Cancelled

OK - let me start to shed some more light in this topic.

You can take what I say with a bit more validity then those that are 'speculating' because I am part of LAI. I am the groups touring bassist.

I posted here previously - and was looking forward to coming here and helping in the promotion of the event, but alas that will not happen.

The QUICK answer for those that are looking for it is... LAI will NOT be performing at The Palais on April 13.

As for why Tracey and Andy haven't been on the boards to answer questions about this -- it's probably becasue they were trying to do anything they could to make the date happen.

No one in LAI harbors any bad feelings towards them and I hope the people here aren't too tough on them.

They are NOT promoters... we knew that from the start - but they do truly LOVE the music and were trying to do something that hadn't been done before. Even though they were enthusiastic - I think their inexperience in promoting an event quickly caught up to them - and then spiraled out of control.

I have been in regular contact with Tracey - and we were trying to do all we could to work out necessary details - but as mentioned by a few people here there is A LOT that goes into planning any event - especially one that involves bringing a group the size of LAI to the UK.

Rest assured LAI 'WILL COME TO THE UK' - just not in April. We have been in contact with other promoters and people at radio stations and magazines - so we know even the 'mention' of LAI coming there has created quite a buzz. I know there are some other promoters that frequent the boards here as well, so if any of you want to contact us -- feel free to do so. Heck we want to play the UK as much as you guys will have us! Anyone promoting shows elsewhere in Europe... once we're accross the ocean - why not play more dates in Europe?? I can be reached at promo@littleanthonyandtheimperials.net

So - again - it is with deep regret that I say LAI WILL NOT BE PERFORMING AT THE PALAIS ON APRIL 13.

I'm sure Tracey and Andy will be on to update people on refunds, etc.

I'll again ask people to not be too tough on them. Yes, they tried to do something that was a bit too big for them... and they are now paying the price. I know that they postponed their wedding to do this, and that they were 'just trying to break even' from the event - just so they could bring LAI there. Unfortunately, that may have been their biggest problem.

So we're dissappointed - I know those that had tickets are disappointed - and I know Tracey and Andy are not only disappointed - but feel sick about it... so try to take it easy on them.

It's people like them that LOVE soul music so much that make us really want to come there - and we will! One of the other things that Tracey was working to make sure of - was that we played some of the songs that are not part of our normal show -- and we were working on adding a couple to the set that night.

To any promoters that are planning to bring us over there... I think Tracey and Andy can be a great help in getting the word out and helping you promote the event once details are worked out... they LOVE soul music - but they're not promoters.

Now that I am a member here - I know where to come when we do have a UK show confirmed.

Thanx for 'listening'

Eric Mauriello - LAI touring bassist

=========

well done for andy and tracey for at least giving it a go.......

• Replies 184
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest madkev

as an ex promoter myself, i can understand the logistics nightmare of this type of event, however by your silence ( andy and tracy ) , you are not helping matters by not talking to folk, these are the people who have purchased tickets to what would of been a good show , i myself have not got tickets as in my opinion is not a true reflection of the old palias days, ; ie no bali hai room or jazz funk, or bali hai dj,s, but you really need to talk to ticket holders some who have booked hotels and many travelling distances and some overseas , with only a short time to go, these folk will not get refunds and stand to lose money so stand up and take it on the chin like a lot of us in the past have,you can pm me if you dont wanna face the masses, but you have to shortly before it really gets out of hand regards kev

TRANDY PROMOTIONS

Would like to issue the following statement...

It is with great disappointment and regret that we have had to take the decision to announce the cancellation of "The Northern Soul & Motown" All-dayer featuring "LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS" & "RUBY ANDREWS" Scheduled for "Monday 13th April 2009" due to circumstances beyond our control... We would also like to add that this was in no way related to any form of breakdown between ourselves & the aforementioned artistes...

The non appearance is a result of the cancellation of the event...

We would like to apologise to all who have supported us on this venture & in particular all those who have purchased tickets... A full refund will be given upon receipt of returned tickets... please email palaisevent@live.co.uk for further details of how/where to obtain refunds...

Once again we deeply apologise for inconvenience caused to all concerned....

We particularly offer our most sincere apologies to "RUBY ANDREWS" & "LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS" Who from the offset have been pillars of support to us...

Thank-you Andy / Tracey

That is just what needed to be written. :D

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

as an ex promoter myself, i can understand the logistics nightmare of this type of event, however by your silence ( andy and tracy ) , you are not helping matters by not talking to folk, these are the people who have purchased tickets to what would of been a good show , i myself have not got tickets as in my opinion is not a true reflection of the old palias days, ; ie no bali hai room or jazz funk, or bali hai dj,s, but you really need to talk to ticket holders some who have booked hotels and many travelling distances and some overseas , with only a short time to go, these folk will not get refunds and stand to lose money so stand up and take it on the chin like a lot of us in the past have,you can pm me if you dont wanna face the masses, but you have to shortly before it really gets out of hand regards kev

Give em time Kev....i am pretty sure that once they are ready they will..at the moment ..i should imagine that they are pretty upset....they are not false money grabbers ..their hearts were in the right place....but circumstances were against em...there are lessons to be learned from this ...of which i am sure they will take on board and come back and prove their detractors wrong :D ..I personally think that it is a shame for the scene that it has been cancelled ...but respcest the Promoters descion....no one said it would be easy....Delxxxx

Guest madkev

i agree , all i was trying to say was just let folks now either way and now they have, i feel sorry as i know myself what its like dealing with events in the notts area , i know they will be upset so lets just hope folks get there money back or maybe even just run it as an all dayer and give those with tickets money back as they enter kev

Hello my little freak friend

They've stated that it's the event thats cancelled not the acts so the dayer is not an option surely

John

Right then

Sooo

Time to ask questions now that has been posted officially.

Why is the dayer itself cancelled??? as this was originally advertised as a 'reunion all dayer' this was before the acts were announced if memory serves me right.

Right then

Sooo

Time to ask questions now that has been posted officially.

Why is the dayer itself cancelled??? as this was originally advertised as a 'reunion all dayer' this was before the acts were announced if memory serves me right.

=====

agree,,shud be better without a live band,,,keep the event on!!!!

=====

agree,,shud be better without a live band,,,keep the event on!!!!

Well...why dont folk let em know that??...i for one was looking forward to making a weekend of it ..RUGBY....Saturday night ...THE PALAIS ,EASTER MONDAY...what a way to start the first Bank Holiday of the year eh....( got stronger painkillers for my dodgy knees..so means that i can dance to 3 reordss back to back instead of 1 and a bit :D )....Delxxxx

Guest charnley

Someone in Notts put a bloody dayer on, theres a load of us got digs booked :D

Thats not a bad idea But lets wait and see the why the alldayer as been cancelled, Everyone must have been or thinking of going to venues thats been

dropped within a few weeks of happening due to problems with venues or artists so give them a say without all this snipe at lease they had ago. Most are older enough to know better and seen enough over the years to understand what its like trying to run a venue or club to keep everyone happy IT JUST DOES NOT WORK

More knifes in the back than shakes of the hand nowdays, some northern soul scene we have today Bodge

Thats not a bad idea But lets wait and see the why the alldayer as been cancelled, Everyone must have been or thinking of going to venues thats been

dropped within a few weeks of happening due to problems with venues or artists so give them a say without all this snipe at lease they had ago. Most are older enough to know better and seen enough over the years to understand what its like trying to run a venue or club to keep everyone happy IT JUST DOES NOT WORK

More knifes in the back than shakes of the hand nowdays, some northern soul scene we have today Bodge

Nicely put...mate..nicely put :D ...Delxxxxx

Guest charnley

Guest GazArcher

VERY SAD INDEED THAT THIS EVENT IS LONGER TO BE.

I HAVE SPOKEN TO ANDY TODAY OVER THE PHONE AND BELIEVE ME HE SOUNDED VERY UPSET BY IT ALL, SO MUCH SO THAT I FELT UNCOMFORTABLE TO ASK TO MUCH ABOUT WHY THIS HAS HAPPENED.

THEY BOTH MUST FEEL GUTTED AFTER ALL THE EFFORT AND EXPENSE BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL LEARN FROM IT AND COME BACK STRONGER.

WHAT I THINK WOULD HELP THEM NOW, AND HOPEFULLY RESCUE SOMETHING FROM ALL THIS, WOULD BE IF THE "REUNION ALLDAYER" COULD SOME HOW CARRY ON. I THINK IT WAS MAD MANDY, (HI MANDS), WHO SAID THAT SHE HAD PAID HER £15 BEFORE ANY ARTIST HAD BEEN BOOKED SO THERE IS A MARKET FOR THIS. AND DON'T FORGET THE DJ LINE UP ON THE FLYERS, IF THEY ARE STILL PREPARED TO GIG AT THIS EVENT, WOULD GAURANTEE A FULL HOUSE SO IF IT CAN BE SALVAGED I THINK ITS WORTH A TRY.

SO LETS TRY AND BE POSITIVE AND SEE IF COLLECTIVELY SOMETHING CAN BE SORTED.

BRAVE TRY ANDY & TRACY, CAN'T BE KNOCKED FOR THAT, BUT ITS TIME TO GET BACK ON THAT HORSE AND TRY IF POSSIBLE TO RESCUE THE ALLDAYER. YOU WILL HAVE THE SUPPORT OF THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB IF YOU NEED IT.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

KTF

GAZA

Guest charnley

I HAVE SPOKEN TO ANDY TODAY OVER THE PHONE AND BELIEVE ME HE SOUNDED VERY UPSET BY IT ALL, SO MUCH SO THAT I FELT UNCOMFORTABLE TO ASK TO MUCH ABOUT WHY THIS HAS HAPPENED.

THEY BOTH MUST FEEL GUTTED AFTER ALL THE EFFORT AND EXPENSE BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL LEARN FROM IT AND COME BACK STRONGER.

WHAT I THINK WOULD HELP THEM NOW, AND HOPEFULLY RESCUE SOMETHING FROM ALL THIS, WOULD BE IF THE "REUNION ALLDAYER" COULD SOME HOW CARRY ON. I THINK IT WAS MAD MANDY, (HI MANDS), WHO SAID THAT SHE HAD PAID HER £15 BEFORE ANY ARTIST HAD BEEN BOOKED SO THERE IS A MARKET FOR THIS. AND DON'T FORGET THE DJ LINE UP ON THE FLYERS, IF THEY ARE STILL PREPARED TO GIG AT THIS EVENT, WOULD GAURANTEE A FULL HOUSE SO IF IT CAN BE SALVAGED I THINK ITS WORTH A TRY.

BRAVE TRY ANDY & TRACY, CAN'T BE KNOCKED FOR THAT, BUT ITS TIME TO GET BACK ON THAT HORSE AND TRY IF POSSIBLE TO RESCUE THE ALLDAYER. YOU WILL HAVE THE SUPPORT OF THE DRIVING BEAT SOUL CLUB IF YOU NEED IT.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

KTF

GAZA

Hi Gaz well said mate

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

KTF

GAZA

I am sure that both Tracey and Andy would appreciate this gesture...lovely folk ...really nice genuine folk...and what a lovely positive post..Delxxxx

Guest Hunnymon

I very much doubt that we will ever get to know the real reason.

I have to say that I was more that a little worried when the newspaper clip appeared stating that Little Anthony had replied to an e-mail personally that Tracey had sent to their LAI website and arranged the gig themslves.

I would reckon that LAI are a very proffesional outfit and as we all know proffesionals use agents to book gigs, not themselves.

have to agree come on andy lets see if you can keep the dayer your overheds wont be as much now :D

have to agree come on andy lets see if you can keep the dayer your overheds wont be as much now :D

Yes Steve ....shall we usher the soulies in eh :D .....and yes ...with overheads reduced,,i bet it would still be a booss do....oh sorry ..been spending my time with too many teenagers...would still be groovy and happening!!!!.....there is still time isnt there???!!!..Delxxxxxx

Guest charnley

Yes Steve ....shall we usher the soulies in eh laugh.gif .....and yes ...with overheads reduced,,i bet it would still be a booss do....oh sorry ..been spending my time with too many teenagers...would still be groovy and happening!!!!.....there is still time isnt there???!!!..Delxxxxxx

Why not if not the palais some where else ????????? got my support as always plus others just ask.. bodge

Guest charnley

come on, lets keep this event open!! i booked before the acts were announced. this was looking to be a fab event so lets try to keep the show on the road .

besides, its been bloody yrs since i saw Steve (speedlimit) on the dance floor in nottingham

Ian as you can remember the palais was the dogs bullocks for dayers Then others followed, The dayers where as good as any alnigther when you needed some where to go on a bank holiday sunday / monday after a nighter ? ( good times ) andy c

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

KTF

GAZA

Hiya Gaz!

I've just got home from work to read that the whole event is cancelled sad.gif

It is a great shame that the dayer itself can't go a head ..you're right it was me that said I bought tickets for this before artistes were booked and would still attend even if there weren't any artistes. .

Also it was mine and sister Dawns dream for it to happen in the first place

If Tracey and Andy feel they can't go ahead with it we should try to find someone who will go ahead with what they tried to achieve so the hard work they have put in wasn't in vain.

would have still like the venue to be the palais tho... it wouldn't be the same for me otherwise

I'm gutted that the Notts collective won't have a day where all its soul clubs will be represented in one almighty celebration in one place not to mention all the other soulies from all over the country who kept the faith with us in that building for dayers and nighters

Maybe it was too big for its own good

Saddened

Mand

Hiya Gaz!

I've just got home from work to read that the whole event is cancelled sad.gif

It is a great shame that the dayer itself can't go a head ..you're right it was me that said I bought tickets for this before artistes were booked and would still attend even if there weren't any artistes. .

Also it was mine and sister Dawns dream for it to happen in the first place

If Tracey and Andy feel they can't go ahead with it we should try to find someone who will go ahead with what they tried to achieve so the hard work they have put in wasn't in vain.

would have still like the venue to be the palais tho... it wouldn't be the same for me otherwise

I'm gutted that the Notts collective won't have a day where all its soul clubs will be represented in one almighty celebration in one place not to mention all the other soulies from all over the country who kept the faith with us in that building for dayers and nighters

Maybe it was too big for its own good

Saddened

Mand

Dead right Mandy, i'm still travelling from Australia so have emailed Tracy and Andy to try and persuade them to carry on with the dayer despite whats happened. I reckon there would be more soulies attend anyway without the artists. So c'mon guy's. WHO WANTS THE ALLDAYER TO GO AHEAD ?? There must be some promoter out there to take it on if Tracy and Andy feel they can't do it for whatever reason. It's been advertised, flyers are out all over the U.K. so it's 90% there. I'm on my way !!!!! Positive comments or replies to this please, lifes too bloody short to bear grudges. Stay soulful, see yas in a fortnight. Tony T BONE Edgley, the Aussie Invader. K.T.F.

Andy and Tracy

If your reading this guys, don't be cancelling the Palais, like I said in my other post many of us were coming prior to the acts being announced. We've got folk coming from all the world, theres the guys from Oz and me mate from New Zealand. Many of us have got hotels and B and B's booked, I for one haven't cancelled mine yet and Im sure a few others haven't either. This was about the Palais, not the acts. We're not interested in big fat cat promotors getting all the bloody glory when LAI ''come to the uk within 18 months'' We were supporting the memory of what was a fantastic venue and who better to do it then having two of our own. We know your gonna be upset with all the time, money and effort that you have put into this, as well as promoting your regular night, you've come this far, take the odd knifes out of your backs, dust yourselves down and take a deep breath and carry on with what you set out to do in the first place.

If it can be salvaged then lets do it with the beloved vinyl only.

Dawn

SORRY - NO. THE PEOPLE PUTTING THIS TOGETHER COULD NOT COME UP WITH PAYMENT FOR THE GIG. Brenda Collins - Executive Admin

LITTLE ANTHONY AND THE IMPERIALS In a message dated 3/18/2009 1:23:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, :

Hi guys
there is a lot of speculation about a gig in Nottingham England around the 13th April 2009
Simple question -no politics or hidden agenda
ARE YOU APPEARING AT THIS GIG ?
YES or NO

SORRY - NO. THE PEOPLE PUTTING THIS TOGETHER COULD NOT COME UP WITH PAYMENT FOR THE GIG.
Brenda Collins - Executive Admin

LITTLE ANTHONY AND THE IMPERIALS

There is the answer in Black , white and
RED
copied and pasted from an e-mail I received.Nothing to do with the Venue cancelling.

Rob

Sad really, but some comments on here are a bit harsh, they tried and failed but at least they gave it a go :) , whatever the reason i,m sure it would have been a great day out.

Just goes to show how hard it is to put on big events, i know some who do get ripped to shreds on here but they still put on massive events that go ahead and get packed out which is a credit to them really, nothing much goes to plan these days so give some credit to Tracy & Andy for at least having the balls to try :) would scare the pants off me trying to put on anything more then my monthly local night :D .

A shame but thanks for trying guys !

Ian.

Guest soulfullbabe
:) Oh dear wasnt expecting this. I suppose it was a case of bitten off more than could chew. Palaise all dayers didnt all have artists appearing just some of the greatist djs playing. Perhaps there should of been a year of homework and an alldayer based on just djs playing see how that would of gone down my guess it would of been a great event, but there is still time to put this event on. So Andy and Tracey pick yourselves up dust yourselves down and still give NOTTINGHAM the alldayer that it so desparetly needs. Diane.

Have to laugh...people who come on here now saying how SORRY its not happening and this that and the other..where were you with some support before it went tits up :lol: One of the main problems Tracey and Andy had was lack of support from the very city they live in..its a disgrace..why oh why people in this city (notts) have such a bad opinion of these two is beyond me..alot of people dont even know them i suspect and just go on rumours and choose not to like them..... :lol::lol::ohmy:

Have to laugh...people who come on here now saying how SORRY its not happening and this that and the other..where were you with some support before it went tits up :lol: One of the main problems Tracey and Andy had was lack of support from the very city they live in..its a disgrace..why oh why people in this city (notts) have such a bad opinion of these two is beyond me..alot of people dont even know them i suspect and just go on rumours and choose not to like them..... :lol::lol::ohmy:

email recieved from tracy a week ago after enquiring if we could buy tickets on the door

'Hi.... sorry but we cannot reserve them for collection at the door and we reckon that there definately be no sales on the door as we think that it will be sold out by the end of next week..

paypal will be up and running no later than wednesday this week......

Wam wishes

Tracey n Andy'

sold out ??? umm

Have to laugh...people who come on here now saying how SORRY its not happening and this that and the other..where were you with some support before it went tits up :lol: One of the main problems Tracey and Andy had was lack of support from the very city they live in..its a disgrace..why oh why people in this city (notts) have such a bad opinion of these two is beyond me..alot of people dont even know them i suspect and just go on rumours and choose not to like them..... :lol::ohmy::lol:

I know,...I think it's fooking disgusting..bet they are all sat on the fence happy eh...yeah i have seen all the arguments and the so called justifications...and part of it is ..yes inexperience...and optimisim was probalbly in part for the faliure of the project..but the fact is ..their heart was in the right place...there was a request to put a Dayer on at the old Palais ..and they came forward to try..but that was enough to get certain folks back up..well i hope they are all happy now..applaud yerselfs :lol:..

I know,...I think it's fooking disgusting..bet they are all sat on the fence happy eh...yeah i have seen all the arguments and the so called justifications...and part of it is ..yes inexperience...and optimisim was probalbly in part for the faliure of the project..but the fact is ..their heart was in the right place...there was a request to put a Dayer on at the old Palais ..and they came forward to try..but that was enough to get certain folks back up..well i hope they are all happy now..applaud yerselfs :lol:..

Bang on...the LAI was a bit too much and was a late decision..fair enough but there was not much support for just the dayer to be honest...even some of the djs were slagging it off but i bet they would have been there at the end with their hands out :lol:

Guest GazArcher

Bang on...the LAI was a bit too much and was a late decision..fair enough but there was not much support for just the dayer to be honest...even some of the djs were slagging it off but i bet they would have been there at the end with their hands out :lol:

QUITE RIGHT, EXCEPT THOSE OF US THAT WERE PLAYING JUST FOR THE GREAT OPPORTUNITY OF HAVING DJ'ED AT THE PALAIS, THAT WAS PAYMENT ENOUGH :lol: YOU CPULDN'T PUT A PRICE ON THAT AND I WOULD GLADLY MAKE A DONATION TO A CHARITY JUST FOR THE PRIVALIGE OF PLAYING THE PALAIS....STILL MIGHT HAPPEN?????????