Up Yours Bin Laden Here's Two Great

Guest Dan

His name's bin Laden, he lives in a cave

He likes jazz-funk and he doesn't shave

In a spirit of getting away from all the political shit, here's two great Barbara Lynn cheapies that the bearded twat will never, ever hear* which is a thought to gladden the most sombre of hearts.

Anyone else with the technology fancy sharing a cheap two-fer to cheer everyone up?

*unless he's on soul-source as dave bin joiner.

Edited by Dan
Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

He's got one nut and he doesn't shave

In a spirit of getting away from all the political shit, here's two great Barbara Lynn cheapies that the bearded twat will never, ever hear* which is a thought to gladden the most sombre of hearts.

Anyone else with the technology fancy sharing a cheap two-fer to cheer everyone up?

link

Nice one Dan!!no cheap comments from me!great idea anybody els? whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest rachel

He's got one nut and he doesn't shave

link

Great tunes Dan, just had a conversation last weekend about how good Barbara Lynn was- so many nice tracks and don't think any of them are expensive? whistling.gif

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Great tunes Dan, just had a conversation last weekend about how good Barbara Lynn was- so many nice tracks and don't think any of them are expensive?  whistling.gif

link

she's awesome rachel IMO

she wrote both of these herself, too

can heartily recommend the atlantic album 'here is barbara lynn', 12 good to great tracks

Social source share

On second thoughts, not 2 of the most cheerful records I could have posted.

But, they will take your mind off things.

Col.

link

sound good to me col

come on, need a few more...an album's worth of tracks the mad bus-bombing bastard will never get to hear

Social source share

Great tunes Dan, just had a conversation last weekend about how good Barbara Lynn was- so many nice tracks and don't think any of them are expensive?  ranting_1.gif

link

great tunes Dan proper collectors tackle without the ego baggage. Seem to think there's a 45 of hers thats just started attracting big money attention £500+. Sort of a two step/early 70s type thing thats just been discovered/rediscovered (take your pick). Red label help me out chaps 'Mellow' ?

derek

Her "Nice & Easy" on Atlantic is also well nice as we street types say...

Social source share

great tunes Dan proper collectors tackle without the ego baggage. Seem to think there's a 45 of hers thats just started attracting big money attention £500+. Sort of a two step/early 70s type thing thats just been discovered/rediscovered (take your pick). Red label help me out chaps 'Mellow' ?

derek

link

mellow feeling on lov inc

would put up soundfile but sold it for £75 last year.

bah!

Social source share

mellow feeling on lov inc

would put up soundfile but sold it for £75 last year.

bah!

link

I love this lady...Turn over "this is the thanks for a real haunting tune called "ring telephone ring" i love it thumbsup.gif ...In the last line she is pleading for the phone to ring,its so so sad and oooooooooooooooooh,full of pain...This woman knows how to sing some real soul for me...I think she is fantastic ranting_1.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

derek

link

Trying to love two...Awsome!!! ranting_1.gif

Social source share

link

As Hon Sec of the Barbara Lynn fan club, I have to compliment you on your choices Dan.....can't help wondering if we'd hear them out more if they were £200 records ranting_1.gifthumbsup.gif

Here's a cheerful cheapie...will add another when I can find the bugger! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Can someone please put me out of my misery and tell me if the backing track on Barbara Lynn Your losing me has been used on another song.

I am going out of my mind trying to think of it.

Social source share

Can someone please put me out of my misery and tell me if the backing track on Barbara Lynn  Your losing me has been used on another song.

I am going out of my mind trying to think of it.

link

youve got to pay the price gloria taylor/al kent?

Social source share

As Hon Sec of the Barbara Lynn fan club, I have to compliment you on your choices Dan.....can't help wondering if we'd hear them out more if they were £200 records ranting_1.gif   thumbsup.gif

Here's a cheerful cheapie...will add another when I can find the bugger! :thumbsup:

link

more cheap and cheerful brilliance dave

Social source share

Guest glyn-w

link

great choise mate..but i still think my fave by Barbara Lynn is: You`ll Lose A Good Thing..Ab-FAB, think it was her first chart hit in the U.S.A in 1963..followed by a close 2nd by Barbara Lynn: Nice And Easy.mmm Tasty sir :yes:

Social source share

Guest glyn-w

As Hon Sec of the Barbara Lynn fan club, I have to compliment you on your choices Dan.....can't help wondering if we'd hear them out more if they were £200 records :yes:   :D

Here's a cheerful cheapie...will add another when I can find the bugger! :yes:

link

Yet another good sound Dave.. :D

Social source share

Great tunes Dan, just had a conversation last weekend about how good Barbara Lynn was- so many nice tracks and don't think any of them are expensive?  :yes:

link

You Left The Water Running - Barbra Lynn, one of my favorite tracks ever!!

QoF

xx

Social source share

great choise mate..but i still think my fave by Barbara Lynn is: You`ll Lose A Good Thing..Ab-FAB, think it was her first chart hit in the U.S.A in 1963..followed by a close 2nd by Barbara Lynn: Nice And Easy.mmm Tasty sir :huh:

link

not sure i totally agree re you'll lose a good thing, but here it is glyn for those who don't know it (along with arguably her biggest northern oldie?)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert