Another Charity Benefits From

This is my opinion

Evening session must be Dj's who actual Dj'ed there at that time other wise what is the point.

If i went to a Wheel/ Mecca/Stafford/Wigan or any OTHER past clubs Reunion i would expect to see dj's from these clubs to behind decks.

Agreed 101%

Keith Minshull...refuses to do it

Johhny Begs...away in New York

Martin Eliss ..passed away

Tony Jebb and Alan Day...on the case

Pep...busy with hotel, send everybody his regards

Colin Cutiss ...hes up for it.

Ian Levine...away recording

Blue Max....A Torch goer, personal freind and a dj who with Carl Dene took so many new discoveries to the Torch.

We'll do the best we can, thats all we can do Barry

Social source share

• Replies 910
  • Views 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest bazrico

Barry, of course I didn't dj at the Torch I'm just playing a few records mate while people filter through the doors at 7-30, do you really think we could ask Colin Curtiss or Blue Max to do the graveyard spot, in the event things change and Alan Day and Tony Jebb can be cohersed to double deck for an hour I for one would be absolutley delighted to drop out, honest mate.

My vote then would get a stokie to do that spot and guess who??????????????

The Nogger

Social source share

My vote then would get a stokie to do that spot and guess who??????????????

The Nogger

have you seen Neil lately Barry...he is wheelchair bound and has spech problems, we have something nive lined up for him mate but I refuse to embarras the bloke by putting him on a pedestal.

Social source share

Guest bazrico

have you seen Neil lately Barry...he is wheelchair bound and has spech problems, we have something nive lined up for him mate but I refuse to embarras the bloke by putting him on a pedestal.

Of cause i have seen Nogger i remember when he had his first stroke and not only did i do collection at Winsford but also went with the Neil Clowes to see him afterwards.

E-mail Nogger weekly.

I was hoping to persuade him to attend the weekender but as Nogger said still paying off the dept for fish and chips from last year.

Social source share

Of cause i have seen Nogger i remember when he had his first stroke and not only did i do collection at Winsford but also went with the Neil Clowes to see him afterwards.

E-mail Nogger weekly.

I was hoping to persuade him to attend the weekender but as Nogger said still paying off the dept for fish and chips from last year.

laugh.gif

My ultimate line up would be

7---ozz

7-30 to 8-30 Alan Day and Tony Jebb

8-30 to 9-15 Blue Max

9-15 to 10 Minsh

10 to 10-45 Curtis

10-45 to 11-30 SPECIAL GUEST

11-30 to finish Evo

I'm more than happy to drop out just doing something no one else likes doing..

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

Thats Ok BUT when i support a venue i.e pay for tickets or even pay on the door then it would be nice to know who the Dj's are regardless.

================================================================================

====

To be honest mate its not about the DJ its about the music all the guys who have agreed to

DJ at this charity do went to the Torch Niter in its heyday and have the music in original format

to bring back memories for the soulies who will be attending all have agreed to give up their time

for the charity,s mentioned by the promoters .Personally i,m not bothered and neither are people who ive spoken to

who are going on Oct 24 who DJ,s at this event its about music, memories and meeting up with old friends and making

new friends all for a good cause..

Most of the guys who have agreed to DJ earlier in the day could do a spot at most venues across the UK or Europe

but like i mentioned at the beginning its about the Music and the Memories not the person putting on the

45,s..Paul Donnelly & Malc Burton deserve a big rap for getting this off the ground and i,m sure the Charities will be over the moon when the dosh is handed over by Paul n Malc.. :thumbsup:

xx Ian Cunliffe

Social source share

Agreed 101%

Keith Minshull...refuses to do it

Johhny Begs...away in New York

Martin Eliss ..passed away

Tony Jebb and Alan Day...on the case

Pep...busy with hotel, send everybody his regards

Colin Cutiss ...hes up for it.

Ian Levine...away recording

Blue Max....A Torch goer, personal freind and a dj who with Carl Dene took so many new discoveries to the Torch.

We'll do the best we can, thats all we can do Barry

Right - I will add my two pence worth .......

At no time during the planning of / for the reunion , that Keith Minshull would NOT be included . His name was always the first name on the proposed itinery - full stop .

Shortly after Paul and I finalised the details of / for the general format the reunion , we attempted - and I stress the word attempted - to contact Keith Minshull , but to no avail . Messages were given to contacts in SOT , in the attempt to get him to call me , as the telephone numbers I had for KM were old ones , which either kept ringing , or were none obtainable .

It was within two weeks - TWO weeks - after we more or less finalised the details , that I managed to get a TN for Keith , kindly given to me by Kev Roberts : within FIVE minutes of finishing talking to Kev , I called the number .

I was told he was on a break in Blackpool , and was kindly given his mobile number , which I called , and managed to speak with Keith .

I asked him politely if he would do the reunion , and was told no . His reasons for refusing were that he was not asked .

I told him the reason begind the delay in getting to him , to which he begrudgingly accepted . He told me to contact him at the ( following ) weekend , when he would give me his answer .

I duly called him as agreed , and again was told no .

Does that dispel the rumours ?

As for the " non - inclusion " of others on the above list .......

Johhny Beggs.- would have done the reunion , but he is away in New York during the same weekend .

Tony Jebb and Alan Day - still attempting to contact these gentleman , but despite concerted attempts to do so .

Andy Hanley - similar scenario to TJ and AD .

Ian Levine - busy recording , but you never know your luck in a raffle .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Been to the Ryan Hall today...great venue very 70's feel to it even the bogs are Hose St personified, attempting to resolve a few issues re the dj's, fingers x should be able to confirm the evening dj line up by the weekend...

Couple of things

1- the £7 ticket is for entry to both the afternoon and evening sessions

2- the special guest is NOT a live act

and blood hell nearly forgot,

WE GOT SOME MORE TICKETS :D

Ive emailed everybody who was on the standby list this evening with the good news which means we have 35 tickets left, first come first served

email PaulDonnellyBP@aol.com

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

Been to the Ryan Hall today...great venue very 70's feel to it even the bogs are Hose St personified, attempting to resolve a few issues re the dj's fingers x should be able to confirm the evening dj line up by the weekend...

Couple of things

1- the £7 ticket is for entry to both the afternoon and evening sessions

2- the special guest is NOT a live act

and blood hell nearly forgot,

WE GOT SOME MORE TICKETS :ohmy:

Ive emailed everybody who was on the standby list this evening with the good news which means we have 35 tickets left, first come first served

email PaulDonnellyBP@aol.com

Yes and only a 5 minute brisk walk from Hose st--- via the scenic route :D

Anyway best get some on then had we :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp613q9mzCI

Social source share

'kin hell, was it that bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L6VABTCwrs

Not a Torchy I know, but nearly (well the backing track anyway).

Following confirmation , the full line up for the evening session of THE TORCH REUNION , will be announced this weekend .

In respect of previous speculation , the " A N OTHER " for the line up , is NOT a live act - not a singing one that is ..........

Malc Burton

THE TORCH REUNION OCTOBER 24th 2009

https://dkof.freewebpages.org/Torch%20reunion/home.html

AN EXTRA 29 TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE

burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk or PaulDonnellyBP@aol.com

ALL PROFITS will be a split donation between The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Following confirmation , the full line up for the evening session of THE TORCH REUNION , will be announced this weekend .

In respect of previous speculation , the " A N OTHER " for the line up , is NOT a live act - not a singing one that is ..........

Malc Burton

Bit cryptic there Malc :wave:

Rumour has it you've booked a real class act for evening bash.

BRING 'EM ON :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Bit cryptic there Malc :lol:

BRING 'EM ON :rolleyes:

The bloke working in my office has just picked me up off the floor PSML :wave: is that Alan Day and Tony Jebb?

Been asked to post a photo of me nowadays so that people who attend know who I am, taken 30 secs ago...

Chatroom2-1.jpg

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

The bloke working in my office has just picked me up off the floor PSML :rolleyes: is that Alan Day and Tony Jebb?

Been asked to post a photo of me nowadays so that people who attend know who I am, taken 30 secs ago...

Chatroom2-1.jpg

Yeah, I know its Jebby's face (one in white) that gets me --- so fookin' serious :wave:

You know what Paul, to me the funniest thing on that photo is the FRY OUT sign :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

you should have seen last nights Telegraph

Etfrontcover.jpg

:wave:

Had a signed Fry autobiography listed for a couple of years now, don't suppose there's any fooker daft enough to buy it :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

this is a kosher photograph..

My mate who lives in Kimbolton and diamond FryOuter told us one day at a match that every Sunday for the prevous 7 weeks this helicopter would hover above his house for like 5mins he was convinced on two occasions that Fry was the passenger, so we went along with him and wound him up proper saying Fry does have a helicopter however due to his drink driving ban he can't fly his copter..."he's after you mel"

Well next week I'll give the twat someting to look at...

fryout003.jpg

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Things are really hotting up at the Torch bash.

I reckon Jez's getting a bit too carried away with a blow job at 0.32 :rolleyes:

Social source share

Bit cryptic there Malc :lol:

BRING 'EM ON :lol:

I have just wet myself you soft tosser :lol: ........

Malc Burton.

THE TORCH REUNION OCTOBER 24th 2009

https://dkof.freewebpages.org/Torch%20reunion/home.html

ONLY 19 TICKETS LEFT

burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk or PaulDonnellyBP@aol.com

ALL PROFITS will be a split donation between The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Just drove past the lads at work extending the car park at the Ryan Hall ready for October.

They are really getting into the swing of things :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRSqY3h1OIo

The official theme song for Saturday , October 24th .........

Donnelly and jones centre stage , with yours truly in the background , " ampheti - conducting " ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

It looks as though there has been a compnay set up to do the soundtrack for the big day

Emi Golden Torch Music Corporation

>

140 W 22nd St Frnt, New York, NY 10011-2420 Contact Phone:(212) 255-7670 URL (web address):Business Category:Patent Owners And Lessors in New York, NYIndustry (SIC):Patent Owners and Lessors

Not sure about it being an Emi-disc though :lol::lol:

Edited by jez jones
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Malc Burton.

The boys again, giving it some wallop for the Ryan Hall

Fookin' hell, can't wait. :lol:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Malc Burton.

The boys again, giving it some wallop for the Ryan Hall

Fookin' hell, can't wait. :lol:

This woman has got the titfer , all she needs now is the one black leather glove .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

THE 2009 TORCH REUNION OCT 24TH 09

2PM TILL 6PM

7PM TO 12-15AM

THE VENUE

THE RYAN HALL

THE BOULEVARD

TUNSTALL

STOKE ON TRENT

TRENT

ST6 6DW

DIRECTIONS to Tunstall

from the M6 North and South

(1) From the South-- M6 Motorway Junction 15, follow the A500 (Queensway) to the A527 to Tunstall. Follow signs to Tunstall District Centre. Tower Square is on your left, you should know where you are now. ;~)

(2) From the North--- M6 motorway Junction 16, take the A500, signposted Stoke. Take 2nd exit of A500 (sign-posted A34) to the large roundabout. Take 2nd exit, signposted Tunstall and Ravensdale (no road number). Turn right at mini roundabout to the Cottage public house, where the road divides into three. Take the middle road. You should know where you are now. ;~)

(3) From A50 south, go to the A500 (Queensway). Turn right (northwards) and follow (1) above.

CAR PARKING

To the right of the Ryan Hall is Wardle St, drive to bottom 75m turn right into a large pay and display CAR PARK charging period is 6am to 6pm, for those arriving early for the Team Photo at the Site of the Old Torch/Hose street, if you park at the bottom of this car park you'll be able to see the Sneyed Arms across the dual Carriage way The site of the Torch is behind it, 3mins walk max.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Having missed out on his ticket, and not to be outdone, the Hose Street hoss turns up to crash the event after being supplied with some dodgy green & clears --

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

thats fookin useless it would have been an Li150 at least

Dobbin was off his neck so he didn't give a fook what he was on. huh.gif

Social source share

Tw*t :D although I have often wondered.............. :lol:

The real Trigger's revenge :lol: .........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert