Another Charity Benefits From

The Torch Reunion Agenda 24th Oct 2009

Ian Levine, Kev Roberts and Chris Porter (SEE BELOW) now added to the Torch Reunion Line Up

Doors open 1400hrs ie 2pm

2 to 2-30 Ozz

2-30 to 3 Swish

3-to 3-30 Poke

3-30 to 4 Tony Dellar

4- 4-30 Ian Cunliffe

4-30 to 5 Chris Lalor

5 to 5-30 Nige Brown

5-30 to 6 Pat Wallace

6- 6-30 Chris Porter (Martyn Ellis's Son)

6-30 to 7 PD

7to 7-30 Kev Roberts

7 30 to 8-30 blue max

8-30 -to 9-30 Evo

9-30- to 10-30 Colin Curtis

10-30- to 12-00 Ian Levine

Due to the inclusion of Ian Levine, Kev Roberts and Chris Porter there will now be no 6pm closure a per the ticket and website. The bar however will be closed for one hour between 6-7 so they can stock up for the evening session...

Agenda

1pm The Hose Street meet up...for those that want to, Jez, Malc and myself will be under the Torch Plaque Hose St Tunstall, (the site of The Torch) for a team photo, silly handshakes and just one more chance to drive the local residents bonkers, then at 1-45pm a 5 min stroll to The Ryan Hall

2pm to 6-30..."Torchites Together", 9 ex Torchites who will be digging deep and hopefully pull out some Hose St gems that have all but been forgotten.

6-30 to 7...Tribute to Martyn Ellis... who can ever forget those immortal words from a DJ synonymous with The Torch All-Nighter....."that's what you call a typical Martyn Ellis cock-up, don't record that for goodness sake, you'll get me sent down" Chris Porter , Martyn's son, who incidentally lives only two streets away from Hose St will be playing 10 of his ole mans favourite records.

7- 7-30 MC for the Night Mr Kev Roberts will put his slant on the night with some facts about the Torch whilst playing some of his all time favourites.

7-30 to 12...4 ½ hrs of mayhem Blue Max. Dave Evison Colin Curtis plus a 90min set from Ian Levine

DVD...Andy Holroyd......has kindly offered to record the event FOC from the meet at Hose Street to its conclusion. Inc interviews with the dj's and ex torchites who will chat about what some regard as the greatest underground UK soul venue of all time plus edited footage of dancing etc

.Register now for a limited edition copy of the Torch Reunion CD and save £5 email Jez Jones at soulmeister@ntlworld.com,

ALL PROCCEDS TO OUR NOMINATED CHARITYS.

Regards PD

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

• Replies 910
  • Views 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Torch Reunion Agenda 24th Oct 2009

2 to 2-30 Ozz

2-30 to 3 Swish

3-to 3-30 Poke

3-30 to 4 Tony Dellar

4- 4-30 Ian Cunliffe

4-30 to 5 Chris Lalor

5 to 5-30 Nige Brown

5-30 to 6 Pat Wallace

2pm to 6-30..."Torchites Together", 9 ex Torchites who will be digging deep and hopefully pull out some Hose St gems that have all but been forgotten.

I can see it now ........

The NS scene's equivelent to a poker tournament - " come on big lad , show me what you have got " :lol:

THE TORCH REUNION OFFICIAL DVD

Andy Holroyd has kindly offered his services FOC , to film a record of the day from the meet up at The site of The Torch in Hose Street , to its conclusion in The Ryan Hall . It will feature interviews with the DJs and ex Torchites who will chat about what many regard what was the greatest underground UK soul venues of all time . It will feature footage of DJ spots , dancing and of course , a soundtrack of iconic records .

Register now for a limited edition copy of the Torch Reunion DVD and save £5 , Interest parties please email Jez Jones at soulmeister@ntlworld.com,

All proceeds from the sale of the DVD will again go to our nominated charities .

Malc Burton

THE TORCH REUNION OCTOBER 24th 2009

NOW SOLD OUT

"Those that know the score ---know the score"

burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk or PaulDonnellyBP@aol.com

ALL PROFITS will be a split donation between The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

With regard to the photo shoot in front of the Torch plaque at 1 PM on October 24th , Mr Elijah Shadrack of 13 Hose Street issues a warning ........

Malc Burton

NOW SOLD OUT

ALL PROFITS will be a split donation between The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

post-5097-1238045760_thumb.jpg

Social source share

With regard to the photo shoot in front of the Torch plaque at 1 PM on October 24th , Mr Elijah Shadrack of 13 Hose Street issues a warning ........

Malc Burton

NOW SOLD OUT

:lol:

Just looking at that photo--wonder whose idea it was to plant the trees

they look a bit out of place don't they :lol:

Edited by jez jones
Social source share

:D

Just looking at that photo--wonder whose idea it was to plant the trees

they look a bit out of place don't they :rolleyes:

I bet the birds do not dare to perch in the trees and make a noise , for fear of old Shadrack taking pot shots at them with an air rifle ........

Malc Burton

15 TICKETS LEFT ........... BUT NOT FOR LONG !

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Mrs Ethel Spotbottom from 27 hose street

the_face_britains_oaps.jpg

"Them thwee muskeeteers think they're going to have a great Torch Night reunion, little do they know but Ive purchased every fookin ticket, its pay back time suckers"

So she was the one sending emails from ferkthemtorchtwats. co.uk then .........

Nice antimacassar ........

Malc Burton

NOW SOLD OUT, well err that's actually bollocks, 6 tickets now available- but not for long !

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Mrs Ethel Spotbottom from 27 hose street

the_face_britains_oaps.jpg

"Them thwee muskeeteers think they're going to have a great Torch Night reunion, little do they know but Ive purchased every fookin ticket, its pay back time suckers"

It might not look it from her photo but Ethel has still got the footwork ................

Social source share

It might not look it from her photo but Ethel has still got the footwork ................

I heard her sister was a Torch regular, and ever since she heard the reunion was on, shes been limbering up

post-231-1238051693_thumb.jpg

And the Coventry Massive start waiting for the Bus

https://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.ph...0610cb4e54c9962

Edited by sister dawn
Social source share

NOW SOLD OUT, well err that's actually bollocks, 11 tickets now available.

Social source share

Remaining tickets !!!

Wonder if we'll ever see them appear on Ebay, if so I reckon they'll go for about £100 each at least !!!

:)ohmy.gif:ohmy:

I have visions of people being outside asking " got a spare ticket mate ? " ........

Anyway , let us a have tune : we have had it posted before , but sod it ..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIpRQtXxbw

Malc Burton

Social source share

Stan Flashman--comes to mind :)

When the " spare " tickets have gone ( made available to people to sending promised money ) - I think we are now down to 6 - even if he was alive today , I sincerely doubt of him deliving " goods " to his motto of " You wanna ticket for Wimbledon , Wembley or a royal wedding ? Fat Stan's your man " would not be kept in respect of tickets for The Torch Reunion ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Serious disruption to Tunstall High St last weekend when Stoke DS practice a dummy run for the forthcoming Torch reunion bash

Social source share

Just heard a rumour that tiny Tony and the mint humbugs were performing live on stage :unsure::)

(thats the rest of the tickets sold now :no::):P )

Hope someone can help .......... but it might be easier to find Lord Lucan than this .

I am wanting - if one exists - a good photograph of the front of The Torch at the time of its' all nighter heyday ( 1972 - 1973 ) , for the sleeve design of / for the scheduled Torch Reunion DVD .

If someone has one , please email me at burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk : and in respect of your help , I will ensure you receive a name check on the DVD sleeve .

Malc Burton

ONLY 5 TICKETS LEFT

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Glawster

no one has put this up

one of my plays on the day chaps, so stay well clear or else :unsure:

Just dug this out the box and played it before setting off for work - top choon!

Social source share

Just dug this out the box and played it before setting off for work - top choon!

Yes the 'boy Donnelly' done well there :no: Certainly a crackin forgotten Hose st track. Bit of post Motown stuff from Mary

Not heard meself for ages. certainly worth a spin occasionally even nowadays-I would have thought :unsure:

Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest skipstuart

https://www.freekicksfoundation.com/home/ A charity very dear to my heart.

Founded by close friend Steve Thorpe (another Peterborough United Fan) who raises money for kids, some terminally i'll to have a day out at their favourite football club.

PD :thumbup:

Peterborough Coach On Way To Torch Reunion.

Is that you Malc, yes Paul, are you on your way mate, oh yes malc, were picked up everybody mush,we may have a problem malc, you paul have a problem, yes mush we can't pick up nogger on the bus we ain't got no fu@@in room.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert