John And The Weirdest

I know about the boot being modern vinyl and brown when held up to the light etc,

but how can anybody tell if this is real ?

The seller does NOT say its an original and hasn't replied to my emails. Anybody help ?

[url=https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4725500326&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1]https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Sorry, can't get link to work :D

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Apart from the reddish tint to the vinyl when you hold it to the light, you can actually hear the record being dubbed from a copy with very minor surface noise when you put the stylus onto it. It's like silent then you hear this faint hiss.

Social source share

Bootleg!

link

Thought it would be, but is the paper matt rather than shiny or anything ?

BTW, look at the bidding. If its genuine, the reserve was set @ $750

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

Guest Dan

bootleg

i had one 10 years ago in a small collection i bought and we both agreed it was a boot

date stamp was exactly the same as this one and you could see through the vinyl

discussed on soul talk a while back, general consensus on there was that this defines the boot

i emailed the seller a while ago to point this out but had no reply

dan

by the way i will be scrabbling around in the attic with no dignity whatsoever if wrong!

Social source share

bootleg

i had one 10 years ago in a small collection i bought and we both agreed it was a boot

date stamp was exactly the same as this one and you could see through the vinyl

discussed on soul talk a while back, general consensus on there was that this defines the boot

i emailed the seller a while ago to point this out but had no reply

dan

by the way i will be scrabbling around in the attic with no dignity whatsoever if wrong!

link

Also odd not mentioning 'No Time' if they know what there doing :D

Social source share

Guest Dan

Also odd not mentioning 'No Time' if they know what there doing  :D

link

yeah

is it just me as well or are you suspicious of any major level items being sold with blurred pictures taken at an angle in the dark by a blind man with a disposable camera with no film in it? and the lens cap on?

if you had a real j+w to sell you probably wouldn't need to ebay it but if you did surely you'd present it properly?

Social source share

Emailed high bidder the minute I saw it and warned him. If it was real the reserve would be set at more than $750. Also 99% of things offered in the UK that have been booted will be boots. Not sure that makes much sense, but it's oh so true as I have unfortunately found out...

BTW has anone seen that Holly St. Clair (ABC demo) - £80 and it has about 47 bids - INSANE :D

Billy

Social source share

Emailed high bidder the minute I saw it and warned him. If it was real the reserve would be set at more than $750. Also 99% of things offered in the UK that have been booted will be boots. Not sure that makes much sense, but it's oh so true as I have unfortunately found out...

BTW has anone seen that Holly St. Clair (ABC demo) - £80 and it has about 47 bids - INSANE :D

Billy

link

What about these then Billy ?

post-1834-1115654877.jpg

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

when you hold it to the light, you can actually hear the record being dubbed from a copy with very minor surface noise

link

Bl**dy Hell Pete you really must be an expert if you can do this :D:):D

Social source share

I know about the boot being modern vinyl and brown when held up to the light etc,

but how can anybody tell if this is real ?

The seller does NOT say its an original and hasn't replied to  my emails. Anybody help ?

[url=https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4725500326&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1]https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Sorry, can't get link to work  :D

link

The original has AS in a circle in the runout grooves which is pressed in rather than the boot which is scratched in (these fooled Tim Brown a few years ago) it also has a delta 68365 i have compared the boot next to my original and the boot is very light in weight. the original shares the same AS mark as Ray Agee and The Sweets

Ted

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert