Don't Look In That Record Box

blush.gif To get away from all the seriousness for a minute. :D

Ok if your mate popped round and went through your box's what record would you be most embarrassed about him finding, not your play box I mean the box where you have bought something out of interest, because of the label or producer etc.. Played it and thought what the funk is this old cap.

Ok mine is,

:( "love and desire" :)

Arpeggio

:D

S Soussan/S Barnes/J Cash

:(

Polydor.. 1978

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

only got two box's a play box and a sales box but you could probley find some imcriminating records in the draw under my bed blush.gif

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

None, a mans record box is his own 'personal paradise' and a tempting getaway from reality tv. So any outbreak of crapness is quickly dealt with.

(gawd he's talking shite)

Okay then David Bowie "the laughing gnome" on Deram

Social source share

only got two box's a play box and a sales box but you could probley find some imcriminating records in the draw under my bed :)

link

just incriminating records baz blush.gif

In my little secret box is ..... half a dozen Kenny Thomas singles ... I'm not that embarrassed about them as I think he's ace but most of my mates just stand and stare at me like I've just shot my grannie :(:D

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

[Okay then David Bowie "the laughing gnome" on Deram

link

Now being serious - there's nothing wrong with the Laughing Gnome - it's my fave bowie track and my little lad who is nearly 5 and knows all the words to this - we usually sing it going around Asda on a saturday afternoon - free entertainment for the shoppers :)

link

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

He got a got a degree from the London School of EcoGnomics y'know blush.gif

Haven't you got a G nome to go to  :D

You should take all those comedy LPs to certain nights to liven the crowds up  :(   :)

link

It's my ambition to drop a comedy theme tune in during a set for exmaple I reckon the theme from Van Der Valk would go down a storm

Social source share

It's my ambition to drop a comedy theme tune in during a set for exmaple I reckon the theme from Van Der Valk would go down a storm

link

blush.gif some idiot would dance to it :( I think Steptoe & Son theme would be superb - I would certainly do a few floor spins to it :dance:

Social source share

link

:) Van Der Valk wasn't comedy! TV drama series starring Barry Foster as the dutch detective, actually filmed in Amsterdam.

The theme tune "Eye Level" by the Simon Park Orchestra was a UK No1 for a few weeks - either Parlophone or Columbia if I remember rightly. In our house we played the B side more. Can't remember the title (Distant Hills maybe?) but it was the theme tune to ITV lunchtime drama series Crown Court. They had a jury made up of real members of the public (Reality TV anyone?) and filmed to different endings. The one shown would depend on the verdict.

If you're gonna play a comedy theme how about Benny Hill's? Yakketty Sax was a US Hit for Boots Randolph - of Take A Letter Maria fame - so there's you Northern Soul connection.

Climbs out of own bum and heads for work :(

Godz

ps First episode of Van Der Valk was titled "One Herring's Not Enough"

Now that is funny thumbsup.gif

Social source share

link

Nothing new there. Been done before mate - Theme From Joe 90, On The Brink (theme to BBC's Play For Today), Coloured Man...............the dreaded list goes on.

Social source share

:thumbsup: To get away from all the seriousness for a minute. :lol:

Ok if your mate popped round and went through your box's what record would you be most embarrassed about him finding, not your play box I mean the box where you have bought something out of interest, because of the label or producer etc.. Played it and thought what the funk is this old cap.

Ok mine is,

:) "love and desire" :D

Arpeggio

Polydor.. 1978

link

Bit of history being made around this record/time. Correct me if im wrong.

Sousan then went on (that year?) to launch Shalimar's career with 'Uptown Festival'

Les Mc Cutcheon (Colin Bee Pressings) was Sousan's apprentice in waiting at that time.

He picked up all tricks of the trade & then went on to launch Shakatak's career.

The rest as they say is history......

Col.

Social source share

if i were to have any embarrasing tunes hanging around ( which by the way i dont :D because i have excellent taste :lol: )

easy get out is to give them to my son who collects records too..or pretend i have bought it for him as he is young and still going through the wigan thing at the moment ( learning curve :D ).....

oh ok i have one..just one :)

ski-ing in the snow - the invitations..but only because i collect the dynovoice label :D

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest remus

:thumbsup: To get away from all the seriousness for a minute. :lol:

Ok mine is,

:) "love and desire" :D

Arpeggio

Polydor.. 1978

link

Give Pete Smith a bell, his box is full of 'em! :P

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

:thumbsup:  

If you're gonna play a comedy theme how about Benny Hill's?

link

There's a wonderfully bad psychobilly version of that called 'Benny Hill Boogie' by The Highliners, an on and off part of mt scootering DJing det

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

only got two box's a play box and a sales box but you could probley find some imcriminating records in the draw under my bed blush.gif

link

Ahhhh....The sex tool box...ha ha ha :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert