... PASS US THE KLEENEX...........

Ms Boop.......

I'm confused. Doesn't take much :lol:

:thumbsup::thumbup::wave:

Are the Falcons definitely still appearing live?

no we have had to delay this for another time as LAI will be performing for quite a while plus we have Ruby Andrews.............. sorry........ :lol:

I will be at Barrow Hill Saturday night with Palais tickets on sale for anyone that

requires any :thumbsup:

All the best

Steve B

Thanks Steve......... would you PM us and let us know ticket sales to date please......... they are going quick and we need to take stock of what is out there......... ?

Tracey n Andy

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE A TICKET DIRECT WE WILL BE AT

WILTON ALLNIGHTER THIS FRIDAY

&

THE ATTIC ON SATURDAY NIGHT........

Edited by Bettyboop
Guest krawen

Thanks Steve......... would you PM us and let us know ticket sales to date please......... they are going quick and we need to take stock of what is out there......... ?

Tracey n Andy

Pm'd you :thumbsup:

I'm confused. Doesn't take much :)

rolleyes.gif:thumbup::)

no we have had to delay this for another time as LAI will be performing for quite a while plus we have Ruby Andrews.............. sorry........ :D

Care to tell me what you are rolling your eyes at please?

what time will little anthony be on stage? got something on during the day. Not bothered about Ruby, seen her twice and wasn't very good either time, forgot her lines but I'd love to see Little Anthony. Hopefully I'll be at the Wilton on Friday and get a ticket.

what time will little anthony be on stage? got something on during the day. Not bothered about Ruby, seen her twice and wasn't very good either time, forgot her lines but I'd love to see Little Anthony. Hopefully I'll be at the Wilton on Friday and get a ticket.

IT'S GONNA BE A BIG THING and by the sounds of it GONNA BE ABSOLUTELY COLOSSAL. Go you good folks! Not too many sleeps now so get yer tickets sorted or you' ll be sad losers. Just use your head, you know it makes sense. Tried the rest ? now attend the best. Keep it up Tracey and Andy. Best...Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Hey Chalky.......................

they wont be on until after 5pm................................. see ya at Wilton................

Tracey n Andy

Guest Fatius Bumius

:thumbup: Little Anthony's UK Exclusive :lamsey:

"Fifties rhythm and blues stars Little Anthony and the Imperials will headline an all day Northern Soul event in Nottingham next month - one week after being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. Little Anthony and the Imperials, who are celebrating their 50th year in show business, will be flying into the UK from Las Vegas for one appearance....at the Oceana nightspot in Lower Parliament Street.

That's a couple of paragraphs taken from the write up in todays Nottingham Evening Post supplement Essential Guide to What's On Around Nottingham. :no:

Bobby Womack will also be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame on the same day :D

well me tickets are booked got a good deal on a hotel too,(£30.00 for two en suite with brekie in the morning cant be bad) so well chuffed and whats more one of me favs live on stage, get to catch up too with the ole crews from back in the day and a place that was once my place of worship on sundays, pure soul heaven.

well me tickets are booked got a good deal on a hotel too,(£30.00 for two en suite with brekie in the morning cant be bad) so well chuffed and whats more one of me favs live on stage, get to catch up too with the ole crews from back in the day and a place that was once my place of worship on sundays, pure soul heaven.

For anyone looking for accommadation, this just came on yesterday.....

Travel lodge have reduced rates for £19 per double/twin room only....... bargain and only 7mins walk to the venue. :lol:

For anyone looking for accommadation, this just came on yesterday.....

Travel lodge have reduced rates for £19 per double/twin room only....... bargain and only 7mins walk to the venue. thumbsup.gif

WOW thats a good price... :) .................... nice hotel too. :lol: ........................

tickets are going fast.... wicked.gif .................

Tracey n Andy

Guest Tim aka Bob

bin talking to folk and listening to folk and to quote Joan "im confused" can you just confirm the guest line up for this event.

many thanx

please can you tell me how many tickets are left, will anyone be selling them at Prestatyn???, myself and Mr Baby Cakes are always up for a good alldayer and this sounds like a good alldayer :lol:

please can you tell me how many tickets are left, will anyone be selling them at Prestatyn???, myself and Mr Baby Cakes are always up for a good alldayer and this sounds like a good alldayer :unsure:

AS TRACY KEEPS SAYING, IF YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE SO JUST GET YOUR TICKETS BOOKED FOR THE ALLDAYER OF 2009.YOU ALL KNOW IT'S GONNA BE A BIG THING. DON'T MATTER HOW MANY TICKETS ARE LEFT AS LONG AS YOU GET YOURS. SEE YOU ON THE 13TH. TONY T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

please can you tell me how many tickets are left, will anyone be selling them at Prestatyn???, myself and Mr Baby Cakes are always up for a good alldayer and this sounds like a good alldayer thumbup.gif

Hi baby cakes if you like will send a few up to prestatyn with my step son young brett he's a soul source member as i am unable to attend :thumbup::thumbup:

Hi

I been looking for whole list of DJ's for this event, must be on here somewhere but can't find them, so can anyone one tell what modern DJ's are DJing in the modern room.

Thanks

Barry

please can you tell me how many tickets are left, will anyone be selling them at Prestatyn???, myself and Mr Baby Cakes are always up for a good alldayer and this sounds like a good alldayer thumbup.gif

Yes I will be...i am attending on the Saturday night only....but should be there from around 4 onwards..okay...Delxxxx

OK - I'm a newbie here - but at the request of Tracey and Andy decided to join to voice my thoughts on LAI coming to the UK to play their event.

NO - I am not one of the promoters - but I am in the groups touring band - and the group is looking forward to coming to the UK.

YES - there are lots of details that go into planning an event like this and it's not something that JUST happened. Tracey and Andy contacted us before the holidays but there were lots of logistics to be looked at and such before arrangements could start to become finalized.

They are taking on something HUGE - and should be commended for doing so. Granted - if they were full time promoters they may have handled some things better - but they are a couple that LOVES soul music that had a dream about bringing LAI to the UK and are working very hard to make it happen.

As for the 'TV simulcast' idea - that came from me. I got the idea from the R&R Hall of Fame. The tickets for the induction ceremony sold out in 3 hours - so they decided to offer tickets to watch the event live on screens at the Hall of Fame for a discounted price.

It was just a suggestion - but it seems like Tracey and Andy want to limit the tickets to 1,500. to be sure that anyone that has one of those 1,500 tickets is in th eroom where the group will be playing.

Whether or not they decide to add tickets for a simulcast is up to them.

They are also working on arranging a 'meet & greet' with the band where fans will have a chance to get signed CD's and / or pictures.

They have made us aware of some of the songs that are popular in the UK that we haven't done here in the US and we're working on adding some of those to the show.

We're hoping this will be our FIRST trip of many 'accross the pond' and we thank Tracey and Andy for helping to make it happen. We would love to return to the UK and we are looking forward to hitting more parts of Europe as well.

Jason from THERE'S THAT BEAT magazine attended our show in Florida last weekend and did an interview with some of the guys. They also plan to review the new CD and attend the show April 13 and then do a full story (possibly a COVER story) on the group.

We're trying to line up other 'surprises' as well too. No matter what though - it will be a memorable event. To us and them - it's about getting the group there to PERFORM FOR THE FANS.

It is something HUGE they are doing - especially since they are NOT 'promoters'... but kudos to them for having the courage and integrity to put themselves on the line the way they have.

I look forward to playing for and meeting many of you soon - and will try to post more 'promotional tidbits' soon.

Thanx

Eric Mauriello

LAI touring bassist

Dont forget Tickets will be on sale this Weekend at Annesley for this great alldayer

so get yourself there with Tracy & Andy and there freind Johnny Fingers

see you there Pete T.

TICKETS WILL ALSO BE ON SALE AT PRESTATYN just see Del* Nubian75soulsis.........

OK - I'm a newbie here - but at the request of Tracey and Andy decided to join to voice my thoughts on LAI coming to the UK to play their event.

NO - I am not one of the promoters - but I am in the groups touring band - and the group is looking forward to coming to the UK.

YES - there are lots of details that go into planning an event like this and it's not something that JUST happened. Tracey and Andy contacted us before the holidays but there were lots of logistics to be looked at and such before arrangements could start to become finalized.

They are taking on something HUGE - and should be commended for doing so. Granted - if they were full time promoters they may have handled some things better - but they are a couple that LOVES soul music that had a dream about bringing LAI to the UK and are working very hard to make it happen.

As for the 'TV simulcast' idea - that came from me. I got the idea from the R&R Hall of Fame. The tickets for the induction ceremony sold out in 3 hours - so they decided to offer tickets to watch the event live on screens at the Hall of Fame for a discounted price.

It was just a suggestion - but it seems like Tracey and Andy want to limit the tickets to 1,500. to be sure that anyone that has one of those 1,500 tickets is in th eroom where the group will be playing.

Whether or not they decide to add tickets for a simulcast is up to them.

They are also working on arranging a 'meet & greet' with the band where fans will have a chance to get signed CD's and / or pictures.

They have made us aware of some of the songs that are popular in the UK that we haven't done here in the US and we're working on adding some of those to the show.

We're hoping this will be our FIRST trip of many 'accross the pond' and we thank Tracey and Andy for helping to make it happen. We would love to return to the UK and we are looking forward to hitting more parts of Europe as well.

Jason from THERE'S THAT BEAT magazine attended our show in Florida last weekend and did an interview with some of the guys. They also plan to review the new CD and attend the show April 13 and then do a full story (possibly a COVER story) on the group.

We're trying to line up other 'surprises' as well too. No matter what though - it will be a memorable event. To us and them - it's about getting the group there to PERFORM FOR THE FANS.

It is something HUGE they are doing - especially since they are NOT 'promoters'... but kudos to them for having the courage and integrity to put themselves on the line the way they have.

I look forward to playing for and meeting many of you soon - and will try to post more 'promotional tidbits' soon.

Thanx

Eric Mauriello

LAI touring bassist

Hi Eric

There are many of us here looking forward to seeing what can only be described as iconic legends that is Little Anthony and the Imperials, in a venue which was a big part of many peoples northern soul history, some of which first heard the likes of 'Better Use Your Head' for example, which led us to go away and find the other soulful tunes that were recorded by them. Many of which means a personal something to someone.

Andy and Tracy have indeed done a fantastic job in responding to the request for a reunion to take place at the palais and the response from the soul scene will be evident on the day, something which you will experience for yourself when on stage, the atmosphere I can personally guarantee will indeed be something that many other soul artists from the states cannot believe when they perform their past hits to the soul fans of the UK. You will be overwhelmed with the friendliness and the warmth that only the soul scene here can produce and we know the songs we cherish so much, word for word, and no doubt the experience will instigate many happy memories for yourselves too.

Personally I have been looking forward to the reunion since its infancy with or without live artists, and for it to be organised by 2 people who havent been influenced by corporate business, but have been 'led' by the scene itself makes it even more special knowing that quite simply its all about the music that matters, and to have the great Ruby Andrews and Little Anthony and the Imperials there too is just the iconic icing on the cake for me.

So bring on the day itself, my hotel is booked, my tickets bought and there is space in my mind for the memories.

Notts Palais Reunion 2009 'You have to be there'

Dawn x

Guest TONY ROUNCE

GLAD TO SEE ROUNCEY AND HIS CREW ARE GONNA BE THERE. QUITE A TRIP UP FROM THE SMOKE , WELL DONE MATE. IT'S GETTING NEARER, NOT TOO MANY SLEEPS NOW. TONY T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

I actually live a few miles south of 'The Smoke' mate, but not as far south as you do obviously. A 600 mile round trip is nothing compared to what you will be undertaking! Tickets are purchased, car has been serviced and MOT'd and will hopefully get us there and back, game on!

I actually live a few miles south of 'The Smoke' mate, but not as far south as you do obviously. A 600 mile round trip is nothing compared to what you will be undertaking! Tickets are purchased, car has been serviced and MOT'd and will hopefully get us there and back, game on!

Could'nt agree more Tone. What's an m.o.t. ? MY TRANSPORT WILL BE A BIG SILVER THING WITH WINGS AND HOPEFULLY BEAUTIFUL LOOKING AIR HOSTESSES WITH THE MOSTEST. Now that could be a pun for your mot lol. 12000 miles and gonna be worth every one of em'. Can't wait. Come and see me for a beer, it's been about 30 years since we last spoke.Think it was at a Peterborogh allnighter sometime around 1975. Memories are fantastic ain't they? Anyway mate stay soulful, see you in 4 weeks.

Regards Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

All you Scottish Soulies attending Prestatyn.... if you have not got your tickets, shout out for "DEL" and she will sort you out...... For those who are not going, I will be at Bonnyrigg this Saturday with tickets, and having a great time to boot. :thumbsup:

Phyllis

Edited by philly
Guest Byrney

I'm confused. Doesn't take much :P

:thumbsup::ohmy::lol:

no we have had to delay this for another time as LAI will be performing for quite a while plus we have Ruby Andrews.............. sorry........ :thumbup:

That's a shame I was looking forward to the Falcons and as much as its a coup with LAI I personally would have preferred the falcons. But from what I can see from others I'm in the minority. Hope it goes well for you.

All you Scottish Soulies attending Prestatyn.... if you have not got your tickets, shout out for "DEL" and she will sort you out...... For those who are not going, I will be at Bonnyrigg this Saturday with tickets, and having a great time to boot. :ohmy:

Phyllis

Thanks Phyllis....like i said i shall be there from early evening onwards.. :thumbsup: ...Delxxxx

Not long now to what will be one of the events of 2009 really looking forward to it be great to see some of my old notts comrades again :lol::D:D

Anyone else think it a little odd that the promoters of this event haven't been on to post?

Nice to see you at the weekend Steve... albeit only a wave across the dance floor :D