• Replies 20
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

Can someone confirm if the attached is a boot or original. Everything points to a bootleg BUT it does have original circle / drumsticks matrix stamp in the dead wax. Thankyou in advance - Al

post-4286-1239195105_thumb.jpg

in john's bootleg guide its listed as a boot. should be trans american .

i hope its a boot cause i sold a copy on ebay about 3 weeks ago.

rupe

Social source share

in john's bootleg guide its listed as a boot. should be trans american .

i hope its a boot cause i sold a copy on ebay about 3 weeks ago.

rupe

also a boot with 'Trans-American' (I've always considered it to be a boot :yes: )

post-11139-1239198141_thumb.jpg

Social source share

also a boot with 'Trans-American' (I've always considered it to be a boot :yes: )

post-11139-1239198141_thumb.jpg

i'm sure i will get corrected if i'm wrong tongue.gif

but isn't the scan i put up the bootleg - and the one with just 'Trans' on it a legit reissue, not in fact a boot?

Social source share

i'm sure i will get corrected if i'm wrong :yes:

but isn't the scan i put up the bootleg - and the one with just 'Trans' on it a legit reissue, not in fact a boot?

Hi Mike,

Yes I think you're right, it must be the reissue especially with the matrix stamp in it.

A

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Mines trans american but the label is orange with 'Girl, you're my kind of wonderful' as the B side, is that a boot? :yes:

Social source share

Mines trans american but the label is orange with 'Girl, you're my kind of wonderful' as the B side, is that a boot? :yes:

theres a long thread on this somewhere on here already, with every issue discussed and scanned,,,,,,,,,,,,,,orange generally pukka, i know the one i had for 30 years was!!!!!! cheers ezzie

Social source share

As far as I can remember

Orange original

Yellow Trans American re-issue (which I hear is harder to find but that may not be the case)

Yellow Trans boot

maybe that's right.

Kev

Social source share

Im sure thats an original. There should be a machine stamp that looks like a round disc with 2 drumsticks pointing into the middle in a 'V' shape

A

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

As far as I can remember

Orange original

Yellow Trans American re-issue (which I hear is harder to find but that may not be the case)

Yellow Trans boot

maybe that's right.

Kev

Yep i always thought this, the yellow Trans American is a legit second issue. The orange the first issue. Both legit originals.

Not seen a Trans American boot before, Mike's scan looks exactly like the second issue, so maybe it is a second issue Mike and not a boot?

I've seen the yellow Trans one in a sales box recently for £100 but i have no idea what it is. Legit reissue?

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Im sure thats an original. There should be a machine stamp that looks like a round disc with 2 drumsticks pointing into the middle in a 'V' shape

A

Thanks, sorry to hijack your thread! blush.gif

Social source share

Here It Is.

>>> July 2007 <<<

& An Earlier Thread.

>>> February 2006 <<<

i've just been back and read the 2007 thread. I have come to the conclusion that I don't care anymore whether any of em are boots or orig - did my bloody head in reading that lot and still non the wiser wacko.gif

Social source share

to put it simply......

yellow trans american with drumstick stamp......1st issue

orange trans american with drumstick stamp....2nd issue

trans with drumstick stamp.....re issue (legal)

yellow trans american without drumstick stamp.....boot

Yes, Mate.

I Have The Orange Trans-American Label with drumstick stamp, Always Assumed & Told That It Was The First Issue.

However,

The Evidence Of The Phone Number On The Yellow Trans-American with drumstick stamp

Does Point To The Yellow One Actually Preceding The Orange Copy.

i've just been back and read the 2007 thread. I have come to the conclusion that I don't care anymore whether any of em are boots or orig - did my bloody head in reading that lot and still non the wiser wacko.gif

Sorry About This, I Know What You Mean About The Lengthy Debate, As Opinions Do Differ On This Record.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest familytree

biggrin.gif:ohmy::D

Social source share

in touch with jimmy mcfarland

and hes thinking about doing a version of it,been asked by a producer

as he was on,or had something to do with original

Hello,

Jimmy cut the original (unissued) version with producer Lou Barreto and arranger Jack Eskew. The spoken part was at the beginning. The Bob Relf version seems to have used the same backing track but Lou wasn't aware of it for many years. You can tell the musical similarity when you compare it with "Gone With The Wind Is My Love".

Best regards,

Paul

Social source share

Hello,

Jimmy cut the original (unissued) version with producer Lou Barreto and arranger Jack Eskew. The spoken part was at the beginning. The Bob Relf version seems to have used the same backing track but Lou wasn't aware of it for many years. You can tell the musical similarity when you compare it with "Gone With The Wind Is My Love".

Best regards,

Paul

thanks for the info,anyway he may do another cut before spring he said
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert