60s thru" 70s & onwards

"Quality Only" Classics...Underplayed...Forgotten...Oldies & Newies

Guest Demons on the night;

STEVE JAY...JOHNNY"FINGERS"...STEVE GUARNORI..."YOUNG"BRETT SMITH

plus Resident Clowns; Russ Holley & Ray Mahoney

NEW FULLY REFURBISHED VENUE

new wooden dancefloor(talc ok)

late bar + coffee bar

cheap drinks + hot/cold food(blooming marvelous!!!)

large safe lit car park

comfy lounge area

ALL DESIGNED IN A CONTEMPORARY STYLE

well worth a visit@

"Club Caliente" Parnwell Centre, Peterborough, Cambs. PE1 AYL

for more info call Russ 07968437250

Edited by russoul1
  • Replies 48
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

well got told lastnight that there will be a witch present!! anyway fancy dress optional......

From last night (Friday) at 'Stamford' looks like there are 3 going for the witch look!!

With the guest DJ's lined up and a cracking venue, great dance floor and a punchy sound system is sure to be a great night.

Looking forward to it. Ray

ps/ here is a link to the last 'Caliente' with DJ play lists and photos etc...

https://www.soul-sour...1entry1122938

Else, heres a couple of photos from the last one...

post-7608-12561144966_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12561145454544_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12561145782313_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12561146359255_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12561146701581_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raym

This event makes next weekend almost an east anglian weekender this night @ club caliente on saturday the perfect afterparty for the fridaythumbsup.gif .................................................................................

ITS FREE @SPALDING SERVICES & SOCIAL CLUB,FRIDAY 30TH OCTOBER ,MY BIRTHDAY BASH FUNDRAISER , FREE ADMISSION ,CANCER CHARITY COLLCTION & RAFFLE ON THE NIGHT,EVERYONE WELCOME ,JUST EMAIL FOR YOUR FREE TICKET!!...........oldbarnants@aol.com

really looking forward to it always a great night ,thanks for asking me backyes.gif

steve

This event makes next weekend almost an east anglian weekender this night @ club caliente on saturday the perfect afterparty for the fridaythumbsup.gif .................................................................................

ITS FREE @SPALDING SERVICES & SOCIAL CLUB,FRIDAY 30TH OCTOBER ,MY BIRTHDAY BASH FUNDRAISER , FREE ADMISSION ,CANCER CHARITY COLLCTION & RAFFLE ON THE NIGHT,EVERYONE WELCOME ,JUST EMAIL FOR YOUR FREE TICKET!!...........oldbarnants@aol.com

really looking forward to it always a great night ,thanks for asking me backyes.gif

steve

This event makes next weekend almost an east anglian weekender this night @ club caliente on saturday the perfect afterparty for the friday:thumbsup: .................................................................................

steve

Dont hear from you for a while then two at once! :thumbsup::D

Yes Steve, its gonna be a busy weekend - two events (ITS and Caliente) both not to be missed! :lol:

Cheers, Ray

(ps/ are you dressing up?) :yes:

Dont hear from you for a while then two at once! whistling.gifbiggrin.gif

Yes Steve, its gonna be a busy weekend - two events (ITS and Caliente) both not to be missed! thumbsup.gif

Cheers, Ray

(ps/ are you dressing up?) unsure.gif

The weekends so good I wanted to tell everyone twice whistling.gif ,me dressing up ,I always look a little strange and more than a little ghoulishph34r.gif .

steve

Guest Pete Bennett

Hi folks, really looking forward to it. I will be bringing two very lovely witches with me. Anyone who had beent to a Blue Skies Christmas dos will know what I am on about. thumbup.gif

Pete

After my Friday night trek 3 hours northward, to partake in the joy's of a Burnley 'Niter - my Souling is DONE, for this week. Soooo...

My 'Countdown' to Club Caliente, this coming Saturday, has formally BEGUN !! yes.gifyes.gif And it's 'all braincell systems GO' - as to what tasty little morsels I might take with me as potential spins for this Halloween 'Soul Special' g.gifg.gif

I will most DEFINATELY be taking my two, latest, NEW spins.. With one of 'em seeing it's FIRST EVER turntable action and I just KNOW that it's gonna please the dancers no end.. good.gif it's THE most absotively, posilutely, BEST version EVER !! of Robert Parker's early 60's 'standard'.. BAREFOOTIN' -with No No Starr doing the honours. ohmy.gif Total KNOCKOUT !! ph34r.gif

The other 'Newbie' has only seen action at one venue, thus far, that being Sandi's 50th celebrations in Wolves. It was THAT good, I played it TWICE in my hour set !! thumbup.gif - Nina Simone, with an alternate take on an 'old' classic of hers (late 50's, I think..). With this 45 being 'DOUBLE BUBBLE'.. with the flip 'Gimme Some' providing the 'cherry' for my little 'vinyl cake'.. Ooh, OOH !! I'm Sooo exited, and Sooo looking forward to - what, on this occassion - will be theee PERFECT warm-up gig prior to heading over to Lifeline's SUPERB 'Real Deal' allnighter at The Stables.

What a CRACKIN' night to be had.. thumbsup.gif

BE THERE !! - Or..

MISS OUT !! biggrin.gif

Fingers shades.gif

Hi folks, really looking forward to it. I will be bringing two very lovely witches with me. Anyone who had beent to a Blue Skies Christmas dos will know what I am on about. thumbup.gif

Pete

looks like a few witches will be in attendance!! what do they call a collective of witches? "A GABBLE"??? g.gif "HEN PARTY"???g.gif

"MOTHER IN LAWS"???g.gif

looks like a few witches will be in attendance!! what do they call a collective of witches? "A GABBLE"??? :chinstroke: "HEN PARTY"???:chinstroke:

"MOTHER IN LAWS"???:chinstroke:

:laugh::laugh: Very good, Russ.. :laugh:

I take it - with the wit that you possess at such a late hour - YOU haven't been 'Up All Night', then ?? :D

I forget to mention - I got a new LP acquisition, last night, too.. An elusive little bu**er (well.. 12" ain't REALLY 'little', is it..) that has eluded me for the two years since Dave Rivers put me on to it (he does enjoy a good 'tease', does our Mr Rivers :glare: ).

A 1993 release, but NOT the easiest to track down.. Alexander O'Neal on UK Tabu - with a 'Call The Police' !! LP only track: 'Since I've Been Loving You'. :good:

If you DON'T already know of this track, be prepared to be assaulted by one 'AWESOMELY CLASS' mid-tempo, 'bouncy' slab of QUALITY Soul music. It ticks EVERY box required to produce an OUTSTANDING record that - straight away - conjures an image of a Four-Figure price tag. :yes::yes:

Right then !! That's THREE of my spins for Saturday sorted.. Just another TWENTY or so to go :laugh:

If there is anything in particular that someone will want to hear, then feel free to let me know before the day & I can ensure I don't leave your requests behind. :smile:

No.. 'F**K OFF' is NOT considered a valid request.. :D

Fingers..

PS: Just thought of another good candidate.. my (infamous) 'Missing' Inspirations acetate - out of Philly - 'I Can't Stop Thinking About You'' thumbsup.gifOOOH.. !! And I better pack me Len Barry Acetate LP - and a smattering of tunes 'well-known & established' in our music scene's history - but not QUITE how people are USED to hearing them.. I think I feel a few 'Alternate' versions coming on.. :shhh:

Hmmm !! Now.. what else ?? :wicked:

Let me see.. :ph34r:

Alexander O'Neal - Since I've been Loving You - Tabu -

Edited by FickleFingers

I can't wait for this one. It is deffo going to be a great night. Great venue, friendly people, great music, what more could you ask for? I might even try the "Fish "n" Chips" this time!!! see you all there.

had a good laugh on friday liam! what did i tell you regards stoke city?

there will also be more food available on the nightthumbup.gif plus might be a few sweets thrown about.....

russ

Pete

Hi Pete, good to hear a few more joining in the with the Fancy Dress on the night! Just need a big couldron with all the witches that are gonna be in attendance!!

Cheers, Ray

ps/ Anyone heading up north (from "daan saarfff") to Lifeline Allnighter up A1 then call in and have a beer on route. 'Caliente' is easy to find just off A1 at Peterborough - see sketch map attached PDF.

Postcode = PE1 4YL

Caliente Map1.pdf

Edited by Raym
Guest Pete Bennett

Is it a "coven" of witches?

Anyway not long to go now.......Steve

It is indeed a coven. And I am reliably informed by Liz that her mum is undoubtedly a witch so watch out like mother like daughter, actually it should be daughters as it is Liz's sister who is coming along as well. wicked.gif

Seems like we will all be in for treats from behind the decks as well.thumbup.gif

Come on Friday.

Oh last thing, Ray do you know where the local cauldron dealership is and are they open on a Saturday?

It is indeed a coven. And I am reliably informed by Liz that her mum is undoubtedly a witch so watch out like mother like daughter, actually it should be daughters as it is Liz's sister who is coming along as well. wicked.gif

Seems like we will all be in for treats from behind the decks as well.thumbup.gif

Come on Friday.

Oh last thing, Ray do you know where the local cauldron dealership is and are they open on a Saturday?

'Couldron' -= sounds like one of those naff names that likes of KIA and HYUNDAI come up with for their 'family' range of cars and wonder why their sales cant touch likes of FORD or VAUXHALL laugh.gif

I know Liz is a dab hand at the cake making (Toby's last do at begining of year) but some competition here at 'Caliente' with our Helen!

post-7608-12566344286354_thumb.jpg

Helen's promised us a Seasonal surprise this month (I did wonder where all the insides of the pumkin went!! yuk!) tongue.gif

See you all Saturday night. Ray

post-7608-12566344286354_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raym

I can't wait for this one. It is deffo going to be a great night. Great venue, friendly people, great music, what more could you ask for? I might even try the "Fish "n" Chips" this time!!! see you all there.

Hi Liam, just noticed your posting on this thread 'tucked in there'!!

yes the Fish & Chips is worth a try - as recommended by Mr Fortnum!! biggrin.gif

post-7608-12566351469587_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12566351469587_thumb.jpg

Not long now people thumbup.gif

looking forward to this night to be able to dj again back down at pboro,

and to hear what else is played through out the night.

got my fancy dress all sorted but i could get abit hot in it so extra things will be needed to help me survive the night lol.

see you all there good.gif

' Young Brett'

Not long now people thumbup.gif

looking forward to this night to be able to dj again back down at pboro,

and to hear what else is played through out the night.

got my fancy dress all sorted but i could get abit hot in it so extra things will be needed to help me survive the night lol.

see you all there good.gif

' Young Brett'

My Mistake again!!

Sorry people!

'Young Brett'

Guest Pete Bennett

I know Liz is a dab hand at the cake making (Toby's last do at begining of year)

See you all Saturday night. Ray

Raymondo.That Liz is a fantastic cake maker mate,i know ive had some (the cake that is),

We may pop in to see you all on our way up to Lifeline,depends om who motor we use and all that,btw did you ever find a safety pin Saturday ??

See ya

Toby and his collection of wierd allsorts of Witches,old bags , hags and Andy Kempster(hes the ugliest of them all)..We cant stay long as we have a birthday party to attend at Lifeline.

breaking news we have a guest medium coming along, also a few large and extra large coming toooo!!tumbleweed3.gif

I thought about turning up with no shirt on as its Halloween, but changed my mind as it might be a bit to scary ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif

Just had a request for a couple of oldies

Ike & tina Turner "dust my broom(stick)" and Cobblestone "Trick me treat me" :ohmy:

and...wait for it....

Skip Jackson "I'm onto you goul" :D

Nice one Steve! :thumbup:

Seeing as we are having a bit of a laugh.....

post-7608-12568500711955_thumb.jpg

Johnny doing his Madonna impression

post-7608-12568501540881_thumb.jpg

Mr Fortnum demonstrating what goes on at the A47 layby

post-7608-12568502279487_thumb.jpg

Carl showing another ingenious way to eat chips

post-7608-12568504652234_thumb.jpg

Russ getting the beers in - a relatively straight forward, albeit painfull experience for Russ

post-7608-12568505025247_thumb.jpg

Captions please?

post-7608-12568503006204_thumb.jpg

Enjoying the fish & chips

post-7608-12568503396063_thumb.jpg

The lads

post-7608-12568500711955_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12568501540881_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12568502279487_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12568503006204_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12568503396063_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12568504652234_thumb.jpg

post-7608-12568505025247_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raym

with or without the nipple clamps ?biggrin.gif

With Gibber - defo! :thumbsup: and keep taking those pills - you're looking gorgeous!

Talking this afternoon it sounds like a fair number making the effort for Fancy Dress! :D

Over to ITS Spalding tonight to drum up some more interest.

Edited by Raym

DJ TIMES FOR TONIGHT,

8 - 9 RAY & RUSS

9 - 10 "YOUNG" BRETT SMITH

10 - 11 STEVE G

11 - 12 JOHNNY "FINGERS"

12 - 1 STEVE JAY

1 - 2 RAY & RUSS

hopefully thats ok for the lads who are off after to lifeline allnighter

brought a load of sweets! there will also be a special halloween cake! loads of people dressing up might have a competition? fancy dress

dance off!wicked.gif (winner free grub of choice of menu plus drink chosen by pam the club owner)

dont forget HOT FOOD AVAILABLE, fish n chips, scampi etc also HOT DRINKS lovely for later on

PERFECT STOP OFF FOR THOSE GOING ON TO THE LIFELINE NIGHTER

see you laters

DIRECTIONS; A47 PETERBOROUGH HEADING TOWARDS WISBECH FOLLOW TO YOU GET TO EYE ROUNDABOUT(kfc + shell garage) TAKE EXIT OFF

TO EASTERN INDUSTRIES(parnwell way) TAKE LEFT TURN OF ROUNDABOUT(saltersgate)DRIVE TO END OFF ROAD, T JUNCTION TURN RIGHT ROUND

TO CLUB ON LEFT simples

any problems call me on 07968437250

A big ITS Spalding posse is planning to make it across tonight ,so things could get really messy ph34r.gifwhistling.gif , we are all ready for part 2 of the "fenland weekender",we had a great start last night in Spalding raising a substantial figure on the night for macmillan ,but be warned the "collection bucket" is coming with us so it will be trick or treat as we try to add a little more to the total raised on the nightyes.gif .

Looking like a top night ,cant waitthumbup.gif

See ya there

Steve

A big ITS Spalding posse is planning to make it across tonight ,so things could get really messy ph34r.gifwhistling.gif , we are all ready for part 2 of the "fenland weekender",we had a great start last night in Spalding raising a substantial figure on the night for macmillan ,but be warned the "collection bucket" is coming with us so it will be trick or treat as we try to add a little more to the total raised on the nightyes.gif .

Looking like a top night ,cant waitthumbup.gif

See ya there

Steve

Nice one Steve, looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the Spalding Posse!

Guest Pete Bennett

Right it is 5.00pm and the make up is going on big time. The witch and the pirate are up stairs now. Did I say pirate? Yes believe it or not I did. Count dracula is next to get made up. We are then waiting for the Queen of Hearts and the Devil. Did I say Queen of Hearts? Yes believe it or not I did. Peterborough is a weird place. thumbup.gif

Can't wait for my fish and chips.

See you soon. What a great night in prospect.

Pete.

what a great halloween ive had so far! just seen a real horror show at the posh! so im gonna come as a mad football supporter....

see you all laters

PS; WENT ACROSS THE ROAD TO THE VENUE EARLIER LOOKING GOOD WITH LOADS OF HALLOWEEN STUFF HANGING, BATS, SPIDERS, BEETLES ETC

SHOULD BE A RIGHT PARTY NIGHT!!!

Source Advert