Paul Panton

Lee Pacey

Micky Fuller

Clive Rayson....

More info at

www.soulsurvivors.co.uk

or tel 0845 678 3340

£8/£6 members & downloads

It's time once again for the annual Brighton Beach Party Northern Soul All-Nighter...

This years event takes place at the Babylon Lounge,Smack on the saefront with the

beach being less than 2o yards from the dancefloor!! How cool is that?? We also plan to

have a Soul Food BBQ as well.....

Two Rooms offering Classic & trad Northern Soul with Modern,Crossover and Rare Groves

down below...So if you have nothing to do on the 3rd of May get youselfs down to Brighton for what will be a cracking nighter....

SO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH...& lovin it... :thumbsup:

I know i'm looking forward to it.....bring it on..... :thumbup: ....

Edited by alfie00soul
  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest BintofSoul

BintofSoul Sister's will be there to support the 3rd Brighton Beach Mini nighter. We're really looking forward to hearing some quality soul music played by our lovely soulful friends thumbup.gif !

The Soul Survivors Present

Brighton Beach Party

Bank Holiday Sunday May 3rd

10pm till 4am

The venue

Babylon Lounge

Western Esplanade

Kingsway

Hove

Brighton...

DJ Line Up.....

Paddy Shevlin(Soul Survivors)

Steve Csordas

Soul Sisters

Simon Penfold

Alfie(Soul In The Crown)

Paddy Rozier

Linda Seddon

Paul Panton

Lee Pacey

Micky Fuller

Clive Rayson....

More info at

www.soulsurvivors.co.uk

or tel 0845 678 3340

It's time once again for the annual Brighton Beach Party Northern Soul All-Nighter...

This years event takes place at the Babylon Lounge,Smack on the saefront with the

beach being less than 2o yards from the dancefloor!! How cool is that?? We also plan to

Two Rooms offering Classic & trad Northern Soul with Modern,Crossover and Rare Groves

down below...So if you have nothing to do on the 3rd of May get youselfs down to Brighton for what will be a cracking nighter....

SO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH...& lovin it... :lol:

I know i'm looking forward to it.....bring it on..... :lol: ....

:(

Promises to be an ULTRA Soulful weekend in this part of the world with The Soul Spinners doing The Chapel Bar, Tunbridge Wells on May 1st and The Sussex Soul Club event at Patching Village Hall on Saturday May 2nd.

Check out https://soulsurvivors.ning.com for news of them.

Concessionary downloads £6 each should be available for Brighton event from 16th April - find them at www.soul-survivors.co.uk

Edited by okehpaddy
Guest the major

:lol:

Promises to be an ULTRA Soulful weekend in this part of the world with The Soul Spinners doing The Chapel Bar, Tunbridge Wells on May 1st and The Sussex Soul Club event at Patching Village Hall on Saturday May 2nd.

Check out https://soulsurvivors.ning.com for news of them.

Concessionary downloads £6 each should be available for Brighton event from 16th April - find them at www.soul-survivors.co.uk

Look forward to hearing your latest CDs. :lol:

The Soul Survivors Present

Brighton Beach Party

Bank Holiday Sunday May 3rd

10pm till 4am

The venue

Babylon Lounge

Western Esplanade

Kingsway

Hove

Brighton...

DJ Line Up.....

Paddy Shevlin(Soul Survivors)

Steve Csordas

Soul Sisters

Simon Penfold

Alfie(Soul In The Crown)

Paddy Rozier

Linda Seddon

Paul Panton

Lee Pacey

Micky Fuller

Clive Rayson....

More info at

www.soulsurvivors.co.uk

or tel 0845 678 3340

SO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH...& lovin it... :lol:

I know i'm looking forward to it.....bring it on..... :lol: ....

Just under 3 weeks to go...roll on the 3rd....it's gonna be a blinder of a night.... :lol:

Really looking forward to this it's going to be a great weekend for Soul in Sussex.

Cheers Manus

Happy to support Manus, Southern Soul and Alfie as you do me.

We've never had so much going on in this part of the world and as long as we all continue to support each other we have a real chance to grow and develop the scene down this way.

It'll never stop the knockers having a pop of course - but the skin gets a little thicker! wink.gif

Guest the major

Cheeky b*gger - and not true!

We only use them for the handbag soulies.....as you did when you guested!!

True, and I never did get a response from either you or the other Paddy as to who went home with extra CDs from that night. Hope they played ok.

Guest BintofSoul

Really looking forward to this it's going to be a great weekend for Soul in Sussex.

Cheers Manus

Be good to see you Manus. Are you going to Sussex Soul Club as well? I hope you are well.

XXX

Be good to see you Manus. Are you going to Sussex Soul Club as well? I hope you are well.

XXX

Hello Nicki - Yes I'm going to both - wish I could make it up to Tunbridge Wells as well but I think I'd be in need of a new liver if I tried 3 nights in a row these days. Looking forward to seeing you all - going to be great weekend.

See you soon

Manus

Edited by manus

Happy to support Manus, Southern Soul and Alfie as you do me.

We've never had so much going on in this part of the world and as long as we all continue to support each other we have a real chance to grow and develop the scene down this way.

It'll never stop the knockers having a pop of course - but the skin gets a little thicker! :lol:

Spot on Paddy - things are looking good down here right now :lol:

Cheers Manus

Really looking forward to this weekend! I, like Manus may not make the opener for similar reasons but we'll do our best to put on a worthy, half-time show! Steve Clancy has an incredible collection & promises to hold nothing back - so should be a real treat :thumbsup: Mr Csordas is 'guaranteed' Soul satisfaction personified plus Newman & yours truly filling in the blanks ph34r.gif

Best bring your dancing shoes, Y'all.. :D

Guest the major

wink.gif . ....Second hand chips...toast with Salad Cream + Black Pepper+ Marmite :shout:

:thumbup:

- Kev.

You now what you want is a good ol' egg banjo .....

Deffo up for this one now; just a question of bnb or back o' the car ....

With so many being in Brighton for the Bank Holiday we are talking to the venue about allowing us to run a session there during the Sunday afternoon/early evening.

With the beach on one side and lawns on the other it does make for a brilliant chilling zone.

Anyhow, will be able to advise on that shortly. It will though be FREE and in all probability an 'open decks' scenario. :thumbsup:

Keep an eye on https://soulsurvivors.ning.com and www.soul-survivors.co.uk

:thumbsup: I met Alfie last night, and would just like to say HE HAS CRAP TASTE!!!!

....in food that is. ....Second hand chips...toast with Salad Cream + Black Pepper+ Marmite :shout:

:D Spot on musically though......and No Cheese!

Have a good'un guys!

- Kev.

Nice one kev....you can't beat marmite on toast with a salad cream & black pepper.....Fantastic...

was nice to meet you.....hope to catch up soon & i'll tell you another top midnight snack you can make....lol

alfie

Guest BintofSoul

With so many being in Brighton for the Bank Holiday we are talking to the venue about allowing us to run a session there during the Sunday afternoon/early evening.

With the beach on one side and lawns on the other it does make for a brilliant chilling zone.

Anyhow, will be able to advise on that shortly. It will though be FREE and in all probability an 'open decks' scenario. :D

Maybe I'll bring me 10 records to spin here Paddy :thumbsup: !!!

Maybe I'll bring me 10 records to spin here Paddy :lol: !!!

I think you should Nicki - definitely!!

I'm a bit worried about the extra costs for security, not to mention the paparazzi interest.

Fatboy Slim, whose planning on coming, may not take too kindly on being overshadowed. He'd probably rip off one of your sounds though!

Guest BintofSoul

I think you should Nicki - definitely!!

I'm a bit worried about the extra costs for security, not to mention the paparazzi interest.

Fatboy Slim, whose planning on coming, may not take too kindly on being overshadowed. He'd probably rip off one of your sounds though!

I've got 13 now, unlucky for some :wave: ! I shall deffo bring them along, just need a pink record box now to match me scooter!. Don't worry too much about security, you can take a girl out of Yorshire...

Guest BintofSoul

Really looking forward to the 3rd Brighton allnighter and playing some of my favourite tunes........ B)

Looking forward to hearing your set Linda, Saturday & Sunday :lol: !

Guest Kitchengroove

Got my passport, and looking forward to sleeping on the beech, must pick up a Barbie for Breakfast (another ambiguous statement)

Guest BintofSoul

SOUL FOR HEROES (SOUTH)... CHARITY ALL-DAYER

27th JUNE 2009 - "Armed Forces Day" - mid-day to midnight.

£10.00 advance tickets only

THE STANLEY HOUSE BALLROOM

GUNDULPH ROAD, CHATHAM, KENT.

The ballroom is part of THE ST GEORGE HOTEL, 7-8 NEW ROAD AVENUE, CHATHAM, ME4 6BB.

DJ's include Sean Chapman, Kevin Kent, Jo Wallace, Paul McKay, Paul Thomas Peter, Mick 'coops' Cooper, Pete 'Caveman' Watkins, Kev Such, Sister Dawn, Gus & The Major.

Paddy has generously agreed to allow me to sell tickets at his mini nighter for the above charity event. Please buy buy buy :lol: !!!!

See the main thread on Soul Source for further details.

Nicki

Edited by BintofSoul

SOUL FOR HEROES (SOUTH)... CHARITY ALL-DAYER

27th JUNE 2009 - "Armed Forces Day" - mid-day to midnight.

£10.00 advance tickets only

THE STANLEY HOUSE BALLROOM

GUNDULPH ROAD, CHATHAM, KENT.

The ballroom is part of THE ST GEORGE HOTEL, 7-8 NEW ROAD AVENUE, CHATHAM, ME4 6BB.

DJ's include Sean Chapman, Kevin Kent, Jo Wallace, Paul McKay, Paul Thomas Peter, Mick 'coops' Cooper, Pete 'Caveman' Watkins, Kev Such, Sister Dawn, Gus & The Major.

Paddy has generously agreed to allow me to sell tickets at his mini nighter for the above charity event. Please buy buy buy :lol: !!!!

See the main thread on Soul Source for further details.

Nicki

More than happy to help Nicki - you can do a whip that night as well if you want.

Concessionary downloads for Ther Beach Party at www.soul-survivors.co.uk and check out The Family at https://soulsurvivors.ning.com

Evening soulies.... :lol:

3 more days to go....really looking forward to this...got a couple of new toons through the post today so hopefully i will be able to give them a spin on sun...that's if no one else does...lol...a couple of nice stompers...roll on sunday for what will be a top top top night down in sunnt brighton...bring it on..... thumbup.gif:thumbsup::ohmy:

alfie

Guest Simon

Anyhow, will be able to advise on that shortly. It will though be FREE and in all probability an 'open decks' scenario. :thumbsup:

Hi Paddy,

Is this part of the day deffo going to be free & if so would you mind if i brought a few sales along?

What time is it likely to start & end?

Cheers

Simon

Evening soulies.... :thumbsup:

3 more days to go....really looking forward to this...got a couple of new toons through the post today so hopefully i will be able to give them a spin on sun...that's if no one else does...lol...a couple of nice stompers...roll on sunday for what will be a top top top night down in sunnt brighton...bring it on..... :lol::lol::no:

alfie

your stompers are my beat ballads Alfie :D

Guest BintofSoul

:rolleyes:laugh.gif:thumbup::):lol::lol: ...lol... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you do make me laugh mr smithers....i thought you liked ballads...

i'll see you on sunday in sunnny brighton.... :g:

just over 2 days to go soulies....can't wait.. :ohmy::P:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't forget to pack that tune Alfie!!!!

Guest andyrattigan

Ill be there for sure.

Should be a good one and nice that there is a Modern/Crossover room as much as I like my 6ts Im equally at home on the modern side of things.

Is there an open decks thing before hand I might bring along a few bist if so?

Cant wait for this see you all down there :D

Ill be there for sure.

Should be a good one and nice that there is a Modern/Crossover room as much as I like my 6ts Im equally at home on the modern side of things.

Is there an open decks thing before hand I might bring along a few bist if so?

Cant wait for this see you all down there :yes:

Hi Andy,

Be good to see you again, we were planning to do something in the run up with an 'Open Decks' policy but realised it would distract from the boys doing the session on Sunday afternoon at Bar Breeze on Worthing seafront. That was very good last month and I don't really want to rain on their parade.

They're worth checking out if you can get over there. It runs from 3pm to 9pm (Free Admission) and I know a few are planning to take that in before coming over to us.

The 'Modern/Crossover' jocks will include Dave Packham, Steve McMahon and Micky Fuller whom I sure you know well. The pedigree of those guys should ensure a pretty wide spectrum I reckon.

Concessionary vouchers for the Brighton Beach Party can be obtained from www.soul-survivors.co.uk

All the latest news at https://soulsurvivors.ning.com

What's that one Nicki? Nosmo King?

:thumbup::thumbup::wicked::lamsey::lol::yes::yes::g::lol::lol::lol:

no it's wayne gibson.....lol

see you on sunday paddy....can't wait......it's gonna be a blinder....

i'll bring that record Nicki just for you.....

SO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH & LOVIN IT.... :D:lol::lol::thumbup:

Edited by alfie00soul
Guest andyrattigan

Hi Andy,

Be good to see you again, we were planning to do something in the run up with an 'Open Decks' policy but realised it would distract from the boys doing the session on Sunday afternoon at Bar Breeze on Worthing seafront. That was very good last month and I don't really want to rain on their parade.

They're worth checking out if you can get over there. It runs from 3pm to 9pm (Free Admission) and I know a few are planning to take that in before coming over to us.

The 'Modern/Crossover' jocks will include Dave Packham, Steve McMahon and Micky Fuller whom I sure you know well. The pedigree of those guys should ensure a pretty wide spectrum I reckon.

Concessionary vouchers for the Brighton Beach Party can be obtained from www.soul-survivors.co.uk All the latest news at https://soulsurvivors.ning.com

Cheers Paddy see you there :D

Guest BintofSoul

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no it's wayne gibson.....lol

see you on sunday paddy....can't wait......it's gonna be a blinder....

i'll bring that record Nicki just for you.....

SO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH & LOVIN IT.... :lol::lol::lol::thumbup:

Nice one Alfie :D . Please can you also bring Sarge's scraf (you picked it up on Sat when he left it at the scooter gig), he's hoping to join us on Sunday :thumbsup: .

Source Advert