• Replies 910
  • Views 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Turner

ROLL ON 24/10/09, i can't footin' wait to have a great night.

REGARDS

thenogger

:shades:

Fer me this has all the right vibes that its gonna be a blinder.

Fook, it's 7 months off yet :lol:

Social source share

Just let me add to that, when we had done we walked back to the square via the 'cobbled alley' at the bottom of the road.

First time I had done that--in 36+ years :shades:

It was always our preferred route :lol::lol: when walking to and from the Torch . Anyone remember it?

Its still a dingy, seedy alley now--fcukin brilliant!!! Frightening to think of some of the goings on down there :lol:

Oh I like all manner of things dingy and seedy so will have to have a walk down there and let my imagination run riot. I met my old mate Kev in a similar place in Wigan...bet he was down the one you speak of on numerous occasions whilst frequenting the Torch...will have to ask if he has any tales to share :D:lol:

Social source share

a personal apology to those that have not as yet paid for their reserved Torch Reunion Tickets...(you also have e-mail)

I may have misled you in yesterdays UPDATE email.

The Torch Reunion has now sold out, however the tickets you have all reserved are here waiting to be despatched when payments have been received.

From this morning we have started to compile a standby list for any unwanted reserved tickets, therefore in the event you are unable to attend please advise so we may offer your reserved tickets to folk who are on said list.

As suggested when we confirmed your ticket reservations and payment procedure we would appreciate payment in full by close of buisness 28th March 2009, if payments are not received by that date unfortunately we will have no alternative but to cancel your reservation with us and again pass on to those on the stand by list.

Regards

PD

Not a fookin hope in hell mate...my tickets arrived in the post this morning and made my day thank you very much...they are firmly clenched in me sweaty little paw and that's where they will remain until they get handed over at the door of the Ryan Hall :lol:

Plenty of time to finalise the October itinerary and make sure we arrive in time for the outdoor meet and greet...am gonna get there the night before and camp out so I don't miss owt :shades:

Social source share

Not a fookin hope in hell mate...my tickets arrived in the post this morning and made my day thank you very much...they are firmly clenched in me sweaty little paw and that's where they will remain until they get handed over at the door of the Ryan Hall :lol:

Plenty of time to finalise the October itinerary and make sure we arrive in time for the outdoor meet and greet...am gonna get there the night before and camp out so I don't miss owt :shades:

DO NOT LOSE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

There seems to be some confusion about where I now live. Is it Wolvs? Na. Is it Walsall, Na. OK TAMWORTH the place with the year round snow :lol::lol::lol:

Tunstall ain't gonna know what has hit it in October! Us soulies are gonna boost the economy and I'm gonna stock up with me oatcakes for two years :lol: Bought a new freezer to put em in already :shades:

Pat

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Its 2pm Oct 24th and Malc say "let em in guys"

Paul, have yourself, Malc or Jez decided yet who's going to blurt out the doormans anthem ----

STOP FOOKIN' PUSHING AT THE BACK

Social source share

There seems to be some confusion about where I now live. Is it Wolvs? Na. Is it Walsall, Na. OK TAMWORTH the place with the year round snow :lol::lol::lol:

Tunstall ain't gonna know what has hit it in October! Us soulies are gonna boost the economy and I'm gonna stock up with me oatcakes for two years :D Bought a new freezer to put em in already :shades:

Pat

Hey up Pat

now special edition oatcakes with Torch design on :lol: Naaah it couldn't happen could it :D:D

Social source share

Hey up Pat

now special edition oatcakes with Torch design on :ohmy: Naaah it couldn't happen could it :lol:biggrin.gif

If we can get enough orders for them - we did it with tickets ferchristsake - we could do a " Charridee Oatie " :P

Malc Burton

THE TORCH REUNION

https://dkof.freewebpages.org/Torch%20reunion/home.html

NOW SOLD OUT

burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk or PaulDonnellyBP@aol.com

post-5097-1237701054_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

bootboys74.jpg:ohmy:

Now you have puzzled me - did Stella propose the inlusion of this photograph , and is that Davy Jones of The Monkees on the right .................... or a young Jez Jones ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

the Mrs went out today to buy a new dress for the Reunion night, she looks bit of twat if you ask me..

torchdress.jpg

It that was Lady B , she would insist on wearing a vest underneath ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Just polished up the old Bush Diskatron ready for October!! :ohmy:

When was the last time anyone saw one!! wink.gif

Torchboy x

About 1973 early in the morn, at some service station coming back from the Torch when Clive put

his Hit & Run into one, made a great sanding disc afterwards :lol:

Social source share

Mr Cunliffe good spins and kicks but what a shit back drop..I'lk have a pint of Watneys Red Barrel please

================================================================================

======

Bloody hell Mr Donnelly hope your not sayin i look like the dancin barmon :wicked:

I can move much better than that........after several pints of Toby Light or Festival :lol:

Social source share

Just to confirm before I lock the thread for the second time

1- The Torch Reunion Night is now SOLD OUT

2- Those that have reserved tickets up to 20th March have until 28th March to remit payment in full other wise we will be offering said tickets to those currently on the 'standby list'

3- Confirmed dj's for the afternoon/evening so far are as follows

OZZ

Swish

Poke

Tony Dellar

Ian Cunliffe

Chris Lalor

Nige Brown

Pat Wallace

Blue Max

Dave Evison

Colin Curtis

AN Other :g:

Social source share

Right then shall set me alarm for that :P Suprises indeed :ohmy:

Although don't think he's had much luck with Barmy Barry laugh.gif

I seeked him here , i seeked him there ; I seeked that Barmy Barry everywhere ....... with no luck .

My sincerest apologies for disappointing the people who wanted to hear and see Bazza in full flight . For those despeate for a fix , here is a photograph showing the man in all his glory ...... he is the one in the middle with the dodgy blond syrup .

Malc Burton

THE TORCH REUNION LINE UP - ANNOUNCED @ 05.30 AM , TUESDAY MARCH 24TH

post-5097-1237829516_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Valerie Singleton far right and Phil Collins in the car, apologies CB

Is that not you on the left , dressed in your best " three goes for 2/- on the waltzer " gear ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

Valerie Singleton far right and Phil Collins in the car, apologies CB

Have tracked the mysterious 'femme fatale' down----Gwenne Price biggrin.gif

Chris Burtons Secretary :ohmy:

torch3.jpg

Photo taken outside the Torch Ballroom in Tunstall with Barmy Barry DJ and members of the Tennesseans group, plus owner of the Torch, Chris Burton, sitting in the car. On the extreme right is Gwenne Price, a secretary for Chris Burton then and who is now my neighbour and good friend

Social source share

Is that not you on the left , dressed in your best " three goes for 2/- on the waltzer " gear ?

Malc Burton

" If they are announcing the line up for THE TORCH REUNION at 5.30 AM tomorrow morning , the bastards had better do it quieter that the ferkin racket they used to make in 1972 "

Mr Elijah Shadrack , 13 Hose Street , Tunstall

post-5097-1237833275_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Just polished up the old Bush Diskatron ready for October!! :ohmy:

When was the last time anyone saw one!! :P

It hasnt been to Hose Street since 1973,, deffo gonna take it for that authentic feel to the day!!

Torchboy x

post-9095-1237834330.jpg

Blimey Nige I haven't seen one of these 45 toasters since the 70's! laugh.gif

Edited by Tony Foster
Social source share

Does that mean there are no more tickets then Paul ? :ohmy:

I keep telling folk its 'sold out' and requests foir tickets c ontine, today we've have 18 enq's for tickets.

IF those that have reserved remit by 28th March The Reunion is sold out which in Fen talk neans " no fookin tickets left Mush"

PD

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

I keep telling folk its 'sold out' and requests foir tickets c ontine, today we've have 18 enq's for tickets.

IF those that have reserved remit by 28th March The Reunion is sold out which in Fen talk neans " no fookin tickets left Mush"

PD

And for all our Italain readers ........ " nessun fookin ettichetta la poltiglia di sinistra " , and our French ones " aucun fookin n'tiquette gauche Mush "

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

PD

Tempers fray at 'boro's London Road ground

章草;今草 六書/六书 草书 會意字/会意字 常用漢字

which translates ---

"Hey up Donnelly, got any tickets for that sold out Torch bash mush"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuA4axv2V60 :D

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

THE TORCH REUNION

SATURDAY OCTOBER 24TH

THE DJ LINE UP

After weeks of speculation , Paul . Jez and Myself have great pleasure in confirming the DJ line as follows ........

IAN LEVINE

COLIN CURTIS

DAVE EVISON

BLUE MAX

KEV ROBERTS

CHRIS PORTER - MARTYN ELLIS' SON playing his old man's top 10 favourite records

THE PUNTER'S TRIBUTE CREW

NIGE BROWN

PAT WALLACE

CHRIS LALOR

IAN CUNLIFFE

POKE

TONY DELLAR

SWISH

OZZ

PAUL DONNELLY

In respect of the omission of Torch notables / stalwarts , Keith Minshull is unable to be with us due to personal commitments that weekend ; we have been unable ( as yet ) to locate Tony Jebb and Alan Day , and Johnny Beggs is slumming it in New York the weekend of the 24th .

I will publish the itinery for the 24th later today .

Malc Burton

THE TORCH REUNION

SOLD OUT

SORRY - NO ADMISSION ON THE DAY WITHOUT A TICKET

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!