Empress Ballrooms

Guest elnel

Guest elnel

A advert as been placed in the local press today advertising northern soul and motown nights every bank holliday sunday at the empress ballrooms mexboro . can I just say that me Jean Yocki Joy Woody and Linda are nothing at all to do with these events ,we have parted company with the empress and are now running events at the Metrodome Barnsley. I dont know who is running the events at the Empress Who the house dj is or who is guests may be but whoever it is I dont wish you bad luck but I dont wish you good luck either in fact I wish you no kind of luck ,you may call yoursellf a soul brother but you aint mine.Nel

• Replies 52
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A advert as been placed in the local press today advertising northern soul and motown nights every bank holliday sunday at the empress ballrooms mexboro . can I just say that me Jean Yocki Joy Woody and Linda are nothing at all to do with these events ,we have parted company with the empress and are now running events at the Metrodome Barnsley. I dont know who is running the events at the Empress Who the house dj is or who is guests may be but whoever it is I dont wish you bad luck but I dont wish you good luck either in fact I wish you no kind of luck ,you may call yoursellf a soul brother but you aint mine.Nel

Well said Nelmeister .

It is a dishonourable man that goes and shits in his neighbour's garden ........

Malc Burton

THE TORCH REUNION - SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER

Only 36 Tickets Left

Email today and register for tickets or go on line for directions, accomodation, venue photos and ticket hotline

https://dkof.freewebpages.org/Torch%20reunion/home.html

Ticket reservations - burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk / pauldonnellybp@aol.com

" Build it ( well , sort of ) and they will come "

ALL PROFITS will go to The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

For more information about these worthy causes , log onto www.dmhospice.org.uk and www.stroke.org.uk

Edited by Malc Burton

Well put Malk , can I just add ,never rob another mans ruhbarb.El Nel

I thought it was " Rub " not " Rob " ......... but I will agree with you mate .

Nel - please change the " event " under you name to The Metrodome will you ? Having that other name is just not cricket my dear chap .......

Malc Burton

Guest elnel

I thought it was " Rub " not " Rob " ......... but I will agree with you mate .

Nel - please change the " event " under you name to The Metrodome will you ? Having that other name is just not cricket my dear chap .......

Malc Burton

quite right my learned friend it is rub ,a finger error on my part Malc. El Nel
Guest Soul On A Stick

Hi Nel

I can't believe I'm reading this but nothing surprises me these days, :wicked: one thing is for sure bet there isn't many of the South Yorkshire crew attending the Empress on these advertised nights.

There probably trying to recoup some of there losses by bringing in a few handbags thmbdn.gif

I for one will never step foot in there again.

See you soon

Paul

I think you have a word in Yorkshire "SCAB" event sums it up ?

I tried putting a bet on at Ladbrooks about this happening but it was "odds on"

People will vote with their feet and it will be a :rolleyes::thumbup::lol:tumbleweed3.gif event

with :) heads and wanker.gif s

YOU ARE BETTER OFF AWAY FROM IT, BELIEVE US !

Rob & Karen

I THINK WE ALL SORE THIS COMING NEL :lol: AND ALTHOUGH I COULD NOT GET TO THE FIRST METRODOME I DONT THINK YOU GOT TO WORRY ABOUT THE EMPRESS ROOM YOU GONE ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS NOW :wave: WHAT EVER YOU AS PROMOTER DO UP THERE YOU CAN COUNT ON THE SUPPORT OF ME GARY AND SUE WE SEE TUFF TIMES A HEAD FOR THEM MATE AND AS ROB WIGLEYS SAY SCABS . YOU LOT WILL GO ON AT METRO AND CRUSH UM ALL THE BEST MATES

and i for another will never go near the place the man (eh) has no honour

My sentiments exactly! There was no-one more disappointed than me when Empress finished but not even free ale would get me there now (altho it cud well put em out of business hehe).

As we all keep saying "Onwards n Upwards - bigger n better". Keep up the good work chaps we're all with you on this one

DD

x

My sentiments exactly! There was no-one more disappointed than me when Empress finished but not even free ale would get me there now (altho it cud well put em out of business hehe).

As we all keep saying "Onwards n Upwards - bigger n better". Keep up the good work chaps we're all with you on this one

DD

x

I will rephrase the above , as I feel it will suit The Metrodome better ........

" Onwards and Bigger , Upwards and Better "

That is more like it .........

Malc Burton

Only 34 Tickets Left .........

Email today and register for the remaining tickets or go on line for directions, accomodation, venue photos and ticket hotline

" Build it ( well , sort of ) and they will come " - they are ..........

For more information about these worthy causes , log onto www.dmhospice.org.uk and www.stroke.org.uk

I will rephrase the above , as I feel it will suit The Metrodome better ........

" Onwards and Bigger , Upwards and Better "

That is more like it .........

Malc Burton

Only 34 Tickets Left .........

Email today and register for the remaining tickets or go on line for directions, accomodation, venue photos and ticket hotline

:thumbup: after reading all the comments and finding out last nite about this , my feelings are the same , what a disgusting thing to do to the nicest people in the world , this scene is about the music and friendship, so who ever it is dont care about either , all i can say is the metrodome was a huge success and will continue to be with the support of all of us , empress kiss miy *ss and bring it on , yocky,joy , nel ,jean, woody and linda your the best , regards mickey 2 dinners

:thumbup: after reading all the comments and finding out last nite about this , my feelings are the same , what a disgusting thing to do to the nicest people in the world , this scene is about the music and friendship, so who ever it is dont care about either , all i can say is the metrodome was a huge success and will continue to be with the support of all of us , empress kiss miy *ss and bring it on , yocky,joy , nel ,jean, woody and linda your the best , regards mickey 2 dinners

well put mike

I never got the opportunity to attend the Empress Ballrooms when Yocki and the crew run it :D But would never go near a place like that after what's gone on :lamsey:

Surly it ain't gonna be run by anyone on the N/S scene is it ? or am I a bit naive :no:

Don

PS.......got to the first Metrodome night and enjoyed it :thumbup:

Sorry to say I saw this coming, I tried to convince myself that they won't stupe so low, but not usually wrong, and in this case I wasn't. I have been informed that the dj's will be of the same caliber as what we put on when we had it !!! so the plot thickens. I am sure it will all come out in the wash, but hey what about the metrodome ? I have it striaght from the horses mouth, they won't let someone in at the back door, so along with it being a great venue with have someone to work with who has principles.

So we wait with baited breath.

Thank you all for all your support and understanding.

Jx

just read this and :lamsey::no::D whoever it is hang your head in shame, my god this is the limit, i`d like to wish you all the luck in the world with your new venture, i`m sure it will be a resounding success, we`ll make a point of getting to your new venue be sure of that :thumbup:

Guest elnel

I Think we will find it will be someone on the scene . wich will be a dissapointment but not a suprise .there are some folk who scrounge about like vultures allways ready for a easy meal ,the kind of folk who let others do the spade work and then slither under the door and pick the bones clean ,its the way of the world ime afraid and we have to rise above these sneaky snidey shit houses .El Nel Well Vexed

I Think we will find it will be someone on the scene . wich will be a dissapointment but not a suprise .there are some folk who scrounge about like vultures allways ready for a easy meal ,the kind of folk who let others do the spade work and then slither under the door and pick the bones clean ,its the way of the world ime afraid and we have to rise above these sneaky snidey shit houses .El Nel Well Vexed

:thumbup: wonder who it cud be , i go where my mates are and am sure plenty others feel the same , prob be full a hambaggers an idiots so good luck to em if thats what they want , we know where our true friends are , si thi tonite at trades nel n jean

If it is confirmed to be the party behind this nefarious and blaggardly deed , who we assume it to be , then the solid trump will hit the ventilation device ........

Malc Burton

Only 34 Tickets Left

Edited by Malc Burton
Guest elnel

People can take material things away ,but they cant take mates like you mick and all the other palls Ive bin lucky anough to meet the length and breadth of the country and thats wot matters . El Nel Calmin Darn A Bit :thumbup:

People can take material things away ,but they cant take mates like you mick and all the other palls Ive bin lucky anough to meet the length and breadth of the country and thats wot matters . El Nel Calmin Darn A Bit :thumbup:

:lamsey: yr a true gent nel , cant buy friends like ive got , hey up nel they be thinking were soft soon lol si thi later

Guest stevejan

Anybody opening a 'book' yet on who it is....I sense I could make a few quid here,but maybe not it could be short odds on first show... we'll see shall we.

To build a sucessful night and then have another "promoter" whispering in the ear of the venue owner is the LOWEST OF THE LOW.

Still when certain promoters mix with SNAKES, then they see that you can S**t all over people and they will still come back for more. They want to try and make some £££££s because thats what rules their sad little life.!

We will be watching the list of DJs at this venue with great interest, NOBODY is going to s**t on nice people like Joy, Yocky and the gang that worked so hard to establish this venue and get away with it ! As I said before SCABS.

Rob Wigley

What a underhanded thing to do.

Yocki and co.. its a pity you can't take some kind of legal action because in a sense its your kind of "intellectual property" you have proved the format and they (whoever they are) are riding on the back of your success (or they are hoping too).

SCABS!

Brian

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Sorry to say I saw this coming, I tried to convince myself that they won't stupe so low, but not usually wrong, and in this case I wasn't. I have been informed that the dj's will be of the same caliber as what we put on when we had it !!! so the plot thickens. I am sure it will all come out in the wash, but hey what about the metrodome ? I have it striaght from the horses mouth, they won't let someone in at the back door, so along with it being a great venue with have someone to work with who has principles.

So we wait with baited breath.

Thank you all for all your support and understanding.

Jx

Hi joy

these names were mentioned early last year.Unlike yourselves and many more people who are part of our

wonderful scene they work from thier pockets not thier hearts.Iknow these sort of scabby slimey snakes

probably think its fine to s..t on people like yourselves but oh boy i think they cud hev a bit of a shock comin.metrodome was a big success..the numbers say it all and it will be even bigger at the next one.

I would like to ask people to vote with thier feet n thier hearts and i for one will never crossover the door of that place.

JOY YOCKY NEL JEAN LINDA DAVE worked so hard at empress only to be s..t on.

Well lets not give em chance to rub it in.k.t.f

Hi joy

these names were mentioned early last year.Unlike yourselves and many more people who are part of our

wonderful scene they work from thier pockets not thier hearts.Iknow these sort of scabby slimey snakes

probably think its fine to s..t on people like yourselves but oh boy i think they cud hev a bit of a shock comin.metrodome was a big success..the numbers say it all and it will be even bigger at the next one.

I would like to ask people to vote with thier feet n thier hearts and i for one will never crossover the door of that place.

JOY YOCKY NEL JEAN LINDA DAVE worked so hard at empress only to be s..t on.

Well lets not give em chance to rub it in.k.t.f

here here shirl problem is this isnt the 1st time its happened and it wont be the last but if we all stick together then justice will be done and watch um crash and burn long live metrodome and long may they REIGN

Edited by night nurse

here here shirl problem is this isnt the 1st time its happened and it wont be the last but if we all stick together then justice will be done and watch um crash and burn long live metrodome and long may they rain

well said shirl and hate to say it well said nitenurse , sticking togeva was shown at the metrodome ,friendly atmosphere , fantastic music and great dancing , what a great turn out for some fantastic people , it will only get stronger from this , KTF

Guest BrandySistaShirl

here here shirl problem is this isnt the 1st time its happened and it wont be the last but if we all stick together then justice will be done and watch um crash and burn long live metrodome and long may they rain

Hello my little friend.

Hope you ad a gud nite n well done on the money you raised. :thumbup:

I dont think these folk mind who they trample on so long as they keep thier pockets well lined.

Unlike joy yocky n team.(WHO PUT A FREE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL ON AT EMPRESS) n gave us soulies

something back to say thankyou for our support.

Who always donate to other charity events no matter how many come up.

And remember joy n yocky hev bin outta work for a very long time.(tho yock as just got himself a well deserved job :lol:

D jin for nothing more times than any of this team would even consider.(its all about money n how much can be made.)

How can they call themselves soulies because im sure we dont treat each other like this.

THATS WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL INT IT!!!!!

See you and sue soon.x

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Hi Nel

I can't believe I'm reading this but nothing surprises me these days, ohmy.gif one thing is for sure bet there isn't many of the South Yorkshire crew attending the Empress on these advertised nights.

There probably trying to recoup some of there losses by bringing in a few handbags thmbdn.gif

I for one will never step foot in there again.

See you soon

Paul

Hello paul.

Totaly agree with your comments.

Its disgusting how some people behave.(they have no thought for anyone else)

The metrodome team have had many phonecalls and words of support.

Dont know how some folk can sleep at night.

Hope to see you soon. Shirl.x

Guest Scarborosoul

Having not been to Empress or Metrodome I think its time to reveal the names of these people so we know who to avoid like the fookin plague. Things like this really get my goat up. They have obviously shit on you guys from the Empress so please dont be bothered about shitting on them. NAME AND SHAME at least for those of use who DO vote with our feet.!!

Rick

Hi Neil,

just heard the new's (well there's a suprise). What you've just said echo's my sentiment's exactly. Will they be playing "Back Stabbers", me think's so.

Woody, totaly disgusted !!!

NEL, JEAN, YOCKY , JOY, WOODY & LINDA

WE ALWAYS ENJOYED OUR VISITS TO THE EMPRESS AND ALL WE CAN SAY IS TO QUOTE THE VELVET SATINS 'NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO YOU'.

ENOUGH SAID.....

AV & PETE

The Empress is dead long live the metrodome!!! :D

I for one will never go back, my beer money will be spent elsewhere. :P

Glad I got a spot there before it finished at least I can say i played while it was at its height :lol:

Hi Nel & all the Soulcrew,

Worded perfect mate........... We have had some "Awesome" nights at YOUR venue......... However, I can't believe what I have just read above!!!

There was obviously Method in their Madness........ (Very Sneaky Hey!!). :thumbup: We will never go to the Empress again. :D

ROLL ON THE GREAT SUCCESS OF "THE METRODOME, BARNSLEY"........... :P

KTF................... Bridgey & Linda....... :lol:

only just noticed this thread because the 'crew' weren't at empress thought it was an old thread.

you say you don't wish 'em bad luck nel.... well, i do my friend.

not in life in general but in this promotion specifically.

hope they don't gross dollar one and it falls around their arses. :unsure:

Guest hurryup

I think we all know who the odds on fav is for it whistling.gif

Yep, don't we just :thumbup:

Agree with everything that's been said - "decent" people will vote with their feet and we'll hear on the grapevine who attends Empress Rooms.

Us Yorkshire folk don't take kindly to betrayal, so to all those who are even contemplating going - "SHAME on you" :thumbup::D

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Yep, don't we just :thumbup:

Agree with everything that's been said - "decent" people will vote with their feet and we'll hear on the grapevine who attends Empress Rooms.

Us Yorkshire folk don't take kindly to betrayal, so to all those who are even contemplating going - "SHAME on you" :sleep3::wicked:

HERE HERE MATEY. :thumbsup::thumbup:

A good venue needs good promoters and the good promoters have moved to

THE METRODOME

If you want a quality night dont accept second best or events run by people who put profit before passion.

Team Yockster, Nell and Co put their hearts and souls, their names and a lot more into running a venue thats why they are successful, thats why people like them as individuals and thats why

mark W and myself are honoured to help with the chill out room at the metrodome.

If the Empress want to run a night let them, its their club, but you cant buy loyalty or friends, the fact there is no mention of a dj line up or a promoter tells me a lot....

Whoever you are doing this event...and i hope your reading this... dont try to hang on the shirt tails of what was..... thats gone.... the Empress ballroom didnt make the event work.... the promoters did and they have moved on ...

I for one will never step foot in the building again.

Geeoooooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson

I,LL SECOND THAT GEORDIE... WHEN ARE WE GONNA FIND OUT WHO THE SPINELESS C**TS ARE :lol:

Hey Up Matty,

Apparently the first one is Sunday 12th April. That's only 4 weeks this coming sunday, they have got to advertise who's the promoters and the DJ's are soon????

The Plot Thickens...............

KTF..................... Bridgey & Linda

(PS: try and let Linda know if you can about my 50th on the 12th. It's for the buffet numbers etc)........... Cheers mate

Hey Up Matty,

Apparently the first one is Sunday 12th April. That's only 4 weeks this coming sunday, they have got to advertise who's the promoters and the DJ's are soon????

Easy SCABS :lol:

I know all are voting with their feet and NOT ATTENDING ! Hurt the venue owners in their pockets, it's the best way thumbup.gif

Rob

Scab events will NEVER win :lol: Greedy Ba****ds in it just for the money, what a sad bunch of tossers they are.

Rob

Your Spot On Rob.............. Can't wait to hear who is Promoting and DJ-in????

It'll all come out in the wash, as they say!!!

What goe's around............ Come's around.

KTF............. Bridgey & Linda

Guest yorks old boy

rise above been there done that,follow your hearts empress is old news.and a lost cause good people stick together.metro for me.

Source Advert