Burscough Legion New Years Eve Party

Thanks to everyone who attended the New Years Eve bash at Burscough Legion last night, a good crowd in from all over the North West and beyond dancing to a mix of both classic and underplayed sounds!! :shhh:

A bit of a departure from our normal nights this one so its sometimes a bit difficult to decide what to play with a more mixed audience, but we thought all the DJs played some excellent stuff.

Ta to all the DJs last night-----Bridgey (and Linda!!), Dolly (and Trina!!), Jacko and Nigel. Loads of people to mention also for making the journey over---- Mick and Karen, Pete & Liz and the two soulsmurfs, the Orrell crew, Jimmy Knowles, all the Bolton crowd, loads from Burscough, Ormskirk and Southport, Sue, Pete and Eddie, Paul and loads of others too numerous to mention! Special thanks to Hedley for being the unofficial chauffeur last night and Eddie on the door keeping the riff-raff in!

Sorry to all who missed out on the corned beef hash-------one minute there were pan fulls, the next it was all gone!! The gannets had descended!! (Sorry about that Tony M, I could tell you were disappointed mate!!).

Hope everyone enjoyed it and we would like to send our best wishes for 2010 to everyone and we'll see you all soon at Burscough Legion! thumbup.gif

Don't forget our next night at the Legion, back to our normal music policy of underplayed and rarer sounds on Saturday January 23rd. Great DJ line-up for this one with Tony Foster, Killa, Keith Williams and Keith Brady guesting so we hope to see you all there!!

Happy New Year......Tony and Lisa

Edited by brookesy
  • Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks to everyone who attended the New Years Eve bash at Burscough Legion last night, a good crowd in from all over the North West and beyond dancing to a mix of both classic and underplayed sounds!! thumbsup.gif

A bit of a departure from our normal nights this one so its sometimes a bit difficult to decide what to play with a more mixed audience, but we thought all the DJs played some excellent stuff.

Ta to all the DJs last night-----Bridgey (and Linda!!), Dolly (and Trina!!), Jacko and Nigel. Loads of people to mention also for making the journey over---- Mick and Karen, Pete & Liz and the two soulsmurfs, the Orrell crew, Jimmy Knowles, all the Bolton crowd, loads from Burscough, Ormskirk and Southport, Sue, Pete and Eddie, Paul and loads of others too numerous to mention! Special thanks to Hedley for being the unofficial chauffer last night and Eddie on the door keeping the riff-raff in!

Sorry to all who missed out on the corned beef hash-------one minute there were pan fulls, the next it was all gone!! The gannets had descended!! (Sorry about that Tony M, I could tell you were disappointed mate!!).

Hope everyone enjoyed it and we would like to send our best wishes for 2010 to everyone and we'll see you all soon at Burscough Legion! :thumbup:

Don't forget our next night at the Legion, back to our normal music policy of underplayed and rarer sounds on Saturday January 23rd. Great DJ line-up for this one with Tony Foster, Killa, Keith Williams and Keith Brady guesting so we hope to see you all there!!

Coulda done with a Soul Shot last night-

Hey Ho!

See ya soon

All the Bestest

Tony

thumbup.gifWell Brookesy n Lisa

What another brill New Years Eve u supplied us all with. What a way to let in the New Year. Music not your usual Burscough night but anyone who has been to your new year do's knows its party nite. Brill music from all the DJ's (Luke sends just one comment - Clifford Curry), even thought he still got on the foor, Matt was glued to his seat think he's that age now. Anyway we all had a great nite, good friends, great music and plenty of Vodka.

Did u know 2 records before u let the old year out with one of mine n Pete's fav records and the two records in u played another.

Happy New Year and c u all soon.

The Smurfettes just loved the cornbeef hash by the way.

Smurfy n Pete x x x x x x x x thumbup.gif

Hi Tony & Lisa,

Another Fantastic "New Years Eve Special" at the Burscough British Legion. This was our 2nd and Bryan & Cath's 3rd. They just get better and better. Couldn't believe how many turned out. We arrived at about 7.45 (ish) and by 8.45 (ish) it was "Full". The music policy for the night was absolutely bang on....... Straight across the board (something for everyone), including a few Rare & Underplayed which went down brilliantly. Thanks for inviting me to Guest DJ for you and both Linda and myself thought all the other DJ's: Tony, Nigel, Jacko and Dolly did an "Awesome" job keeping the dance floor full all night long even to the "Extended Finish" of 3.30 am............ thumbsup.gifWELL DONE thumbsup.gif

All the very best to everyone involved at The Legion for 2010 and we will definitely be travelling over the Pennines to your Rare & Underplayed Night....yes.gif

Thanks again,

KTF......................... Bridgey & Linda....thumbup.gif

Thanks to everyone who attended the New Years Eve bash at Burscough Legion last night, a good crowd in from all over the North West and beyond dancing to a mix of both classic and underplayed sounds!! thumbsup.gif

Ta to all the DJs last night-----Bridgey (and Linda!!), Dolly (and Trina!!), Jacko and Nigel. Loads of people to mention also for making the journey over---- Mick and Karen, Pete & Liz and the two soulsmurfs, the Orrell crew, Jimmy Knowles, all the Bolton crowd, loads from Burscough, Ormskirk and Southport, Sue, Pete and Eddie, Paul and loads of others too numerous to mention! Special thanks to Hedley for being the unofficial chauffer last night and Eddie on the door keeping the riff-raff in!

Hope everyone enjoyed it and we would like to send our best wishes for 2010 to everyone and we'll see you all soon at Burscough Legion! :thumbup:

what a great way to see the new year in,laughs a plenty,tony you need to get back to the opticians for a new pair of glasses :laugh: the landlord and landlady of our digs were knocked out with the night and couldn't believe what they've been missing,corned beef hash was "gone in sixty seconds" a bit the worse for wear this morning but what the hell! see you on the 23rd

Thanks Tony & Lisa,

For a brill night, what a way to bring in the new year. Brill music, great company, Thanks for playing The Presentations Tony it was nice to get to dance to it for a change.

I would like to also thank the DJs for their contribution for a great night.

Lisa can I have the recipe for the Hash please ?, cos the lads loved it. ( they don't like my cookin' )

I would like to appologise to anyone I didn't get to wish a Happy New Year to.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL

Pete n Liz

Thanks for all the positive comments, we hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

When we picked the equipment up from the Legion the stewardess informed us that a pair of womens tights had been found in the gents loo ohmy.gif------we thought at first they were Petes but decided that they can't be as he only wears stockings................!!! :thumbup:

Roll on 23rd January, we'll see everyone then. thumbsup.gif

When we picked the equipment up from the Legion the stewardess informed us that a pair of womens tights had been found in the gents loo ohmy.gif------we thought at first they were Petes but decided that they can't be as he only wears stockings................!!! :thumbup:

A great night Tony. Good friends, good music and plenty of good booze. All you can ask for.

Andy.

Well, now I've just about recovered back into a state where I can make some sort of sensible comment (no laughing), I have to say what a great New Years Eve it was.

I was a little bit apprehensive about the change of tack, music wise, as it might take away from what Burscough is all about but thankfully I needn't have worried. A fantastic set of people, a really good cross-section of tunes, still with a rare edge to it and Lord knows how many beers made for a great party atmosphere and one of the best New Years Eve nights I've had in years. And I'd like to thank everyone there for that.

Was really pleased for Tony & Lisa at the turnout on the night and glad everybody enjoyed it. I'm not gonna say much about the shortfall in the Tatty Hash except to say it didn't spoil my evening, so chin up Lisa thumbsup.gif

Big thanks to Nigel, Dolly, Jacko, Bridgey and of course Tony for playing up a full dance floor practically all night. I say practically all night because quite a lot couldn't stand up by the end laugh.gif (Or was that just me? )

Looking forward to a great New Year at The Legion. Long may it continue thumbup.gif

Edited by Blunny
Guest dollythered

Just wanna say what a brill night it was at burscough last night,great music, great people, what a place to spend new years eve,The place was buzzing when we arrived about 8ish & was still buzzin at 3.30,Thanks to tony & lisa for asking me to guest dj along side bridgey,jacko,nigel & tony

Happy new year to you all

Dolly & Trina x

When we picked the equipment up from the Legion the stewardess informed us that a pair of womens tights had been found in the gents loo ohmy.gif------we thought at first they were Petes but decided that they can't be as he only wears stockings................!!! laugh.gif

No wonder I couldn't find any tights at home cos I did promise a posh frock, thought pete looked warm n toasty. We also forgot the mouse.

Once again brill nite soz we had to leave early the smurfettes ran out of steam.

No wonder I couldn't find any tights at home cos I did promise a posh frock, thought pete looked warm n toasty. We also forgot the mouse.

Once again brill nite soz we had to leave early the smurfettes ran out of steam.

I'm surprised i didn't have to leave early after being chased round by the little fella all night lol, i didn't encourage him........honest!!whistling.gif

It was a great night.....proper party atmosphere x

Guest porky yorkie

I'm surprised i didn't have to leave early after being chased round by the little fella all night lol, i didn't encourage him........honest!!whistling.gif

It was a great night.....proper party atmosphere x

If I thought you were encouraging spookie I'd have let you keep himwhistling.gifonto.gif

Guest hobbo49

first time for me at this soul club, travelled from skegness to me with some great friends from bolton, wales and the orrell crowd. had a great nite with great people,must say nice venue . hope to be back to this cracking venue soon.

If the Corn beef hash was gobbled up look no farther than Jacko he,s half man half waste disposal unit saw it wi mi own eyes last Wed at the Monaco

the only bloke i know who can fit a Asda 24 inch baggette sidewaysshades.giflaugh.gif

you aint wrong there ian ive seen him with me own eyes. and yes your not wrong it all went within seconds angry.gif anyway me n martin had a good night

If the Corn beef hash was gobbled up look no farther than Jacko he,s half man half waste disposal unit saw it wi mi own eyes last Wed at the Monaco

the only bloke i know who can fit a Asda 24 inch baggette sidewaysshades.gif:lol:

I hope you're talking about in his mouth, Ian....................:lol: :lol:

Anyway thanks for all the positive feedback, we're debating whether to do next New Year, don't know yet but its a long way off.........roll on the 23rd January, some top DJs lined up for that one and back to our usual music policy...................thumbsup.gif

Source Advert