J.j. Barnes - Talk Of The Grapevine

Is this record rare ? Just wandering coz its my favourite Barnes song and i never hear it anywhere, any DJ's play it ?

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is this record rare ? Just wandering coz its my favourite Barnes song and i never hear it anywhere, any DJ's play it ?

link

Not rare, in fact it's a fairly recent recording which is probably why it doesn't get many spins (think it was a Levine production) - Manship has it for a fiver.

Social source share

Thanks for the info, i never knew that, i guess if it has something to do with Levine i can understand why it dont get played, shame realy, it is a great tune

Social source share

Top tune in my opinion Vic, fiver on Manship plus similar in most vinyl selling shops where i have seen it.

I will be playing it on Sunday :D

link

It is one of the (few) really good things that Ian has done. I rate it up with "Man up in the sky" by Johnny Bristol.

Social source share

It is one of the (few) really good things that Ian has done. I rate it up with "Man up in the sky" by Johnny Bristol.

link

I agree with you on this track, not sure about the Johnny Bristol though.

Social source share

I agree with you on this track, not sure about the Johnny Bristol though.

link

I meant in terms of "IL" productions - always thought JB was one of the better ones. Oh and Frances Nero of course "Footsteps". But hey, lets not turn this into a "Levine Luvvies Love-in" - there's enough of that going on in other threads! :D In terms of the productions though, always believed that the number of "Dog's dollops" always far outweighed the number of "Dogs bollox" productions. :D:P

Social source share

I meant in terms of "IL" productions - always thought JB was one of the better ones. Oh and Frances Nero of course "Footsteps". But hey, lets not turn this into a "Levine Luvvies Love-in" - there's enough of that going on in other threads!  :D In terms of the productions though, always believed that the number of "Dog's dollops" always far outweighed the number of "Dogs bollox" productions.  :D   :P

link

Well thats true yes. Recently picked up an IL produced Evelyn Thomas 12" Sorry Wrong Number (79p), only reason ive still got it is i would'nt want anyone to know i had it :D

Social source share

Well thats true yes. Recently picked up an IL produced Evelyn Thomas 12" Sorry Wrong Number (79p), only reason ive still got it is i would'nt want anyone to know i had it :D

link

:P Now they do dont they.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

:D Now they do dont they.

link

There are others worthy of mention

Ronnie McNier - Wholeheartedly (superb record) :P

Supremes and Originals - Back by popliar demand (had a few plays in it's day)

Chuck Jackson - All over the world

Saundra Edwards - Tell a fool goodbye (same riff as Love Bandit)

David Ruffin - Hurt the one you love (almost proto-house with a great vocal)

and one of my favourite's from Motor City

Richard Popcorn Wylie - See this man in love :D:D

Social source share

Ronnie McNier - Wholeheartedly (superb record)  smile.gif

Richard Popcorn Wylie - See this man in love  :ohmy:   :D

link

You just don't know when to stop lad shhh.gif:D:yes:

Social source share

Ronnie McNier - Wholeheartedly (superb record)  biggrin.gif

Richard Popcorn Wylie - See this man in love  :ohmy:   shhh.gif

link

Can just about stand the Chuck Jackson one the rest are ok really but you were joking about the RPW track were you not :yes:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

You just don't know when to stop lad  :D  

link

:yes:unsure.gif I think i have a point :D

Can just about stand the Chuck Jackson one the rest are ok really but you were joking about the RPW track were you not wink.gif

link

And yes i am serious about the RPW track :D Yes it's a very 80's style production but no worse than others of the time and i like the vocal :thumbsup: and Ronnie McNier is great i really don't care what you say, i think it stands up as a modern tune very well ta :D

OK I'll give it a rest now :yes:

Social source share

:thumbsup:   wicked.gif I think i have a point  :D

And yes i am serious about the RPW track  :D   Yes it's a very 80's style production but no worse than others of the time and i like the vocal  :yes: and Ronnie McNier is great i really don't care what you say, i think it stands up as a modern tune very well ta  wicked.gif

OK I'll give it a rest now  :yes:

link

No dont get me wrong i prefer modern, most of my collection is 70s-80s and i like the Ronnie McNier a lot :D But the RPW not my favourite tune, thats it really.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I know it is not one of his, but Ronnie McNeir "Good Side Of Your Love" on Tortoise Intl. sounds pretty Levine to me! :thumbsup:   wicked.gif   :D

link

:yes::yes:wicked.gif:D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert