Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

no contest imo

Gareth x threw this out at soul or nothing

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...cmd=si&img=6436

need a button for repeat play

link

Absolutely stunning record, finally managed to throw myself around a dance floor to this at Cleethorpes having only really heard it properly on the Grapevine cd recently thumbsup.gif !! Kind of record that reminds me why I toured the country trying to hear new record,

Record of year for me in new Northern type of chart!!!

Anychance of playlist (appreciate wrong thread for that), from Gareth, love to hear sort of tunes you play.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

THIS IS SO GREAT ...... BLEW ME AWAY ..... IT SOUNDED THAT GOOD !!!

RECORD OF THE WEEKEND FOR ME TOO!!

link

My Prayer........ :ohmy: Great record, however I always feel Knackered after dancing to it...... :D

James kelly Duhon.......In school.....Jude.

Played by Mike-, also great to here this underplayed gem, not often heard. :ohmy:

Benny Latiomore...have a little faith....Dade.

Played by Gareth, AWSOOOOOOME soul........

post-1187-1120420370_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnmay
Social source share

Whatever ......  jeez ...  :ohmy:

link

The reason I asked, was that the link (on my mac) takes me to a strip of 5 different sound files.

I wasn't sure if that file was the one you were referring to.

No need to be so snotty.

Col.

ps I still think it sounds messy.

Edited by Soulsmith
Social source share

Keep your hair on fella!!

:D   .........      :ohmy:   :ohmy:   :D

link

Your advice is good, your timing is rubbish.

Having kids at 21 sorted out my hair styling options.

Back to biz............Ain't Got Nobody has got a brilliant intro. So it could have been that.

Col.

Social source share

ps. now about this "In School" business. Sound file?

link

james kelly duhon is a decent record but like the one above is a bit quick, modern (ykwim) and messy for me personally

here's a soundfile jas

1974 out of port arthur, texas

(it's for sale btw if anyone wants it)

Social source share

63 downloads of the Al Green track and not one positive comment.

Are you lot suffering from either collective amnesia, RSI or plain old wax between the ears?

Nobody has been able to post an mp3 of Dobie Grey track, is it unknown up north?

Bit late for sound of the weekend, but here's what I've been playing out today.

Col.

Edited by Soulsmith
Social source share

Benny Harper is great, but a bit messy and it feels too long. A frantic and messy tune like this shouldn't be more than maximum around 2:30 IMO. Many records suffer from being too long, they are good for the first half or two thirds and then they just run on without much thought behind it for the remaining time in order to get as much 'value for money' for their studio time or something. I know, I am very demanding... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Are you lot suffering from either collective amnesia, RSI or plain old wax between the ears?

link

yep, Al Green is great. known it for quite a while though can temeber where from first, Russ V maybe... butif i had a choice i'd pick Benny Harper thumbsup.gif tooon

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

yep, Al Green is great. known it for quite a while though can temeber where from first, Russ V maybe... butif i had a choice i'd pick Benny Harper  tongue.gif   tooon

link

Dave, is that Billie Jean in your avatar?

She would lick all the female players in her day thumbsup.gif:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Shane

Social source share

james kelly duhon is a decent record but like the one above is a bit quick, modern (ykwim) and messy for me personally

here's a soundfile jas

1974 out of port arthur, texas

(it's for sale btw if anyone wants it)

link

Used to have this,great isnt there a silly intro baby crying or something?,i`ll have if its cheap?,Dan...... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Yeah .....that's on the other side.

Horrible, horrible!      Enough to put you off the little darlings!!!!

link

:thumbsup::thumbsup:tongue.gif etc...... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Nobody has been able to post an mp3 of Dobie Grey track, is it unknown up north?

Col.

link

Hi Col, sorry not been in touch, how was the bike ride ?

Al Green brilliant record mate, wasn't it played at the Wheel, not that I was ever there, far too young :thumbsup:

Dave

Social source share

Col.

link

The Al Greene track is very good but can't remember when last heard it played out. I picked up a green and white Stateside demo of it about 10 years ago, if you get behind the record Col my copy will soon be worth a tenner, won't it? :thumbsup:

Edited by mormar44
Social source share

The Frank Hutson was tune of the weekend for me, but it was great to hear Benny Harper, I can't dance that fast though, I love the bit at the end when he sings: I want my Mummy!

I know I'm a bit biased but GarethX was the man of the moment - deffo

Social source share

That was hard work!

Another tune that turned up at the week-end. See what you think of Track 2 just above Billy's post.

Lyrics were obviously intended for a much simpler time. Sn*****, sn*****.

Col.

Edited by Soulsmith
Social source share

Hi Col, sorry not been in touch, how was the bike ride ?

Al Green brilliant record mate, wasn't it played at the Wheel, not that I was ever there, far too young :thumbsup:

Dave

link

The London - Brighton bike ride went really well on the hottest day of the year!

There were 6 of us in the end (all soulies) & we raised a tidy sum for the British Heart Foundation. Can confirm that Rob Messer was the joker in the pack!

Col

Apologies for going off topic.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Nobody got the mp3 file Dobie Grey - What A Way To Go then?

Chalky, Pete S?

It was played at Yate I think.

Col.

link

Been ages since I dug this out.....

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Cheers for that :ohmy:

Col.

Is it well known?

Did it get played out much?

link

Only ever heard it played a few times, "Honey you can't take it back" was always the better track and very popular in it's day until the boots turned up...

Social source share

Only ever heard it played a few times, "Honey you can't take it back" was always the better track and very popular in it's day until the boots turned up...

link

First heard 'What a way to go' on a tape a lad called Pete Miles from down Aldershot way did for me in the mid-late 80's.

Haven't seen him in years. Anybody know what he's up to now?

Can still see him clear as day peeking out his curtains, telling us all to "Shhhhh..... they're out there......!"

Top lad ...... and boy, did he have some records!!

Last time i heard it out was about a year ago at Mick H's do in Nottingham, when the lovely Derek Allen played it .

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest remus

Col.

link

I like it

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert