Sound Of The Weekend

Guest remus

First heard  'What a way to go'  on a tape a lad called Pete Miles from down Aldershot way did for me in the mid-late 80's.

Haven't seen him in years.  Anybody know what he's up to now? 

Can still see him clear as day peeking out his curtains, telling us all to "Shhhhh..... they're out there......!"

Top lad ...... and boy,  did he have some records!!

Last time i heard it out was about a year ago at Mick H's do in Nottingham, when the lovely Derek Allen played it .

link

I have a Pete Miles tape with it on, brilliant tape, stuff like K.Brooks, Ray Pollard on shrine.......will have to dig it out.

don't know what he's up to these days?........

Social source share

• Replies 70
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest remus

The Real Media Al Green I uploaded might not have any sound. Let's try again.

link

superb record, thats my record of the weekend :D

Social source share

First heard  'What a way to go'  on a tape a lad called Pete Miles from down Aldershot way did for me in the mid-late 80's.

Haven't seen him in years.  Anybody know what he's up to now? 

Can still see him clear as day peeking out his curtains, telling us all to "Shhhhh..... they're out there......!"

Top lad ...... and boy,  did he have some records!!

Last time i heard it out was about a year ago at Mick H's do in Nottingham, when the lovely Derek Allen played it .

link

Dont forget his motor,now people say mines a tip!! now his was a tip!!!might have

something to do with his paranioa?oh!and them boots he used to wear all the time.

Social source share

Dont forget his motor,now people say mines a tip!! now his was a tip!!!might have

something to do with his paranioa?oh!and them boots he used to wear all the time.

link

:D:(:yes::(:(

You're spot on Ken!! Would take a week to get to the end of his road he drove so slow!!

Oh .... and what about the way his right hand had been super glued to his beard!!!

Top lad though ..... with some amazing records!! Anybody know what happened to him?

Okay Okay .....was trying to be subtle...... anybody know what happened to his records?? :D

Social source share

:yes:   :yes:   :(   :(   :D

You're spot on Ken!!  Would take a week to get to the end of his road he drove so slow!!

Oh .... and what about the way his right hand had been super glued to his beard!!!

Top lad though ..... with some amazing records!!  Anybody know what happened to him?

Okay  Okay .....was trying to be subtle...... anybody know what happened to his records??  :(

link

Bagsie his Lee McCinny,i`ll keep holding on :D

Social source share

:thumbsup:   :yes:   :P   :yes:   laugh.gif

You're spot on Ken!!  Would take a week to get to the end of his road he drove so slow!!

Top lad though ..... with some amazing records!!  Anybody know what happened to him?

Okay  Okay .....was trying to be subtle...... anybody know what happened to his records??  :P

link

He's still about, but not at all active on the northern scene.

Apparently he still has nearly all his records.

I think he used go out with a girl called Corrine in the mid 80s. She still goes to local dos.

Col.

Social source share

Guest the dukester

superb record, thats my record of the weekend :thumbsup:

link

MY RECORD (S) OF THE WEEKEND

BE COOL BE CALM - STEVIE WONDER - ALBUM TRACK :yes:

DRIFTIN - CLAUDE BABY HUEY - M.I.O.B biggrin.gif:yes:

@ HYDRO SOUL CLUB - NEWTON AYCLIFFE.

Social source share

He's still about, but not at all active on the northern scene.

Apparently he still has nearly all his records.

I think he used go out with a girl called Corrine in the mid 80s. She still goes to local dos.

Col.

link

Oh wow ...... if you ever bump into him will you tell him i was asking about him please? (if you remember of course!)

It was a tape from him in the mid 80's that sealed my fate !! TOTALLY AWESOME!

It had everything on it ...... Bernard Smith, William Cummings, Silhouettes, Midniters, Lee McKinney, Lou Pride - Your love is Fadin ....... i would go on.... but i've depressed my self enough with these six !!

Loads,

Joan

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Let me know what you think of this?

Been around some time & sounds like Harold Melvin (but isn't)

Col.

link

INVITATIONS - LOOK ON THE GOOD SIDE - SILVER BLUE

TOP SOUND :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest remus

Oh wow ...... if you ever bump into him will you tell him i was asking about him please?  (if you remember of course!)

It was a tape from him in the mid 80's that sealed my fate !!  TOTALLY AWESOME!

It had everything on it ...... Bernard Smith, William Cummings, Silhouettes, Midniters, Lee McKinney, Lou Pride - Your love is Fadin ....... i would go on.... but i've depressed my self enough with these six !!

Loads,

Joan

link

same track listing as the one I got! :wicked::wicked:

Social source share

Guest remus

Let me know what you think of this?

Been around some time & sounds like Harold Melvin (but isn't)

Col.

link

No, it's LEW KIRTON :wicked:

Social source share

First heard 'What a way to go' on a tape a lad called Pete Miles from down Aldershot way did for me in the mid-late 80's.

Haven't seen him in years. Anybody know what he's up to now?

Top lad ...... and boy, did he have some records!!

i spoke to pete last week.

doesnt go to any soul do,s but still got his records under his bed

remember him playing dobie grey to me last 70,s i think.top tune

was him that got me into northern in bout 76

top man he is

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!