Dynamics

Guest soultempo

Guest soultempo

Apologies if this question has been asked before ... but I'm a little confused?

Dynamics - what a shame LP (black gold)

Dynamics - monster double header columbia 45 - You Can Make It If You ... / we found love

Dynamics - COTILLION material

Dynamics - RCA material

etc. ,,,

I just assumed they were the same band but i'm being told otherwise ... so which groups match up ... :rolleyes:

thanks in advance ... best, Shaun.

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Apologies if this question has been asked before ... but I'm a little confused?

Dynamics - what a shame LP (black gold)

Dynamics - monster double header columbia 45 - You Can Make It If You ... / we found love

Dynamics - COTILLION material

Dynamics - RCA material

etc. ,,,

I just assumed they were the same band but i'm being told otherwise ... so which groups match up ... :thumbsup:

thanks in advance ... best, Shaun.

Hi Shaun, I'm pretty sure the Dynamics on RCA, Cotillion and Black Gold are the same outfit, the names Zerben Hicks and Ronnie Shannon are intertwined throughout the groups recording career.

But I think the Wingate Dynamics are different, think they were the original Dramatics?

not 100% mind, the more learned on 'ere will know for sure :rolleyes:

steve

Social source share

MISED OUT BRAINSTORM 122,WOMEN,THIER SUPA DUBA RARE TRACK ON DYNA21864-IM A LONELY MAN,THE ONE ON DOUGLAS 200,YOU DONT SEEM TO REALISE AND THE R/B WAILER ON SAA-CE 339,ALSO MISERY AND THATS A NATURAL FACT ON BIG TOP,A LATIN TRACK ON SEAFAIR BOLO ALSO!

SAME DYNAMICS?

BAZ A :rolleyes:

Social source share

The Dynamics on Cotillion, RCA, Columbia and Black Gold are the same outfit. One of the greatest unheralded soul harmony groups in my opinion.

The records on Top Ten, Wingate (The Dramatics in this case as someone has pointed out), Brainstorm, Dyna etc. are all by different groups.

Social source share

Guest soultempo

thanks everyone ... best Shaun ... :wicked:

it had been suggested to me that perhaps the black gold dynamics & columbia/cotillion dynamics were different groups ... :ohmy:

Social source share

Hello,

Does anyone have a scan of the Columbia single "We Found Love" / "You Can Make It If You Try" ?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Hello,

Does anyone have a scan of the Columbia single "We Found Love" / "You Can Make It If You Try" ?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Mooney

Hi Paul. Scan of "you can make it side" is here:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300095413570

I have the promo and can scan the other side for you if you need it, just PM me. Hopefully someone here already comes up with it, though. Thanks.

Social source share

thanks everyone ... best Shaun ... :thumbsup:

it had been suggested to me that perhaps the black gold dynamics & columbia/cotillion dynamics were different groups ... :lol:

they definitely were the same detroit group. it even talks about the ice cream song on the back of the black gold lp.

Social source share

Guest soultempo

thanks chaps ... totally reasurred ... :thumbsup:

several totally unconnected persons were hinting otherwise ... so the doubts were creepin' in ...

anyway thanks again everyone ... :lol: ... brill' stuff!

Social source share

The Dynamics on Cotillion, RCA, Columbia and Black Gold are the same outfit. One of the greatest unheralded soul harmony groups in my opinion.

The records on Top Ten, Wingate (The Dramatics in this case as someone has pointed out), Brainstorm, Dyna etc. are all by different groups.

What about the Big top out fit gareth? im guessing the same as Cottilion,RCA lot?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert