• Replies 910
  • Views 42.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Turner

So Malc, just WHO is the TBA jock for evening do?

Is it Music Mike or not???

And I've heard yourself and PD have been getting in a bit of training fer the day

Social source share

Looks fook all like Poke, to scruffy for a start.

It is a Poke wannabee of course , how can anyone get anywhere near the sartorial elegance of young Blair ? .

I wish I had have put the Jez Jones doppleganger up now instead .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

So Malc, just WHO is the TBA jock for evening do?

Is it Music Mike or not???

And I've heard yourself and PD have been getting in a bit of training fer the day

It will be Music Mike - complete with his flashing globe ..........

Seriously , I will announce " Mr TBA " in due course : As they say in these parts " If tha gus an oppens thi present afore big day , tha wint have nowt to play wi excvept thissen " ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Ok I'l kick off today with these ditties. I'd forgotten what a gem the 4th one was :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_KtQrlHMUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X569CLBB04

Seeing as you had Edwin in there, how about this as a matter of interest.

"Keep the faith" on his headstone. thumbup.gif Buried in Nottingham

edwinstarrgravelarge.jpg

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Seeing as you had Edwin in there, how about this as a matter of interest.

"Keep the faith" on his headstone. thumbup.gif Buried in Nottingham

edwinstarrgravelarge.jpg

What a man Edwin was. Keep the Faith indeed :rolleyes:

Back streets, 25 miles, Time, Headline News, Agent 00 soul............the list goes on. Probably more of his records played at the Torch than anyones?

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

What a man Edwin was. Keep the Faith indeed thumbup.gif

Back streets, 25 miles, Time, Headline News, Agent 00 soul............the list goes on. Probably more of his records played at the Torch than anyones?

And a lot of great stuff after as well.

One of the very few who understood where the Northern scene was coming from.

"A great many of the artists should pay homage to the Northern Soul scene because it it has allowed us to still have some place to be" - Edwin Starr

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Fook me, a ten bob note

A weeks paper round money that were.

And who's the guy in the top corner???

Well, I can guess. Are you expecting a kick in the nuts or summat laugh.gif

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I had Balantis....look it up :huh:

Strewth mush, thought it was a lost island or summat until I looked it up, SCARY!

Not as bad as catchin' it in yer zip though :thumbsup:

Social source share

For some of us , de rigeur in 1972 .........

Malc Burton

Can anyone help me out with a mobile or LL number , or an email address ?

I am wanting to get in touch with STEVE - sorry , I do not have his second name - who lives in Stafford ( originally from Loughborough ) , who is wanting tickets for THE TORCH REUNION .

He is mates with Little Eric ( Notts / Derby ) who sells records , who in turn is a great friend of Judy Moss ( an ex - Torchite ) .

Many thanks

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest bazrico

Can anyone help me out with a mobile or LL number , or an email address ?

I am wanting to get in touch with STEVE - sorry , I do not have his second name - who lives in Stafford ( originally from Loughborough ) , who is wanting tickets for THE TORCH REUNION .

He is mates with Little Eric ( Notts / Derby ) who sells records , who in turn is a great friend of Judy Moss ( an ex - Torchite ) .

Many thanks

Malc Burton

Hi Malc

Pm shute he lives and promotes a do at stafford he might know him sorry i can't

Barry

Social source share

When did Dustbin Stanley apply for tickets Paul ?

Malc Burton

THE TORCH REUNION OCTOBER 24th 2009

https://dkof.freewebpages.org/Torch%20reunion/home.html

WOULD THOSE THAT HAVE RESERVED BUT NOT PAID AS YET PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL INBOX

burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk or PaulDonnellyBP@aol.com

ALL PROFITS will be a split donation between The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

When did Dustbin Stanley apply for tickets Paul ?

Malc Burton

WOULD THOSE THAT HAVE RESERVED BUT NOT PAID AS YET PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL INBOX

ALL PROFITS will be a split donation between The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

An important notice .............

WOULD THOSE WHO HAVE RESERVED TICKETS BUT STILL TO PAY DOR THEM AS YET , PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL INBOX

ALL PROFITS will go to The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

** NO TICKET - NO ADMISSION **

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

We may never know who t'lass was / is , but what a record !!

Malc Burton

You are looking a bit peaky ; take this three times a day ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x349NvDQZ7U

Malc Burton

WOULD THOSE WHO HAVE RESERVED TICKETS BUT STILL TO PAY DOR THEM AS YET ,

PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL INBOX

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

You are looking a bit peaky ; take this three times a day ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x349NvDQZ7U

Malc Burton

WOULD THOSE WHO HAVE RESERVED TICKETS BUT STILL TO PAY DOR THEM AS YET ,

PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL INBOX

Is anybody sweating for a full house yet ?

Malc Burton

To open clip - Right click / save target as ( your choice of file ) - clip should then play ........

20___The_Dynamics___Bingo_.mp3

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

We cannot stress the importance of the following statement .

If you have reserved tickets for THE TORCH REUNION but yet still have to pay for them , please do so as instructed in the email sent to your inbox .

Many thanks

Malc Burton

IMPORTANT BOTICE - WOULD THOSE WHO HAVE RESERVED TICKETS BUT STILL TO PAY FOR THEM AS YET , PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL INBOX

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

cheque in the post today sorry for the delay

regards

Ian

The reason for printing the request , is that we are nearing being SO in respecet of tickets . We do no want to disappoint anyone who genuinely wants to attend by telling them that their application was unsuccessful .

Malc Burton

IMPORTANT NOTICE - WOULD THOSE WHO HAVE RESERVED TICKETS BUT STILL TO PAY FOR THEM AS YET , PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL INBOX

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Absolutely the mutts nuts that one, could taste the atmosphere :lol:

It truly was a night to remember .......

As they say in these parts of God's Sceptered Isle " Things will come and go in your life , but the memories always stay "

They have .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest bazrico

The reason for printing the request , is that we are nearing being SO in respecet of tickets . We do no want to disappoint anyone who genuinely wants to attend by telling them that their application was unsuccessful .

Malc Burton

IMPORTANT NOTICE - WOULD THOSE WHO HAVE RESERVED TICKETS BUT STILL TO PAY FOR THEM AS YET , PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL INBOX

sounds like a job application

Social source share

Guest bazrico

Ok i have paid for my tickets £21-00 yet i still do not know who the mian Dj's are for the evenning do, i would like to think that these were sorted out by know.

The rumors going around at the weekender i do have concerns. Keth Minshull not asked fook me he was the dj who asked CB to put the nighters on,CCwill not be dj because KM is not.

So when do i and others get to know who the main DJ's are.

Barry

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Ok i have paid for my tickets £21-00 yet i still do not know who the mian Dj's are for the evenning do, i would like to think that these were sorted out by know.

The rumors going around at the weekender i do have concerns. Keth Minshull not asked fook me he was the dj who asked CB to put the nighters on,CCwill not be dj because KM is not.

Barry

Personally I'm not that bothered who the evening jocks will be. I'm gonna have a good time whatever. I'm sure PD, MB, JJ and anyone else involved with setting this up have considered who they can get or want to jock and I as a punter leave it in their more than capable hands. If someone hasn't been asked I'm sure those concerned have their reasons as surely as there is a good reason why TBC hasn't been confirmed yet.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest bazrico

Personally I'm not that bothered who the evening jocks will be. I'm gonna have a good time whatever. I'm sure PD, MB, JJ and anyone else involved with setting this up have considered who they can get or want to jock and I as a punter leave it in their more than capable hands. If someone hasn't been asked I'm sure those concerned have their reasons as surely as there is a good reason why TBC hasn't been confirmed yet.

Thats Ok BUT when i support a venue i.e pay for tickets or even pay on the door then it would be nice to know who the Dj's are regardless.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Thats Ok BUT when i support a venue i.e pay for tickets or even pay on the door then it would be nice to know who the Dj's are regardless.

Fair point. When I stated that I wasn't bothered who jocked the evening do what I meant was as long as it was jocked by those with the credentials to be main jocks at a "Torch reunion" ie actually jocked there and I think we've all or most of us have got that drift.

For me this isn't like a so-called "reunion" put on by some fly-by-night promoter or someone just interested in the cash whereas I'd want to know everything up-front so I can ascertain if someone's pulling my pisser. This is run by guys who, for me, have the cred of being very much involved with the scene for more years than most of us and the bash is on a non-profit basis.

As far as I can read it the guys running the bash are caught between being unable at this time to absolutely confirm who will be jocking and the need to get the tickets paid for, so those who are unable to get a ticket don't lose out to someone unable, or unwilling to shell out for tickets.

Yourself and others may see it different but thats the way I see it.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Barry

right lets stop all these rumours NOW and I would be grateful Barry if those who you spoke to suggesting this that and the other need any clarifiaction whatsoever they are more than happy to contact Malc or myself on 07900 55 70 01.

For the record, it took me and Malc two weeks to obtain Mr Minshulls correct contact number (thank you Kev Roberts) the one I had was some Pizza place. Malc rang said number the Monday after the last Kings Hall and was given a mobile no as Keith was on holiday in Blackpool.

A torch Reunion without Minshull is like Roast Beef without Gravy so I was delighted when we had a 'proper' contact number that was until Malc advised me "Minsh don't want to do it, however he's gonna think about it and let me know Saturday"

Malc rang again that weekend and Keith regretably just didn;t want to do it, which is a shame but life goes on.

heres the dj rosta for the afternoon and evening session Barry as it has been for a number of weeks..

2 to 2-30 OZZ - FROM STOKE

2-30 to 3 Swish - FROM YORK

3-to 3-30 Poke - FROM STAMFORD

3-30 to 4 Tony Dellar - FROM CAMBRIDGE

4- 4-30 Ian Cunliffe - FROM LOWTON

4-30 to 5 Chris Lalor - FROM BELGIUM

5 to 5-30 Nige Brown - FROM STAFFORD

5-30 to 6 Pat Wallace - FROM SOMEWHERE NR WOLVES laugh.gif

6PM CLOSE FOR 1 HOUR

7 to 7-30 OZZ

7-30 to 8-30 Paul Donnelly (WARM UP WALLY)

8- 30 to 9-15 Blue Max

9-15 to 10-15 Colin Cutiss

10-15 to 11-15 SPECIAL GUEST TO ANNOUCED THIS WEEK

11-15 to end Dave Evison

Thanks for the tip off re Colin, we'll ring him this week to clarify if his attendance is guaranteed or not.

Regards

PD

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

Guest bazrico

right lets stop all these rumours NOW and I would be grateful Barry if those who you spoke to suggesting this that and the other need any clarifiaction whatsoever they are more than happy to contact Malc or myself on 07900 55 70 01.

For the record, it took me and Malc two weeks to obtain Mr Minshulls correct contact number (thank you Kev Roberts) the one I had was some Pizza place. Malc rang said number the Monday after the last Kings Hall and was given a mobile no as Keith was on holiday in Blackpool.

A torch Reunion without Minshull is like Roast Beef without Gravy so I was delighted when we had a 'proper' contact number that was until Malc advised me "Minsh don't want to do it, however he's gonna think about it and let me know Saturday"

Malc rang again that weekend and Keith regretably just didn;t want to do it, which is a shame but life goes on.

heres the dj rosta for the afternoon and evening session Barry as it has been for a number of weeks..

2 to 2-30 OZZ - FROM STOKE

2-30 to 3 Swish - FROM YORK

3-to 3-30 Poke - FROM STAMFORD

3-30 to 4 Tony Dellar - FROM CAMBRIDGE

4- 4-30 Ian Cunliffe - FROM LOWTON

4-30 to 5 Chris Lalor - FROM BELGIUM

5 to 5-30 Nige Brown - FROM STAFFORD

5-30 to 6 Pat Wallace - FROM SOMEWHERE NR WOLVES laugh.gif

6PM CLOSE FOR 1 HOUR

7 to 7-30 OZZ

7-30 to 8-30 Paul Donnelly (WARM UP WALLY)

8- 30 to 9-15 Blue Max

9-15 to 10-15 Colin Cutiss

10-15 to 11-15 SPECIAL GUEST TO ANNOUCED THIS WEEK

11-15 to end Dave Evison

Thanks for the tip off re Colin, we'll ring him this week to clarify if his attendance is guaranteed or not.

Regards

PD

Can.t remember you Dj at the torch but then again can't remember how i got home from the weekender

Social source share

Due to demand, especially this week ohmy.gif requests for torch reunion tickets have been suspended until 18th March 2009

We will be visiting the venue in Tunstall Tuesday to view facility's and discuss the possibility of increasing capacity to meet demand, a further statement will be issued by 9am Wed 18th March

Those that have reserved tickets via email to Malc or myself up until yesterdays date have until 28th March to remit payment to the address that you will find on the ticket confirmation email that you have been sent...in the meantime, PLEASE if you don't require your tickets OR the maybe you now only require 2 instead of the 4 reserved LET me know, it is that critical.

Frankly I've been gob smacked with the interest and if I'm being honest only expected a 100 like minded souls to join us. When Malc and I discussed this idea some months ago we decided we would do it only if we did it on the Tunstall manor, get as many of the orig jocks together A) if we could locate them and cool.gif if they wanted to do it, and finally EVERY penny we make after expenses we donate to charity.

The venue is a 1st floor function room with access by stairs only, conventional layout with stage one end, bar the other and wall to wall sprung wooden dance floor, a bit like Skeggy in a lot of respects and not far off the size so you can appreciate our capacity issues.

ryanhall2.jpg

Speak to you all Wednesday...

Regards

PD

Social source share

Guest bazrico

This is my opinion

Evening session must be Dj's who actual Dj'ed there at that time other wise what is the point.

If i went to a Wheel/ Mecca/Stafford/Wigan or any OTHER past clubs Reunion i would expect to see dj's from these clubs to behind decks.

Social source share

Can.t remember you Dj at the torch but then again can't remember how i got home from the weekender

Barry, of course I didn't dj at the Torch I'm just playing a few records mate while people filter through the doors at 7-30, do you really think we could ask Colin Curtiss or Blue Max to do the graveyard spot, in the event things change and Alan Day and Tony Jebb can be cohersed to double deck for an hour I for one would be absolutley delighted to drop out, honest mate.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert