Sandi Sheldon Okeh Info

Whilst checking out a few records that I've had sitting around since the year dot, I came across Sandi Sheldon. Ovenchips values at £600 for the version with large 45 on label & £30 for version with small 45 on. I of course have the version with the small 45 on!

Is my version a legit re-issue. Its properly stamped up on the run out grooves, but the label is not that well stuck onto the record (looks like air bubbles got in there).

Also in the box was Major Lance - You Don't Want Me No More. The guide doesn't distinguish between large & small 45s on this one. So I assume that it was only issued the once?

Thanks for help.

Col.

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Whilst checking out a few records that I've had sitting around since the year dot, I came across Sandi Sheldon. Ovenchips values at £600 for the version with large 45 on label & £30 for version with small 45 on. I of course have the version with the small 45 on!

Is my version a legit re-issue. Its properly stamped up on the run out grooves, but the label is not that well stuck onto the record (looks like air bubbles got in there).

Also in the box was Major Lance - You Don't Want Me No More. The guide doesn't distinguish between large & small 45s on this one. So I assume that it was only issued the once?

Thanks for help.

Col.

link

Both records issue legally twice. Once on LARGE 45 (Original), once on small 45, 70s Legal Reissue.

Regards,

Dave

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Guest miff

As did one of the Vibrations 45s.... think it was "Gonna Get Along Without You" if my memory serves me well..

WOOF!

link

Along with Billy Butler, Little Richard, Williams & Watson , and more and also Booted, The only way to be sure is large 45 and Stamped Ive got coppies with large 45 and with the Number etched, all Demos, carnt seem to get a definitve answer on these, people say its a boot then offer to take them off my hands :thumbsup: so now i only buy large 45 and stamped no matter what the seller tells me Not saying anybodys wrong it just stops people arguing about it.

Social source share

Along with Billy Butler, Little Richard, Williams & Watson , and more and also Booted, The only way to be sure is large 45 and Stamped Ive got coppies  with large 45 and with the Number etched, all Demos, carnt seem to get a definitve answer on these, people say its a boot then offer to take them off my hands  :thumbsup: so now i only buy large 45 and stamped no matter what the seller tells me Not saying anybodys wrong it just stops people arguing about it.

link

The booted demos are obvious.... the print is poor and the labels dont look right....

I've had Little Richard "I Don't Wanna Discuss It" and Walter Jackson "Where Have All The Flowers Gone" both like this...

WOOF!

Social source share

Guest miff

Aren't all the boot demos on vinyl instead of styrene?

link

No as mine are styrene, all very confusing, there was a simler thred all about a billy butler " right track on okeh issue a while back with a scan. Sorry should of added the styrene in original reply To be honist ive not seen any thing on okeh on vinyl, all my originals, 2nd issues are on styrene Be it a demo or issues carnt say about the new boots about as ive never seen one.

Social source share

The booted demos are obvious.... the print is poor and the labels dont look right....

I've had Little Richard "I Don't Wanna Discuss It" and Walter Jackson "Where Have All The Flowers Gone" both like this...

WOOF!

link

yes they are pretty obvious but another giveaway on some of the boot promos is a small black circle,this is actually the drill hole of the original record and when photocopied appears as a black spot the size of the drillhole

said soussan as he was packing the boxes 'ah nobody will noticce zis,zey all high on drugs' :thumbsup:

Social source share

yes they are pretty obvious but another giveaway on some of the boot promos is a small black circle,this is actually the drill hole of the original record and when photocopied appears as a black spot the size of the drillhole

said soussan as he was packing the boxes 'ah nobody will noticce zis,zey all high on drugs' :thumbsup:

link

I'm pretty sure that the new boots have you don't want me no more on the flip

Social source share

Remember them purple vinal promo`s,twenty years ago £3 boot,now 100% real with prices to match,thats okeh for you!.

Social source share

Guest miff

I think this is a boot maybe someone can confirm this for me, as ive been asked to sell this on many an ocasion, by people telling me its a boot, just makes me sceptical. The matrix No is scratced in and its on styrene

Social source share

I think this is a boot maybe someone can confirm this for me, as ive been asked to sell this on many an ocasion, by people telling me its a boot, just makes me sceptical. The matrix No is scratced in and its on styrene

link

That's real

Social source share

Guest miff

link

Once told a Demo with a drill hole spells dodgey, as the drill whole was put in on records after they had been unsold. Records were sold to the shops on a, sale or retun, if it didnt sell you got youre money back, all the returns where then BB and sold off cheep, as is

Demos were all give aways and as such were not in the loop to get returned

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert