A Taste Of Honey May 22nd

Guest Bearsoul

Guest Bearsoul

post-501-1240181449_thumb.jpg

BEARSOUL & FRIENDS PRESENT

A TASTE OF HONEY

THE WALDORF HOTEL . 12 GORE STREET . MANCHESTER . M1 6AQ .

YOUR DISC - JOCKEYS FOR AN EVENING OF SOUL WITH AN INTERNATIONAL FLAVOUR WILL BE :

MOISES UNDERGROUND ( MEXICO DF ) FLANNY ( ORWELL ETC ). LIAM QUINN ( BEAT BOUTIQUE ) . MARIA WILLINGHAM ( MIDDLETON SOULTOWN ). KEITH WILLIAMS (CREWS' FINEST) . KENNY 'SOULHUSTLER' ONIONS (RUGBY etc). BEARSOUL AKA CHRIS MORGAN .

LAST ONE BEFORE SUMMER RECESS ...BE BACK IN SEPTEMBER WITH NEW FORMAT BUT SAME QUALITY !!!!!!!!!

MOISES UNDERGROUND ..FROM MEXICO CITY WILL BE JOINING US FOR THIS ONE ...MOISES PROMOTES AND ORGANISES 'THE CHEWING-GUM' MOD ,SKA , R&B & NORTHERN WEEKENDER IN MEXICO CITY , AS WELL AS PLAYING AND SINGING IN HIS OWN BAND ......AND WRITING A MOD/SOUL FANZINE IN MEXICO ....HE'S AN R&B MAN ...LOVES HIS NORTHERN..AND PLAYS A MEAN-BLUES-HARP ...AND HE'S ONLY 23 YEARS OLD ..BLIMEY !!!!!!! THE FAB LISETTE WILL BE WITH HIM SHE'S JUST PLAIN OLD FAB AND GREAT DANCER WITH TOP TASTE IN MUSIC SHE KNOWS HER STUFF ...SO GET ON DOWN AND GIVE THEM A GROOVEY BRITISH WELCOME ... BUT HEY !! BRUSH UP YOUR SPANISH !!!!!!!!!!

THE REST OF THE BILL Y'ALL WILL BE FAMILIAR WITH... INCLUDING 'THE MIGHTY FLANNY' .....KEITH WILLLIAMS 'MR SOUL-SEARCHER' ....'MR SOUL-HUSTLER' HIMSELF ' KENNY ONIONS .......THE FANTABULOUS ' MARIA WILLINGHAM' & LAST BUT NOT LEAST MR 'BEAT BOUTIQUE' 'LIAM QUINN' SO BUSINESS AS USUAL..ANOTHER QUALITY NIGHT OF TUNES...WITH AN INTERNATIONAL FLAVOUR...MIGHT SPIN A FEW MYSELF !!!!

CPTN M :thumbsup:

post-501-1240182723_thumb.jpg

Edited by bearsoul
  • Replies 124
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsoul

post-501-1240182893_thumb.jpg

LINE-UP YET TO BE CONFIRMED ......EARLY FLYER FOR MEXICO 'CHEWING-GUM' MOD ..SKA ..R&B & NORTHERN SOUL-WEEKENDER ' JULY 2009..THIS IS THE WEEKENDER OUR SPECIAL-GUEST IN MAY 'MOISES UNDERGROUND' PROMOTES & PRESENTS !!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Bearsoul

DON'T MISS THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!

LAST HONEY-GROOVATHON UNTILL SEPTEMBER AS WE'RE OFF TO THE SEASIDE !!!!!

JUST PRAYING ALL OUR GOOD-FRIENDS ARE OK IN MEXICO AND HOPE OUR SPECIAL GUEST 'MOISES' CAN BE WITH US ....FINGERS CROSSED !!!!!!!

CPTN M :lol:

DON'T MISS THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!

LAST HONEY-GROOVATHON UNTILL SEPTEMBER AS WE'RE OFF TO THE SEASIDE !!!!!

JUST PRAYING ALL OUR GOOD-FRIENDS ARE OK IN MEXICO AND HOPE OUR SPECIAL GUEST 'MOISES' CAN BE WITH US ....FINGERS CROSSED !!!!!!!

CPTN M :thumbup:

Lookin forward to meeting with the captain an co & my initiation to the delights of Honey :thumbup:

Ken

Guest Bearsoul

Will be up for this to hassle my buddy Flanny :yes:

THE MIGHTY FLANNY !

..ACE CHATTING AT GREATSTONE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOURGOODSELF AND JAYNE OF COURSE !!!! :yes:

Edited by bearsoul
Guest Bearsoul

Another Honey I'm gonna miss :yes:

You'll have a fab time Ken, see ya all soonish..........

DONT MISS JUNE 28TH CPL SHIELDS ....AT YOUR PERIL!! INVITES SOON ! :yes:

Edited by bearsoul

post-501-1240181449_thumb.jpg

BEARSOUL & FRIENDS PRESENT

A TASTE OF HONEY

THE WALDORF HOTEL . 12 GORE STREET . MANCHESTER . M1 6AQ .

YOUR DISC - JOCKEYS FOR AN EVENING OF SOUL WITH AN INTERNATIONAL FLAVOUR WILL BE :

MOISES UNDERGROUND ( MEXICO DF ) FLANNY ( ORWELL ETC ). LIAM QUINN ( BEAT BOUTIQUE ) . MARIA WILLINGHAM ( MIDDLETON SOULTOWN ). KEITH WILLIAMS (CREWS' FINEST) . KENNY 'SOULHUSTLER' ONIONS (RUGBY etc). BEARSOUL AKA CHRIS MORGAN .

LAST ONE BEFORE SUMMER RECESS ...BE BACK IN SEPTEMBER WITH NEW FORMAT BUT SAME QUALITY !!!!!!!!!

MOISES UNDERGROUND ..FROM MEXICO CITY WILL BE JOINING US FOR THIS ONE ...MOISES PROMOTES AND ORGANISES 'THE CHEWING-GUM' MOD ,SKA , R&B & NORTHERN WEEKENDER IN MEXICO CITY , AS WELL AS PLAYING AND SINGING IN HIS OWN BAND ......AND WRITING A MOD/SOUL FANZINE IN MEXICO ....HE'S AN R&B MAN ...LOVES HIS NORTHERN..AND PLAYS A MEAN-BLUES-HARP ...AND HE'S ONLY 23 YEARS OLD ..BLIMEY !!!!!!! THE FAB LISETTE WILL BE WITH HIM SHE'S JUST PLAIN OLD FAB AND GREAT DANCER WITH TOP TASTE IN MUSIC SHE KNOWS HER STUFF ...SO GET ON DOWN AND GIVE THEM A GROOVEY BRITISH WELCOME ... BUT HEY !! BRUSH UP YOUR SPANISH !!!!!!!!!!

THE REST OF THE BILL Y'ALL WILL BE FAMILIAR WITH... INCLUDING 'THE MIGHTY FLANNY' .....KEITH WILLLIAMS 'MR SOUL-SEARCHER' ....'MR SOUL-HUSTLER' HIMSELF ' KENNY ONIONS .......THE FANTABULOUS ' MARIA WILLINGHAM' & LAST BUT NOT LEAST MR 'BEAT BOUTIQUE' 'LIAM QUINN' SO BUSINESS AS USUAL..ANOTHER QUALITY NIGHT OF TUNES...WITH AN INTERNATIONAL FLAVOUR...MIGHT SPIN A FEW MYSELF !!!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

Wonderous DJ lineup , so sorry all you honey guys n gals gonna have to miss this one :lol: , see ya all at June ATOH alldayer :thumbup:

GONNA BRILL FOR SURE :lol:

ANDY N DENISE

York Modernist Weekender,15-17 May 2009, Unique event of Northern Soul, Ska, Mod, Motown, RnB Two Tone. Top DJs, live bands, merchandise stalls, camping & caravaning facilities. Full weekend pass £15 (including camping), day pass £5. For tickets & further information:tel 0845 4638719 or www.jimvegaspromotions.co.uk

The 8th WHITBY SOUL WEEKENDER. 3- 5 July . Northern Anthems/Modern Up Front Grooves and Classics including an ALL NIGHTER.

Tickets available for ALL WEEKEND or SATURDAY only. Unrivalled East Coast Weekender DJ Line-up in 2 Rooms .

Andy Davies-Soul Sam-Chris King- Colin Curtis- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-Mick H- Sean Chapman- Eddy Edmundson -Snowy- Nige Brown-Neil Jones-Bob Hinsley-Barry Maleady- Richard Cryer -Andy Bellwood -Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood--Dave Raistrick- The SOULTOWN/Middleton Crew . SPECIAL PRICE BREAKS; book on line at

www.goldsoul.co.uk for 'buy 3 get the 4th free' ticket offer.

Saturday only passes at £20 are available on line

Guest Bearsoul

Wonderous DJ lineup , so sorry all you honey guys n gals gonna have to miss this one :thumbup: , see ya all at June ATOH alldayer :thumbup:

GONNA BRILL FOR SURE :wave:

ANDY N DENISE

York Modernist Weekender,15-17 May 2009, Unique event of Northern Soul, Ska, Mod, Motown, RnB Two Tone. Top DJs, live bands, merchandise stalls, camping & caravaning facilities. Full weekend pass £15 (including camping), day pass £5. For tickets & further information:tel 0845 4638719 or www.jimvegaspromotions.co.uk

The 8th WHITBY SOUL WEEKENDER. 3- 5 July . Northern Anthems/Modern Up Front Grooves and Classics including an ALL NIGHTER.

Tickets available for ALL WEEKEND or SATURDAY only. Unrivalled East Coast Weekender DJ Line-up in 2 Rooms .

Andy Davies-Soul Sam-Chris King- Colin Curtis- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-Mick H- Sean Chapman- Eddy Edmundson -Snowy- Nige Brown-Neil Jones-Bob Hinsley-Barry Maleady- Richard Cryer -Andy Bellwood -Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood--Dave Raistrick- The SOULTOWN/Middleton Crew . SPECIAL PRICE BREAKS; book on line at

www.goldsoul.co.uk for 'buy 3 get the 4th free' ticket offer.

Saturday only passes at £20 are available on line

all-dayer ??? Private do Andy !!!!! sssshhhhhh !!!!!! :(

Guest Bearsoul

]

DONT MISS JUNE 28TH CPL SHIELDS ....AT YOUR PERIL!! INVITES

===============================================

Dont think i will forget 28 June its my birthday

:(

Guest Bearsoul

LOOKING HIGHLY UNLIKEY THAT OUR SPECIAL GUEST AND VERY GOOD FRIEND 'MOISES' & HIS TOP LADY ' THE FAB LISETTE' WILL BE JOINING US FROM MEXICO ..BUT WAITING FOR WORD AND PRAYING ALL OUR MEX-SOULSTARS AND VERY GOOD FRIENDS ARE OK OUT THERE !!!

LOOKING HIGHLY UNLIKEY THAT OUR SPECIAL GUEST AND VERY GOOD FRIEND 'MOISES' & HIS TOP LADY ' THE FAB LISETTE' WILL BE JOINING US FROM MEXICO ..BUT WAITING FOR WORD AND PRAYING ALL OUR MEX-SOULSTARS AND VERY GOOD FRIENDS ARE OK OUT THERE !!!

CPTN M :D

================================================================================

===

I,ll second that Chris either way its gonna be a cracklin nite !!!

Guest Bearsoul

gonna try and make this one chris, looks good.

pete

Hope you can Pete !! Just Chillin afta Bamberg at moment , should be recovered by ATOH :thumbsup:

Guest Bearsoul

Im going to try to make it for the full night this time, enjoyed my last visit even though was only brief....

BE ACE TO CYA !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Bearsoul

================================================================================

===

I,ll second that Chris either way its gonna be a cracklin nite !!!

I RECKON IT WILL IAN .!!!!!

..ALSO ON THIS NIGHT ....

MAN ABOUT TOWN 'BEEKS' WILL BE HITTING US WITH A FEW SOUNDS EARLY-DOORS AND WE DUNNA MEAN 'LIGHT MY FIRE' ..AND IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY Y'ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Beeks

..ALSO ON THIS NIGHT ....

MAN ABOUT TOWN 'BEEKS' WILL BE HITTING US WITH A FEW SOUNDS EARLY-DOORS AND WE DUNNA MEAN 'LIGHT MY FIRE' ..AND IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY Y'ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beeks Birthday Bash...Be there thumbup.gif

Guest Bearsoul

BETTER START GETTIN THE PLAYBOX PRIMED

CAN U TURN LEFT TO PLACE COMING PAST THE STATION

OR DO I HAVE YOU GO ROUND BLOCK :lol:

still can !!!!!!! but we'll get ya there come hell or high-water !

cptn m thumbsup.gif

Edited by bearsoul
Guest Bearsoul

Im going to try to make it for the full night this time, enjoyed my last visit even though was only brief....

YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED !

STILL WAITING ON OUR MEXICAN GUESTS BUT UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND WITH THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT ADVISING AGAINST ALL BUT ESSENTIAL TRAVEL , IT'S LOOKING MORE AND MORE UNLIKELY THAT 'MOISES & LISETTE' WILL BE JOINING US BUT SHOULD KNOW SOON..A DARN SHAME BUT STILL TOP GUESTS AND TOP SOUNDS TO ENTERTAIN US AND SATISFY OUR SOULS !!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bearsoul

BEEN A TAD QUIET ON THIS MONTHS HONEY AS WE WERE WAITING TO SEE IF OUR GROOVSTARS FROM MEXICO WOULD BE JOINING US ...WELL IT LOOKS LIKE FULL-STEAM AHEAD AND NO ! YOU WONT NEED MASKS....BUT BE HOT TO TROT !!! GET IT ??? I'VE GOT WORSE JOKES THAN THAT I CAN BE A LOT RASHER !!! ANYWAY COME AND PIG-OUT ( oh no !!! stoppit now !!!) ON A FEAST OF RARE..NOT SO RARE ....FAB , GEAR N GROOVEY TUNES...EXPECT A STREAK OF QUALITY R&B TOO AS OUR MAN 'MOISES' FROM MEXICO KNOWS HIS STUFF..IT'S GONNA BE TASTY !!!!!!!!!!! HOPE Y'ALL GET DOWN AND GIVE HIM A RED HOT SIZZLING MANCHESTER WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LINE-UP LATER !!! AND DON'T FORGET OUR VERY OWN 'BEEKS' WILL BE SPINNING EARLY DOORS THEN GETTING A TAD MERRY AS IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY YEAA !!!!!!!!!!...TIMES LATER BUT IT'S ROUGHLY GONNA BE BEARSOUL...BEEKS..LIAM ..KENNY O...KEITH W...FLANNY ..MARIA W...MOISES UNDERGROUND N BEARSOUL........CY'ALL AT THE WALDORF FOR A HEADY BREW OF THIS THING CALLED SOUL .....YESIREEBOB !!!!!!

BEEN A TAD QUIET ON THIS MONTHS HONEY AS WE WERE WAITING TO SEE IF OUR GROOVSTARS FROM MEXICO WOULD BE JOINING US ...WELL IT LOOKS LIKE FULL-STEAM AHEAD AND NO ! YOU WONT NEED MASKS....BUT BE HOT TO TROT !!! GET IT ??? I'VE GOT WORSE JOKES THAN THAT I CAN BE A LOT RASHER !!! ANYWAY COME AND PIG-OUT ( oh no !!! stoppit now !!!) ON A FEAST OF RARE..NOT SO RARE ....FAB , GEAR N GROOVEY TUNES...EXPECT A STREAK OF QUALITY R&B TOO AS OUR MAN 'MOISES' FROM MEXICO KNOWS HIS STUFF..IT'S GONNA BE TASTY !!!!!!!!!!! HOPE Y'ALL GET DOWN AND GIVE HIM A RED HOT SIZZLING MANCHESTER WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LINE-UP LATER !!! AND DON'T FORGET OUR VERY OWN 'BEEKS' WILL BE SPINNING EARLY DOORS THEN GETTING A TAD MERRY AS IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY YEAA !!!!!!!!!!...TIMES LATER BUT IT'S ROUGHLY GONNA BE BEARSOUL...BEEKS..LIAM ..KENNY O...KEITH W...FLANNY ..MARIA W...MOISES UNDERGROUND N BEARSOUL........CY'ALL AT THE WALDORF FOR A HEADY BREW OF THIS THING CALLED SOUL .....YESIREEBOB !!!!!!

Glad to see the Mexican contingent will be in attendance not long to go now :D

Guest Bearsoul

Looking forward to my Birthday Knees up greatly!! :D

Any drink donations welcome...i'm not fussy :thumbsup:

I'll have to bring some beer tokens then !!

Can you kick us off in style then Beeks....obviously with 'Moises' coming all the way from South America we;'re gonna give him a bit more time....so it's gonna be 45 min spots for this final Taste of Honey before the summer break , but WOW !!! what a way to go out...

look out for details of re-shaped ..re-modelled 'Taste of Honey' cominatcha in September !!!!! New Format ....all will be revealed !!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile get yerselves down ta The WaldorF this Friday and shake yer groovethang !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cptn M :thumbsup:

Guest Beeks

You do know you'll be inundated with boxes of tea bags now Beeks :thumbsup:

We should be there, but Happy Birthday in advance just in case :D

:thumbsup: So long as it's not Earl Grey!

Hoping to get down to this...was my birthday this weekend and missed out completely on any birthday celebrations due to being holed up with flippin work :D Had train tickets booked for the 100 club and everything! And seeing that it's the last one and Beat Boutique was last week (therefore no risk of being too big a dirty stop out)...I think the passout may be secured!!

Guest Beeks

I'll have to bring some beer tokens then !!

Can you kick us off in style then Beeks....obviously with 'Moises' coming all the way from South America we;'re gonna give him a bit more time....so it's gonna be 45 min spots for this final Taste of Honey before the summer break ,

Yes mate...i'm off out for food beforehand with the other half so just give me a shout when you want me to arrive via PM and ill be there...

Got some tasty little Rhythm & Soul belters to unleash :D

Edited by Beeks

:thumbsup: So long as it's not Earl Grey!

Why not?.... I LOVE Earl Grey,I'd drink it even if you didnt! :thumbsup:

Yes mate...i'm off out for food beforehand with the other half so just give me a shout when you want me to arrive via PM and ill be there...

Got some tasty little Rhythm & Soul belters to unleash :D

That's presuming,of course, that YOU are not too drunk by that stage birthday boy, and I'M not too directionally dyslexic to get us there! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You do know you'll be inundated with boxes of tea bags now Beeks :thumbsup:

We should be there, but Happy Birthday in advance just in case :D

Be nice to see you again Joanie :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest Bearsoul

Hoping to get down to this...was my birthday this weekend and missed out completely on any birthday celebrations due to being holed up with flippin work :thumbsup: Had train tickets booked for the 100 club and everything! And seeing that it's the last one and Beat Boutique was last week (therefore no risk of being too big a dirty stop out)...I think the passout may be secured!!

WE'LL HELP YOU CELEBRATE IN STYLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Guest Bearsoul

Got some tasty little Rhythm & Soul belters to unleash :thumbup:

LOOKING FORWARD TO THEM THERE TUNES SIR !!!!!! WE'LL DO A BIT HERE AND THERE WITH OUR MEX-MOD-MAURAUDER FROM SOUTH OF THE BORDER..GONNA BE TOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

Guest Bearsoul

Howdo Cap'n M and Senor V!

Sorry that Ferrett and I won't be able to make this one -I'm sure y'all have an ace time anyhow :thumbup:

Great tunage is ALWAYS the order of the day at 'the Honey'!! :thumbsup:

Enjoy...

See you both again soon

C xx

CLEETHORPES ???? CYA SOON CXXX

Guest Bearsoul

International here reporting in for Duty Captain M... Cant wait to spunk out some of my tuneage to y'all at TOH... Should be a great night!...

L

TOP MAN..GONNA BE A GROOVATHON PAR EXCELLENCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Bearsoul

WITH A HEAVY HEART I HAVE TO ANNOUNCE THAT OUR MEXICAN FRIENDS HAVE PASSPORT PROBLEMS ...

AND BELIEVE ME FROM EXPERIENCE ...THINGS TAKE TIME DOWN MEXICO WAY.......

SO THE UPSHOT IS THEY MAY NOT BE HERE UNTILL NEXT MONDAY AT EARLIEST.........

SO INTERNATIONAL NIGHT AT THE WALDORF IS LOOKING LIKE A DISTINCTLY BRITISH AFFAIR.......

BUT IT AINT NO SECRET AFFAIR...

WHAT IT IS ..........IS TOP TUNES KNOWN & UNKNOWN....... TOP CROWD.......

AND TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE TOP ...IT'S BEEKS BIRTHDAY ......

CY'ALL FRIDDDAYYYYYYYYYY NIIIGHHHTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M :ph34r:

Edited by bearsoul

WITH A HEAVY HEART I HAVE TO ANNOUNCE THAT OUR MEXICAN FRIENDS HAVE PASSPORT PROBLEMS ...

AND BELIEVE ME FROM EXPERIENCE ...THINGS TAKE TIME DOWN MEXICO WAY.......

SO THE UPSHOT IS THEY MAY NOT BE HERE UNTILL NEXT MONDAY AT EARLIEST.........

SO INTERNATIONAL NIGHT AT THE WALDORF IS LOOKING LIKE A DISTINCTLY BRITISH AFFAIR.......

BUT IT AINT NO SECRET AFFAIR...

WHAT IT IS ..........IS TOP TUNES KNOWN & UNKNOWN....... TOP CROWD.......

AND TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE TOP ...IT'S BEEKS BIRTHDAY ......

CY'ALL FRIDDDAYYYYYYYYYY NIIIGHHHTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M :ph34r:

Cannot wait for this night, we's a gonnna a paaartyy!...

Guest Beeks

Like it's 1999...but ten years later! :lol:thumbup.gif

Edited by Beeks
Guest Bearsoul

YESIREE !!!!!!!!!!! GONNA BE A KILLA PARTY DOWN IN PEOPLE TOWN FOR SURE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Bearsoul

I could say 1959 as im the big 50 in a couple of months

you go for it Beeks baby :thumbsup:

MINE SOON KEN !!!!!!!!! A VINTAGE YEAR LOL :lol:

Source Advert