Just Bought This And I'm In Love

Yes really nice , let us know if it works.  If not, you could try    Dansette.com   ( restoration and repairs ) .

yeah just been looking there actually carty, they sell spares and accesories too. Just ordered 2 batteries of eBay, gonna give it a good clean up and then everything crossed. It had the old batteries in that were badly oxidised, but fortunately the connectors had been disconnected. that could be a sign that it doesn't work, or maybe the previous owners couldn't be bothered changing the batteries?

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

1. Its gorgeous  just superb seen these but never had one, used to have to make do with  my Bush Valve job I think I can still remember one of the valves been a FM38 not sure single peaker but I used to do telies so I would rob the speakers and wire them all up the the bush, we then got in 1976 a stereo sound still had same deck Garrard SP25, spent most of my mid 70's absorbed in electronics but the Dansette was just gorgeous gorgeous if you need spares like old resistors caps and stuff I still have racks of old component's, if you need em.. 
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I wouldn't be playing any rare records on that. It'll eat styrene for fun.

I once met a Rock'n'Roll collector at a record fair who sold 'upgraded' 1950's portable record players. 'upgraded' meaning he spent ages improving the tone arm to a) putting much less weight on the record and b) fitting new state-of-the-art needles. He said any 45 could be played w/out any damage.

Unfortunately he charged a lot. Didn't stop folks to buy them though.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1. Its gorgeous  just superb seen these but never had one, used to have to make do with  my Bush Valve job I think I can still remember one of the valves been a FM38 not sure single peaker but I used to do telies so I would rob the speakers and wire them all up the the bush, we then got in 1976 a stereo sound still had same deck Garrard SP25, spent most of my mid 70's absorbed in electronics but the Dansette was just gorgeous gorgeous if you need spares like old resistors caps and stuff I still have racks of old component's, if you need em.. 

Excellent news, Thank you, I will see what happens and let you know if it fires up with new batteries.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!