The Way You Love Me - Ron Hall

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Does anyone have a 12" copy of Ron Hall's "The Way You Love Me" - must be "Dimitri Prom Paris TSOP" mix - I'm guessing it came out on 12". Let me know. Jo x

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Jo you need the Marc Evans remake of this - fab u lous.......

Isn't it the same thing??........Ron Hall & The Mutherfunkaz feat. Marc Evans???............the only confusion is that there are loadsa mixes.....7"......12"....CDS!!!!

This is what you want Jo:

https://www.discomusic.com/images/label-f-k...loveme-uk12.jpg

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Isn't it the same thing??........Ron Hall & The Mutherfunkaz feat. Marc Evans???............the only confusion is that there are loadsa mixes.....7"......12"....CDS!!!!

This is what you want Jo:

https://www.discomusic.com/images/label-f-k...loveme-uk12.jpg

Cheers,

Mark R

Hello Mark,

The Marc Evans is a better version of the song IMHO. Goes down a storm down this way.

Steve

Social source share

Hello Mark,

The Marc Evans is a better version of the song IMHO. Goes down a storm down this way.

Steve

Hi Steve,

You've got me intrigued now........which version are you calling the Marc Evans version??........do you mean the one on the album, which is a Marc Evans album and therefore classed as Marc Evans. I thought they were all by the same gang effectively, and that there were just various mixes???

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

both sides of this 12 inch are by Ron Hall & The Muthafunkaz Feat. Mark Evans, but Tom's Mix on the B-side is instro only, whereas Dim's T.S.O.P. Version on the A-side is the outstanding vocal.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

both sides of this 12 inch are by Ron Hall & The Muthafunkaz Feat. Mark Evans, but Tom's Mix on the B-side is instro only, whereas Dim's T.S.O.P. Version on the A-side is the outstanding vocal.

That's the one I want - the 12" T.S.O.P mix....but I'm being swayed by a few people to listen to the more 'soulful' mix....I'm sure Steve G will reveal all to me tomorrow....we're djing together, you filthy minded lot laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

That's the one I want - the 12" T.S.O.P mix....but I'm being swayed by a few people to listen to the more 'soulful' mix....I'm sure Steve G will reveal all to me tomorrow....we're djing together, you filthy minded lot :lol:

Hello Jo, Hope youre keeping well and all that .............?

There seems to be some confusion with this track ? Dont know why but here goes as far as i know.........

The first and original version was the one on Hustle music. The next version was Dimitri`s TSOP version which is my favourite[though in fairness they are all superb]. This first came out as a limited press 7"" single with a white coloured label on TSOD[Defected]. Then they released it on 12". It has a multi-coloured TSOD [salsoul rip-off ]label. This is the one with the Tom Moulton Inst version on the b-Side....

The next version was the full Tom Moulton vocal version which was released on a plain looking white labelled 12".....[no 7" of this...]

Then they re-released the Dimitri 7" mix again as just by Marc Evans on a multi coloured TSOD[salsoul] 45 along with two other 45`s of tracks from the forthcoming lp. They are all good IMHO........

That Dimitri version is the one though. For me still the best thing in a long long time. And i think it will be a long time before that changes :huh:

Get in touch if you have no luck,

Ivor

Social source share

Hi Steve,

You've got me intrigued now........which version are you calling the Marc Evans version??........do you mean the one on the album, which is a Marc Evans album and therefore classed as Marc Evans. I thought they were all by the same gang effectively, and that there were just various mixes???

Cheers,

Mark R

I am thinking of the 12 with "Put something down on it" (another fine track) on the flip from last autumn. Not got it in the office so I can't remember which "mix" it is.......but Jo will hear it tomorrow in the car.....:huh:

Social source share

Buy the bloody Marc Evans CD and shut up and move on from this please, the next Michael Procter/Joi Cardwell being played solidly for the next 10 years in every village hall around the country I predict. Just find this bizarre in the extreme.

Oh and if anyone is interested my understanding is same as Marc's they are all same band with different mixes.

Any chance of some Broken Beat stuff getting mixed in with this in near future.............

PS go to www.firstexperiencerecords.com click on Simply Soul mail order and you will hear lots of this stuff if you really want to, lots of similar to Ron Hall but fresh, sure Mark will welcome you with open arms.

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Buy the bloody Marc Evans CD and shut up and move on from this please, the next Michael

It has been a monster for a long time now agreed, but a member has asked about where they can get a copy.....that prompted debate on which version is best etc - so calm down Jocko :huh:

Anyway why aren't you on the picket lines outside Fred Goodwin's house? :lol:

Social source share

Hello Jo, Hope youre keeping well and all that .............?

There seems to be some confusion with this track ? Dont know why but here goes as far as i know.........

The first and original version was the one on Hustle music. The next version was Dimitri`s TSOP version which is my favourite[though in fairness they are all superb]. This first came out as a limited press 7"" single with a white coloured label on TSOD[Defected]. Then they released it on 12". It has a multi-coloured TSOD [salsoul rip-off ]label. This is the one with the Tom Moulton Inst version on the b-Side....

The next version was the full Tom Moulton vocal version which was released on a plain looking white labelled 12".....[no 7" of this...]

Then they re-released the Dimitri 7" mix again as just by Marc Evans on a multi coloured TSOD[salsoul] 45 along with two other 45`s of tracks from the forthcoming lp. They are all good IMHO........

That Dimitri version is the one though. For me still the best thing in a long long time. And i think it will be a long time before that changes :huh:

Get in touch if you have no luck,

Ivor

So which version is it on the four track Defected vinyl EP then? Whichever, I love it (as I do the whole CD album...)

Social source share

It has been a monster for a long time now agreed, but a member has asked about where they can get a copy.....that prompted debate on which version is best etc - so calm down Jocko wink.gif

Its Friday and I am grumpy so this seemed an easy target............

Anyway why aren't you on the picket lines outside Fred Goodwin's house? :P

Because I am inside his old place of work trying to keep my head down and avoid the swinging blades.............although should say its easier than avoidng the gutter press, they are all over here and the City, scumballs

Right I am off to get happy before I return, honest.

Social source share

The next version was Dimitri`s TSOP version which is my favourite[though in fairness they are all superb]. This first came out as a limited press 7"" single with a white coloured label on TSOD[Defected].

Fairly sure I have one of the above in the garage somewhere, what sort of price does this fetch.....or in other words is it worth the effort of trying to find it shades.gif

Adam.

Social source share

The next version was Dimitri`s TSOP version which is my favourite[though in fairness they are all superb]. This first came out as a limited press 7"" single with a white coloured label on TSOD[Defected].

OK, found my copy of this (7" white label as above). Unplayed minter......so anybody want to suggest a value for it???

Adam.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

and move on from this please, the next Michael Procter/Joi Cardwell being played solidly for the next 10 years in every village hall around the country I predict.

Your prediction is true, its fact now Jocko :D ..........and moving on please smile.gif .

Social source share

Source Advert